Thread: sifu Tracy Banks

Blog Entries

sifu Tracy Banks

I just received shocking news that my friend and fellow wck sifu Tracy Banks passed away a few weeks ago! Tracy and I used to speak pretty regularly over the phone after we met up in NYC a couple of times years ago. But I hadn't heard from him in a few months. He was one of the most generous wck person I ever met, and I will forever be greatful to him for his friendship and will miss him alot.

Rest in Peace my Brother.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 07-30-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    I just received shocking news that my friend and fellow wck sifu Tracy Banks passed away a few weeks ago! Tracy and I used to speak pretty regularly over the phone after we met up in NYC a couple of times years ago. But I hadn't heard from him in a few months. He was one of the most generous wck person I ever met, and I will forever be greatful to him for his friendship and will miss him alot.

RIP

life is short

Sorry to hear of the loss of another WC practitioner. May Buddha watch over your friend for you and loved ones.

Holy ****... Oh man i'm so sorry to hear about this. Tracy was a great dude. I loved training with him. He was a funny funny *******. Great sense of humor. He taught me about using double tan sao chi sao and could slice you up with his tan saos.. I learned a lot about pin sun wing chun from training with him but hadn't kept up with him in recent years since he was down in Philly... He cornered me in my fights at nationals back in the day. I'll never forget him elevating and stretching my legs between rounds and motivating me to win (& we did). He was an awesome training sifu, training partner, cornerman and friend. F#ck.... RIP Brother.

I met Tracy back around 1989. He came up from Philly and a few of us worked out with him on a Sat.. He was riding his skateboard around the school. I jumped on to try it out and landed hard haha...

I believe he enjoyed Northern Mantis and Mui's Turning Style but only met him once..

RIP Tracy
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post

Sorry to hear that Navin,,He was very nice when I met him in NYC and did some training..Call me have to discuss something with you..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..