Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Northern California Chinese Culture Athletic Federation (NCCCAF)

Northern California Chinese Culture Athletic Federation (NCCCAF)

I thought I had a thread going on this, but it's not turning up in a cursory search. We've been posting pix from the wushu taiji tournament that's held at this event on our facebook since 2012. I just posted 55 more from last weekend's event, 2014 國際武術邀請賽 International Martial Arts and Taiji Invitational, and I'll be posting more over this week.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Northern Cali, Chinese are more tightly communicated.

San Fran China town and bay area.

In contrast, Southern Cali,
    LA, Orange County and San Diego area
    Chinese and CMA communities are spread out.

Great to know that a federation existed in No Cal and events held annually.

Wish the same for So Cal.

NCCCAF has been going for a long time

Here's their official website.

And here are 51 more photos, just uploaded to our facebook album.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More pix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Last pix for this year

34 more pix uploaded to facebook.

Now on to the next event...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our WINTER 2019 issue

READ 2018 Northern California Chinese Culture-Athletes Federation Kung Fu Invitational and Eagle Cup International Wushu Tai Chi Championship By Gigi Oh with Sue Woo in our WINTER 2019 issue. Available digitally too via Zinio.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

2019 Eagle Claw Cup Martial Arts Invitational

This is technically still under NCAAF but the title now reflects Grandmaster Lily Lau's involvement.

Eagle Claw Cup Kung Fu Tournament
    Here’s our last Kung Fu tournament of the year, (See poster for More information)
    If you can make it, please have our kids to join, the goal of participating events, is have our kids to get more experiences to be in front of people without being shy and scared.

2019 Eagle Claw Cup Martial Arts Invitational
    Venue : Location: James Logan High, 1800 H St, Union City, CA 94587
    Match time Date: Saturday, August 3, 2019, Aug. 03, 2019, Saturday, 8:00am - 6:00pm

Rules and Registration Form Rules and Registration Form

Director's introduction
    Director of the Wushu Department - Ben Zhang (Ben Zhang) has been performing in the United States in 2000. In 2003, he founded the Shaolin International Wushu Academy. In 2009, he appointed the Director of the Wushu Division of the Northern California Chinese Culture and Sports Association. He organized the Northern California International Wushu Dance Invitational Tournament every year. In 2015, he took over the International Wushu Sanshou Federation. He has actively participated in large-scale public performances for many years.

Martial arts introduction
    Martial arts is a traditional national sports that enhances physical fitness and cultivates will through the form of martial arts as a content, through routines and struggles. Martial arts has many functions such as fitness, self-defense, self-cultivation, entertainment and entertainment. It is a good means for people to enhance their physical fitness and uplift their spirit.

Routine movement:

It is a set of practice forms compiled by the martial arts movement with the changing rules of the contradiction movements such as attack and retreat, movement, and rigid and soft. It mainly includes boxing, equipment, training, and collective performance.

First, boxing: Changquan, Taijiquan, Nanquan, Xingyiquan, Baqiquan, Tongbeiquan, Xiangjiquan.
    Second, equipment; knife, sword, gun, stick.
    Third, the practice: hands-on training, equipment training, freehand and equipment to practice
    four, collective performance: is a six-person or more hands or equipment collective exercise, can change the formation and pattern and use music accompaniment, requires a uniform formation, action Coordinated.

Wrestling movement:

It is a form of confrontation practice in which two people perform their fighting skills according to certain rules under certain conditions. At present, there are three kinds of Sanda, Push Hands and Short Soldiers that are gradually being developed in the martial arts competition.

1. Sanda: It is the competitive project in which the two people use the right to use the kick, hit, fall, and take the other to win the opponent according to certain rules.
    Second, push hands: It is the two people to abide by certain rules, using sheds, shoes, squeezing, pressing, picking, elbows and other methods, the two sides stick together, through the muscles to judge the strength of both sides, and then use the strength to The other side launched, in order to determine the winning and losing sports.

Short soldier:

They are holding a short rod-like device made of rattan, leather, cotton, and in a circular field of 16-meter-diameter diameter, using sputum, chopping, thorn, smashing, spotting, smashing, etc. according to certain rules. The method is to carry out the competitive project.

OCT+NOV 1996
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Anyone else attending tomorrow?

Hope to see some KFM forum members there, as always. I'm told that the special guest will be THE BEAST.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Nice gathering

Learning kung fu can help kick bad habits
    Xinhua | Updated: 2019-08-06 08:13

[Photo/Xinhua]

Source: Xinhua| 2019-08-04 18:29:38|Editor: mingmei
    by Xinhua writer Ye Zaiqi

SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 3 (Xinhua) -- Learning Chinese Kung Fu (martial arts) can help kids develop more meaningful habits by diminishing their addiction to modern electronics devices, a Chinese Kung Fu super star said Saturday.

"Practicing Chinese Kung Fu not only gives you the ability to learn the combat skills and techniques that make you feel safer, but also keeps you healthier physically and mentally," Bruce Leung Siu-lung, a famous Kung Fu super star who appeared in many Hong Kong martial arts movies throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

Leung, who was in the Bay Area to attend the Eagle Claw Cup International Wushu (Kung Fu) Invitational Tournament held in Union City, expressed concern about mobile phone addiction by young people. He says they spend too much time in the cyber world, leaving them lost in real life.

"There are a lot of children who are spoiled by their parents and lack independence in real life, and some of them can hardly face setbacks and even commit suicide," he said.

Leung said he was happy to see many foreign people practicing Kung Fu in China, some of whom speak Chinese fluently. "This indicates they are devoting their enthusiasm and energy to Chinese traditional culture."

"Chinese Kung Fu is more than a matter of skills and techniques. It is full of profound Chinese philosophy and core values, which focus on the spirit of love, kindness, tolerance, perseverance and strong will," said the 71-year-old star, who retired from acting in the late 1980s, but returned to the screen in Kung Fu Hustle.

Leung said he was encouraged to see that Kung Fu heritage becoming more popular in the United States, reflected by the large number of Kung Fu fans at the Union City tournament.

More than 400 athletes competed on Saturday.

Jennifer Dvorak, an employee with a tech company in San Francisco, told Xinhua that she had practiced Kung Fu for about two years at the Lily Lau Eagle Claw Kung Fu School in Millbrae, about 25 km south of San Francisco.

"I got to sweat out all of the negative stuff and just train really hard. That's a good feeling," she said.

Dvorak, who moved from North Dakota to San Francisco, said she found it interesting to learn more about traditional Kung Fu.

"It's interesting to learn about the values in the culture and the philosophy behind it and the history that is passed down from my master's father and seven more generations before that," she added, referring to the family of Grandmaster Lily Lau, the eighth generation Grandmaster of Eagle Claw Chinese martial arts.

"Practicing Kung Fu is good for your health, keeping you in shape and healthy both physically and mentally," she said, noting that it is a good way to learn to "clear your mind."

"To learn Kung Fu is also very empowering, especially as a woman to feel like I could hopefully defend myself if I were under attack," Dvorak explained.

Michael Hammond, a visual art worker and part-time instructor at a Kung Fu school in Washington D.C., said he had practiced martial arts for more than 16 years and was inspired by Bruce Lee movies.

"Chinese Kung Fu is something you can practice for your whole life. It's very rewarding. You know, I'm never bored and I'm always learning new things," he said.

He also expressed worries that people nowadays have become less active and energetic as a result of modern life, something that Kung Fu can change.

"The modern conveniences make people a little bit more lazy," he said.
    Leung Siu-lung was cool. More pix to come...

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

pix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Still a lot more pix to come...

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Still more pix to come

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

pix

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

the last of my pix for this year...

I just added 48 pix to our North California Chinese Culture-Athletic Federation Championship facebook album.

This concludes my run of pix for NCCCAF 2019.

But there's more!

Gigi shot pix for part two of NCCCAF 2019 - not the 'Eagle Cup' (external) divisions, but the internal divisions that happened the following week. I'll be dropping those here this week.

So many pix this year. They got lucky. Both Gigi and I were trigger happy with our cameras.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips