Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Spirit of Kung Fu" from Si Fu Leo Au Yeung.

"The Spirit of Kung Fu" from Si Fu Leo Au Yeung.

Hi folks,

Over the past year or so Si Fu Leo Au Yeung has worked with filmmaker Patrick Watkins to produce a documentary covering his background of kung fu styles; "The Spirit of Kung Fu".

With a look at everything from Wing Chun to the three treasures of Hung Gar Kuen to Choy Lay Fut & various weapons styles; with demonstrations, techniques & history looked at for all.

This is the first part, covering Wing Chun.

There is much more to come in the very near future.

Part One:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrE8uEw9JVk

Cheers all!

Thanks for posting, JP! Getting ready to watch the video right now!

where the mao does he live, it looks like even a down syndrome paraplegic can attract kung fu students if u live in the right area. im super jelly for reals

this is like my dream job. i hope one day i can do this too. *rubs testicles
    Last edited by bawang; 07-13-2014 at 02:14 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Good job guys! I really liked the cinematography and editing. The creative use of the gopro was really innovative. You guys came up with a cool way to put together a martial arts doc. I'd like to see more.

Thanks guys. Cheers MB, took them a lot of work to put this together so much appreciated that it's appreciated!

Not gonna say any else about your post Bawang other than to state that Si Fu Leo is originally from Hong Kong, but now lives & teaches in London...

Part 2 is now up for anyone interested, a look at some Southern weapons & hung gar foundations:

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L2h...R2pcBdKXygS7rw

Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    where the mao does he live, it looks like even a down syndrome paraplegic can attract kung fu students if u live in the right area. im super jelly for reals

this is like my dream job. i hope one day i can do this too. *rubs testicles

how come you post stuff like this most of the time? i seen your thread about the big ass dao which was actually interesting... you seem to have decent knowledge but can't use it constructively

nicely made vid although i only watched up until the wing chun started
    I guess we are who we are

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    how come you post stuff like this most of the time? i seen your thread about the big ass dao which was actually interesting... you seem to have decent knowledge but can't use it constructively
    my words are the screech of a vulture hovering above a rotting corpse.

"the spirit of kung fu" is the smell that emits from it.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-20-2014 at 09:51 PM.

my words are the screech of a vulture hovering above a rotting corpse.

"the spirit of kung fu" is the smell that emits from it.

I hope you're taking notes on what you write. A book of bawang'isms could be very lucrative.

It would be lovely if you could quantify the problems that you see with reason more so than quotable flippancy, BW. Everyone's on a learning curve here; why present that you know better with mere condescension over discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by A Joyful Proces View Post
    It would be lovely if you could quantify the problems that you see with reason more so than quotable flippancy, BW. Everyone's on a learning curve here; why present that you know better with mere condescension over discussion?
    That wouldn't be nearly as fun. I wouldn't take his criticisms too seriously. I'm pretty sure he's never stepped foot in a kwoon but he seems to read a lot - sometimes he's quite racist... although I think he hates the Chinese most of all even though I think he's Chinese. He seems to have an irrational fear of Caucasian weight lifters and judges all TCMA based on what he perceives as that martial art's ability to defend against said Caucasian weight lifters. So far he's judged all TCMA as lacking - especially Wing Chun and anything that comes from Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    That wouldn't be nearly as fun. I wouldn't take his criticisms too seriously.
    Indeed!

Some of the stuff he says is absolutely hilarious, sometimes it's crude and makes me cringe, and every now and then he offers up some nuggets of sage wisdom. With bawang you take the good with the bad and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    That wouldn't be nearly as fun. I wouldn't take his criticisms too seriously. I'm pretty sure he's never stepped foot in a kwoon but he seems to read a lot - sometimes he's quite racist... although I think he hates the Chinese most of all even though I think he's Chinese. He seems to have an irrational fear of Caucasian weight lifters and judges all TCMA based on what he perceives as that martial art's ability to defend against said Caucasian weight lifters. So far he's judged all TCMA as lacking - especially Wing Chun and anything that comes from Hong Kong.
    its perfectly understandable to think like you do if kung fu just is a "alternative" hobby to you, like bobbel head collecting, tranny chasing and battletech centers.

your school is among the last kung fu school in michigan. in the final extinction phase of american kung fu, you are milking the last bit of ego validation and power fantasy fulfillment that is left in the empty withered husk of your kwoon. propagation of the art does not matter. what matters is that you are satisfied. you are like the last dodo clucking loudly at the sky. count every second.

Quote Originally Posted by A Joyful Proces View Post
    the problem is you pretend to not know what the problem is.
    Last edited by bawang; 07-21-2014 at 05:34 PM.

wasn't someone suggesting a kung fu magazine tournament ? bawang vs mightyb go!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    wasn't someone suggesting a kung fu magazine tournament ? bawang vs mightyb go!
    are you a young man?

are you a young man?
    now i'm worried...yes...youngish... your not a priest are you?