Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Samuel Kwok Chi-sau

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Its simply a drill, it build sensitivity along the "extended bridge" which allows for faster reactions while fighting with a "connected bridge".
    It is NOT a test of skill or fighting ability anymore than "clinch drills" are in Muay Thai.
    But we can show how those clinch drills directly improve and help your clinch fighting drills.....

Quote Originally Posted by slick69 View Post
    So we can't use this to say anything about the skill of GM Sam Kwok?
    Not about his actual fighting skill, no.
    Personally I do not think you should doing chi sao like that, grabbing wrists and so forth.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    But we can show how those clinch drills directly improve and help your clinch fighting drills.....
    Yep and, IMO, chi sao when done correctly ( right way, right reason, etc) can improve your ability to "stick and hit" with an "extended bridge".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BPWT.. View Post
    Sam Kwok had very poor elbow positioning, IMO, and hence the other guy was routinely able to extend his arm and hit. Kwok also had no bridge control when he was striking, so the other guy could strike him at the same time. Kwok also tried to use Pak Da, but with his Pak coming from under the other guy's arm... so the other guy simple struck him over the top. So no Yat Fook Yee in play.

Plus, Kwok's attacks were mostly cheap shots - over extended and from bad positioning. No distance control from footwork/stepping.

He was smiling and joking, but he looked uncomfortable throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    I don't think he looks great at any time. Again, look closely...the well known uber "master" of Wing chun immediately reverts to cheap shots and grabbing onto his opponents wrists and forearms when things aren't going his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    I think the other guy did a good deed by showing kwok that his structure, positioning and pressure were absent... I also applaud his patience for repeatedly enduring kwoks cheap shots.

I completely agree with the abovr posts!

What you guys think of the chi-sau? I thought Samuel kwok didn't look so great against a nobody...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was unimpressed.

So we can't use this to say anything about the skill of GM Sam Kwok?
    Not solely from a small with no context and only being used with the purpose of only trying to promote the author's own skill. Why is it only 1:30? Why is there no sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Almost A Ghost View Post
    Not solely from a small with no context and only being used with the purpose of only trying to promote the author's own skill. Why is it only 1:30? Why is there no sound?
    I am the author/nobody and it was the promote the WC Brotherhood.
    I am doing fine, no need to promote myself.
    www.wingchunbrotherhood.com
    We only only chi-saued for 1:30 so nothing more to add. Not sure what sound would give.
    Any interest in joining?
    Nick
    Tao Te Ching
    A wise person does not argue.
    Those who argue are not wise.

Video 1...... cheap shots from the big guy. Pretty bad really. Actually awful

Video 2. ..... One guy cant fight at all (helmet), Horgan is aggressive ,but boy, he is so open for a left hook its not funny

Kwok Imho Is and always will be a joke. This is garbage what his perpetrating as Chi sao. which is very low level wristy chase hands not Cog stuff .Cheap shots cause his lost face mentality.. Oh please He should stop trying to portray himself as if his Ip man the second coming .(Donnie Yen ) look a like wannabe Take off his gown put on a white Tshirt and go sort out his basic understanding of Ving Tsun Kung fu Guys like this have been getting away with this S**t for years Thank heavens we live in a age of the camera and Internet, were there's no more hiding place for these JOKERS
    Last edited by Jansingsang; 08-09-2014 at 02:02 AM.

[QUOTE=GlennR;1275177]Video 1...... cheap shots from the big guy. Pretty bad really. Actually awful

Video 2. ..... One guy cant fight at all (helmet), Horgan is aggressive ,but boy, he is so open
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    YUP agree-Sloppy wing chun-ners ae open for well timed lights out left hooks

Was only a minute, the 1st 30 secs repeats its self?? and looks as if there was going to be more then cuts off??

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    Was only a minute, the 1st 30 secs repeats its self?? and looks as if there was going to be more then cuts off??
    ----------------------------------
    A different fun chi sao:

http://youtu.be/6qDrtYnvSis

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ----------------------------------
    A different fun chi sao:

http://youtu.be/6qDrtYnvSis
    Not much different, just faster.

This is not the way Samuel Kwok Chi Sau

I have no idea what is happening here. But people that have trained with him, as you can see from the video, masters have chi sau with him and he does have good skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nxL17RDxg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_warrior8 View Post
    This is not the way Samuel Kwok Chi Sau

I have no idea what is happening here. But people that have trained with him, as you can see from the video, masters have chi sau with him and he does have good skills

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nxL17RDxg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnHlLiYmVXA
    Still arm wrestling slash slap boxing for the purpose of... being able to arm wrestle slash slap box your friends.