Thread: My trip to Tanzania (and my spear)

My trip to Tanzania (and my spear)

I just got back from digging for fossils in the world famous Olduvai Gorge in Tanzania. I won a scholarship that helped pay for a majority of the program cost. One stipulation is that I write a blog about what I did and saw. You can read the ones I've finished here. The ones I've published thus far have been about my travel to Africa. What I did will come later.

http://anapeinafrica.wordpress.com/

But the main reason I'm posting is to show off my Maasai spear. It's a thrusting spear--dull on the sides and sharper towards the tip. The Maasai use it to protect their livestock from predators. Whenever a youth kills a lion, they hang its tail from the tip as a sign of their bravery.

I'm six foot even. My nephew is a few inches shorter than me. I'm using him as a size comparison.

That's bad ass!

Congratulations on the scholarship and a cool trip to dig fossils! I look forward to reading your blog.

That all seems pretty sweet....
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBrain View Post
    That's bad ass!

Congratulations on the scholarship and a cool trip to dig fossils! I look forward to reading your blog.
    Thanks. I hope to do it again next year.