Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Samuel Kwok Chi-sau

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    This is not the way Samuel Kwok Chi Sau

I have no idea what is happening here. But people that have trained with him, as you can see from the video, masters have chi sau with him and he does have good skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nxL17RDxg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA
    In these clips his students are demoing/cooperating with him to allow him to show some applications. In the clip in question it seems like it was more in real time with some resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Still arm wrestling slash slap boxing for the purpose of... being able to arm wrestle slash slap box your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post
    In these clips his students are demoing/cooperating with him to allow him to show some applications. In the clip in question it seems like it was more in real time with some resistance.
    One of the videos is GM Ip Ching doing chi sao with him. Its obviously you see what you want to see, say things without seeing the whole picture.

I have trained with many of his students, no one wants to get hit by him and we are all trying to hit him.

I assure you GM Ip Ching grants no quarter when you doing chi sao with him and I return from training with him in June few months back.

But hell, just go to HK or meet Samuel Kwok since he travels 10 out of 12 months. See if all the guys are just arm wrestling, slash slap boxing.
    Last edited by Shadow_warrior8; 08-23-2014 at 11:40 PM.
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Not particularly inclined to seek out that which I find unimpressive or uninteresting. Y'all have fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    One of the videos is GM Ip Ching doing chi sao with him. Its obviously you see what you want to see, say things without seeing the whole picture.

I have trained with many of his students, no one wants to get hit by him and we are all trying to hit him.

I assure you GM Ip Ching grants no quarter when you doing chi sao with him and I return from training with him in June few months back.

But hell, just go to HK or meet Samuel Kwok since he travels 10 out of 12 months. See if all the guys are just arm wrestling, slash slap boxing.
    So what is you excuse for the clip in question?

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    So we can't use this to say anything about the skill of GM Sam Kwok?
    7 times got hit in the face!

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    hahaha...crazy right!?!?! Especially for a so-called famous WC guy. The problem is actually sad...his structure and elbow positioning are first year student issues. Yet this dude has published books and DVD's and has quite a large following of his very own kool aid drinkers. His only recourse when he meets someone of higher skill is cheap pathetic shots and then retreat quickly out of range...or do what his two teachers do and grab on to their opponents wrists / forearms when the going gets tough. Pathetic.
    I just don't see how can Samuel Kwok be a WCK master with such poor demo...

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    I just don't see how can Samuel Kwok be a WCK master with such poor demo...
    This doesn't take away the fact that he has trained many people or done a good job promoting the art. How do you know you would not struggle with this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    This doesn't take away the fact that he has trained many people or done a good job promoting the art. How do you know you would not struggle with this guy?
    Yes, Samuel Kwok has trained many students, that still would not make him a WCK master with his poor skills. Just like you can't find a real chef in McDonalds even if they serve a million customers in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by kentchang View Post
    Yes, Samuel Kwok has trained many students, that still would not make him a WCK master with his poor skills. Just like you can't find a real chef in McDonalds even if they serve a million customers in the world.
    What background do you have to judge Kwok?

I feel sorry for all those "many people"... I wonder if he trained them all in his fine art of cheap-shots, wrist-grabbing, crappy elbow positioning, poor structure, zero forward pressure, and wide-open gates for all to enter(???).
    So you would fair better?

AHHHHHHH! Enough already.

I hardly ever come here anymore and when I do I see crap like this.

If you like what Sam does great!

If you don't like what he does,great!

There is no Wing Chun Chi Sao standard !

There are no wing chun police!

If you don't like it say so once and leave it be.

Haven't we already seen that just because you think what you do it the best or correct doesn't mean **** when you go against some one else that doesn't do it your way. I refer to the Philip Bayer expert who looked like total crap when in chi sao with some one that didn't buy what he was selling.

Let me guess...you must be the author of the article? Or Kwok? Or the guy he is chi sau'ing?
    No I am. I would have preferred people just read the article and leave it at that...
    Tao Te Ching
    A wise person does not argue.
    Those who argue are not wise.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    There are no wing chun police!
    The Hong Kong police department practiced Wing Chun. Wouldn't that make them the Wing Chun police.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not about his actual fighting skill, no.
    Personally I do not think you should doing chi sao like that, grabbing wrists and so forth.

I agree absolute nonsense this chi sau.

Jim