Thread: Lama Pai kung fu sparring form 20 years ago.....

Hybrid View

Lama Pai kung fu sparring form 20 years ago.....

I was lucky to find this very rare footage

This is the "Lama Kung Fu" school in Manhattan NYC. The year is 1994. Doing some sparring as part of the new year demonstration that was done each year. The ground work comes from the cross training I was bringing into the school. You will notice Chan Tai San walking around in the background, his school always did sparring and he never had issues with ground work (despite what one person has claimed)

Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

honestly have no idea what lama pai is but that looked good...maybe mooying should take notes for his class
    I guess we are who we are

did you get any students ross? any crazies kneel down at the front door yet?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

I continue to have TONS of students as always, but the "funny thing" is that those who approached me about "kung fu" all inevitably find excuses not to work hard.. that is what has happened to kung fu... it has become leisure hobby....

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    very similar to how our school spars. Hard with intent and not afraid to close the gap.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I find that there is no dispute that cannot be resolved by a passionate embrace between two people who care enough to try.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

his school always did sparring and he never had issues with ground work (despite what one person has claimed)
    From what I've seen, it's more often the students of the masters who have a desire to keep things "traditional". Many, if not most of the older teachers I met in Singapore were very open to cross training.

I haven't been following discussions about the CTS book - will it also be in an electronic version Dave?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    From what I've seen, it's more often the students of the masters who have a desire to keep things "traditional". Many, if not most of the older teachers I met in Singapore were very open to cross training.

I haven't been following discussions about the CTS book - will it also be in an electronic version Dave?
    go on Amazon for the kindle version

Thanks Dave

no problem....