Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northern California Chinese Culture Athletic Federation (NCCCAF)

Sing Tao Coverage

「握手未來 共濟共贏」華體會運動會盛大舉行
    2019年08月11日 05:58 灣區「握手未來 共濟共贏」華體會運動會盛大舉行

太極表演。記者彭詩喬攝

王東華向華體會頒發賀狀。左起:李競芬、王東華、池洪湖、林青。記者彭詩喬攝

華體會體育運動大會開幕,旗手入場。記者彭詩喬攝

火炬手入場。記者彭詩喬攝

星島日報盃歡樂廣場舞大賽優勝者陽光舞蹈隊表演。記者彭詩喬攝

(本報記者彭詩喬
    聯合城報道)北加州華人文化體育協會第17屆運動大會10日在聯合城James Logan高中開幕,128個團體參加開幕式列隊入場。加州眾議員朱感生、聯合城市長Carol Dutra-Vernaci、中國駐舊金山總領館總領事王東華、副總領事鄒永紅、菲蒙市長高敘加、菲蒙市議員邵陽、聖里 安德魯市議員李國斌、加州眾議員羅達倫代表等政要出席並頒發賀狀。
    北加州華人文化體育協會永遠名譽主席池洪湖宣布運動會開幕,劉加暉、張本學、延然、董先銘、李蔚、趙慶建、 李俐、王萍、賈珍臻、周陽、劉智慧、李共榮等12名火炬手入場,點燃聖火。執行長李競芬致詞表示,運動大會 聚集了兩岸三地及北加州華人華僑參與,共同發揚奧林匹克精神。她感謝17年來參賽的運動員、裁判、義工及各 界的支持。今年華體會主題「握手未來 共濟共贏」,加入了很多新面孔、年輕人,作為「握手未來」的象徵。今年特別邀請了前聯合城市長 Mark Green作為總顧問,還邀請了James Logan高中體育教練參與,讓更多美國朋友加入。
    總領事王東華感謝華體會的辛勤努力,稱讚華體會成立17年來,依託灣區僑界,堅定執行辦會宗旨,逐漸發展成 為一個凝聚兩岸三地廣大華僑華人的規模較大且具有專業水平的,有吸引力的海外體育組織,體育運動大會也成為 灣區華僑華人健體強身、切磋技藝的盛會,為僑界增強交流,促進團結,強化凝聚力,為同美國朋友的交流合作搭 建了平台。
    王東華對華體會提出四點希望:第一,希望華體會繼續秉承辦會初心,堅定地秉持民族大義,繼續高舉反獨促統的 旗幟,把維護一個中國,促進兩岸和平統一作為最大公約數來凝聚團結灣區乃至北加州的華僑華人,形成更大的反 獨促統的合力;第二,希望華體會全力促進中美友好,發揮特殊的特點,提供好現有的平台,進一步增強同美國朋 友的交流合作,講好中國故事,促進美國朋友更加全面更加客觀地了解中國,共同為中美關係健康發展注入更多正 能量,帶來更多活力;第三,希望華體會重視自身建設,繼續突出公益性,完善內部管理,不斷增強與僑界互動, 吸引更多有生力量加入,進一步增強吸引力和內生動力;第四,希望華體會始終堅持與時俱進,積極適應和順應新 形勢新要求,不斷豐富工作內容,進一步弘揚中華民族積極向上的精神。
    8月10日舉辦的主要比賽包括華體會盃田徑錦標賽、親子活動、太極邀請賽、草地排球錦標賽、拔河錦標賽等。 美西星島日報贊助舉辦「星島日報盃少兒足球錦標賽」和「星島日報盃歡樂廣場舞」初賽。少兒足球錦標賽吸引眾 多青少年參與,當天決出四個年齡組冠軍亞季軍。
    歡樂廣場舞比賽決出7支優勝隊伍進入決賽,將於8月31日在星島日報中秋節活動上同台競技。
    華體會還將於9月舉辦乒乓球錦標賽、射箭錦標賽、射擊錦標賽等一系列賽事與活動。
    googtrans
    Bay Area
    "Handshake in the future, mutual benefit and win-win", the Chinese Games will be held in grand
    Bay Area , 08:58, August 11, 2019 "Handshake in the future, mutual benefit and win-win", the Chinese Games will be held in grand

Tai Chi performance. Reporter Peng Shiqiao

Wang Donghua presented a congratulatory letter to the Chinese experience. From left: Li Jingfen, Wang Donghua, Chi Honghu, Lin Qing. Reporter Peng Shiqiao

The Chinese Sports Conference was opened and the standard bearers entered. Reporter Peng Shiqiao

The torchbearer entered. Reporter Peng Shiqiao

The Sing Tao Daily Cup Happy Square Dance Contest winner Sunshine Dance Team performed. Reporter Peng Shiqiao

(Reporter Peng Shiqiao,
    United City Report) The 17th Sports Conference of the Northern California Chinese Culture and Sports Association opened on the 10th in the Union City James Logan High School. 128 groups participated in the opening ceremony and entered the stadium. California Senator Zhu Yinsheng, United City Mayor Carol Dutra-Vernaci, Chinese Consul General in Consulate General in San Francisco, Wang Donghua, Deputy Consul General Zou Yonghong, Feimeng Mayor Gao Xujia, Feimeng City Councilor Shao Yang, St. Andrew's City Councilor Li Guobin, California Rep. Rodalen, the representative, waited for the politician to attend and present a congratulatory message.
    The Honorary President of the Northern California Chinese Culture and Sports Association, Chi Honghu, announced the opening of the Games. 12 torchbearers including Liu Jiahui, Zhang Benxue, Yan Ran, Dong Xianming, Li Wei, Zhao Qingjian, Li Wei, Wang Ping, Jia Zhenyu, Zhou Yang, Liu Zhihui and Li Gongrong entered the stadium. Ignite the flame. Executive Director Li Jingfen delivered a speech saying that the sports conference gathered in the three places of the Taiwan Strait and the overseas Chinese of Northern California to participate in the Olympic spirit. She is grateful to the athletes, referees, volunteers and supporters who have participated in the competition for 17 years. This year's Chinese theme, "Handshake for the Future and Mutual Benefit," has added many new faces and young people as a symbol of "shaking the future." This year, the former United City Mayor Mark Green was invited as the general counsel, and James Logan High School Sports Coach was invited to participate, so that more American friends can join.
    Consul General Wang Donghua thanked the Chinese people for their hard work and praised the establishment of the Chinese Sports Association for 17 years. Based on the overseas Chinese community in the Bay Area, the Bank strictly strengthened the purpose of the Executive Committee and gradually developed into a large-scale and professional level of the vast number of overseas Chinese and Chinese in the three places. Attractive overseas sports organizations and sports conferences have also become a grand event for overseas Chinese in the Bay Area to strengthen their physical fitness and exchange skills. They have enhanced exchanges, promoted unity and strengthened cohesiveness for the overseas Chinese community, and built a platform for exchanges and cooperation with American friends.
    Wang Donghua put forward four hopes for the Chinese experience: First, I hope that the Chinese Sports Association will continue to uphold the initial intention of the organization, firmly uphold the national significance, continue to hold high the banner of anti-independence and promote the reunification, and safeguard the one China and promote cross-strait peaceful reunification as the greatest common denominator. To unite the overseas Chinese in Unity Bay Area and even Northern California, and form a greater synergy between anti-independence and independence. Second, I hope that the Chinese Association will fully promote Sino-US friendship, give play to its special characteristics, and provide a good platform to further enhance the United States. Friends exchanges and cooperation, tells Chinese stories well, promotes American friends to understand China more comprehensively and objectively, and injects more positive energy and more vitality for the healthy development of Sino-US relations. Third, I hope that Chinese people will pay attention to their own construction. Continue to highlight public welfare, improve internal management, continuously enhance interaction with the overseas Chinese community, attract more living forces to join, and further enhance the attractiveness and endogenous motivation. Fourth, I hope that the Chinese experience will always adhere to the times, actively adapt to and adapt to the new situation. New requirements, constantly enriching the work content, and further promoting the positive spirit of the Chinese nation.
    The main competitions held on August 10th included the China Sports Cup Championships, parent-child activities, Tai Chi Invitational Tournament, Grass Volleyball Championships, and the tug-of-war championships. The US West Star Island Daily sponsored the "Sing Tao Daily Cup Children's Football Championship" and the "Sing Tao Daily Cup Happy Square Dance" preliminary competition. The Children's Football Championship attracted many young people to participate, and decided to win the third runner-up in the four age groups.
    The Happy Square Dance Competition decided to enter the finals with 7 winners and will compete on the same stage at the Sing Tao Daily Mid-Autumn Festival on August 31.
    The Chinese Sports Association will also host a series of events and events such as table tennis championships, archery championships and shooting championships in September.
    I'll start on Gigi's pix next. She was at the Tai Chi portion, which was held on Aug 10, the week following the Eagle Cup that I was at.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

NCCCAF Tai Chi Tournament pix

I just added 51 pix to our North California Chinese Culture-Athletic Federation Championship facebook album. These are pix taken by Gigi Oh, our publisher emeritus, of the NCCCAF Tai Chi Tournament August 10 2019 (the following weekend from the pix that I took and posted above). NCCCAF has two CMA events, an external and internal one, separated by a week in between.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

2nd to last batch of pix

I just added 67 pix to our North California Chinese Culture-Athletic Federation Championship facebook album. These are more of the pix taken by Gigi of the NCCCAF Tai Chi Tournament.

Just one more batch of Gigi's pix from an associated after party to post later this week.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Final 2019 pix

These pix are actually peripheral to the NCCCAF tournament. This was the Summer Charity Gala, held at Newark Saigon Seafood Harbor on August 11 2019. Many of the NCCCAF VIPs attended, including Gigi. I posted 14 pix to our Banquets & Dim Sum album.

Watch for a full report on the 2019 NCCCAF in our upcoming WINTER 2020 issue. Subscribe now.

As a footnote, I just realized that we have two NCCCAF facebook albums: our recent one which covers 2018-2019 and one from 2012-2015. I've been trying to figure out how to merge them - that used to be an easy button on facebook but not anymore. I can't find that button. Oh well. Maybe next year.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Winter 2020

The 2019 Northern California Chinese Culture-Athletic Federation Martial Arts Championship
    By Gene Ching with Gigi Oh

WINTER 2020
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Eagle Claw Cup, August 10, 2024, Sequoia High School?

I heard this will be the 2024 date, but I cannot confirm it. The NCCCAF website only lists last year at this posting. If anyone finds confirmation, please share it here.

2023 NCCCAF Five Branches University Eagle Claw Cup International Kung Fu Championship 加州五系中醫藥大學鷹爪杯國際武術邀請賽
    比賽地點

1201 Brewster Ave, Redwood City, CA 94062
    比賽時間
    Date: 2023年7月29日, 星期六
    July 29, 2023, Saturday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
    If it is Aug 10, I'm out. That's the weekend of Outside Lands, which I'm dedicated to working for again like I have for several years running now.

I missed last year because I was still recovering from SDCC.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips