Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EXPEND4BLES (Expendables 4)

EXPEND4BLES (Expendables 4)

Might as well get this thread started now. Jackie would be fun.

Stallone Says Jackie Chan is a Priority for THE EXPENDABLES 4
    Louis Love
    August 11, 2014

The Expendables 3 is set to open in theaters on August 13th. Just like the last two action epics the film hosts some of the biggest action stars in history. Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham, Harrison Ford and Jet Li to name just a few. Rumors were even circulating that legendary martial artist and actor Jackie Chan had a part in the movie but was unable to participate.

Last Saturday, Lionsgate hosted a press conference for the movie and a reporter asked Stallone if he planned on continuing to add Asian actors to the cast in future Expendables sequels. Stallone replied by saying “YES!” and that he really wanted Jackie Chan to be a part of the third film’s cast, but unfortunately, Chan’s schedule was so booked that he did not have as few as three days open in his schedule to do any filming. Stallone added that he will try his best to have him on board for the next film.

About the movie:

Barney augments his team with new blood for a personal battle: to take down Conrad Stonebanks, the Expendables co-founder and notorious arms trader who is hell bent on wiping out Barney and every single one of his associates.

“The Expendables 3″ opens nationwide on August 13th. The film stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, Kelsey Grammer, Glen Powell, Antonio Banderas, Victor Ortiz, Ronda Rousey, Kellan Lutz, Jet Li, Ivan Kostadinov, Robert Davi, Nikolav Stoyanov Ilchey, Daniel Angelov, Slavi Slavov, Dimiter Doichinov, Nikolay Stanoev, Harry Anichkin, Boswell Maloka, Natalie Burn, Velizar Binev, Sarai Givaty, Liubomir Simeonov, Frank Pesce and Thomas Canestraro. Sylvester Stallone, Creighton Rothenberger and Katrin Benedikt wrote the screenplay from a story by Sylvester Stallone, which is based on characters created by David Callaham. Patrick Hughes directs.
    Expendables
    Expendables 2
    Expendables 3
    ExpendaBelles
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Justin Beiber

I can hardly believe I'm saying this but if the Biebs joined, that would rekindle my interest in the franchise, just to see where they would go with it.

Gearing up for ‘The Expendables 4′: Justin Bieber, Jackie Chan to Join the Cast?
    Posted by: Mehdi Khomein Abadi Posted date: August 31, 2014 In: World

On the heels of the recent August 15 release of The Expendables 3, it seems that writer and actor Sylvester Stallone is keen to do a fourth film. Rumors and speculation are already circulating the Internet about who will join the large ensemble cast for The Expendables 4, with several sources suggesting that pop music star Justin Bieber may be slated for a role. Jackie Chan has been talking about appearing as well, after being asked to join the cast previously but turning down the part.

The Expendables franchise features an ensemble of famous action stars such as Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Terry Crews, and Sylvester Stallone himself, who wrote the films. Other legendary actors such as Mel Gibson, Harrison Ford, Wesley Snipes, and Jean-Claude Van Damme have joined the cast in subsequent movies. The story features a team of hardened mercenaries as they travel the world fighting baddies, engaging in gun battles, and causing untold amounts of property damage.

The baby-faced pop star Justin Bieber may seem like an odd choice to join the cast of muscle-bound action stars, but Stallone did not deny the possibility. He told ET Online, “Anything is possible. . . . [Bieber] might put a beating on all of us. We don’t know.” Other cast members had their doubts, however, and cracked jokes at the suggestion of the pop singer being involved.

The Expendables 3 2014

There have also been talks of recruiting Chinese martial arts star Jackie Chan for The Expendables 4, although the actor said he would only be interested in a prominent role. He stated, “I don’t want to come out for five minutes, one fighting scene and gone.” Chan then joked, “They’re all good fighters, but I believe I can run faster than [all of them].” Stallone has expressed his desire to cast Chan in previous films, but the famous martial artist politely declined.

At the premiere of The Expendables 3 in Macau, Stallone stated his interest in filming the fourth installment at locations throughout Asia. “As we go on, we will continue to add more stars, more personalities, more athletes, more individuals around the world, not just Americans,” the star and series creator told interviewers. “They’ll be from all parts of the world. Hopefully, we’ll be able to film in Asia very soon.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm always holding out hope for Don 'The Dragon' Wilson and Cynthia Rothrock finding their way into this franchise but it's probably not going to happen.

Pac Man!

As long as it's rated R.

Expendables 4 To Be Set In The Philippines Following Manny Pacquiao Joining The Cast; Vicious Rebel General To Be Role Of The Filipino Boxer?
    BY Gunther Barbosa | Nov 26, 2014 04:04 AM EST

Manny Pacquiao
    (Photo : Facebook)

It looks like new details about the upcoming Expendables 4 movie has been revealed following the news of Manny Pacquiao joining the cast.

The upcoming Expendables 4 movie would be set in the Philippines with Manny Pacquiao as one of the antagonists in the film.

In a report by Morrison Hennigan of The Movie Daily, some parts of the Expendables 4 movie would be set in the Philippines and Manny Pacquiao would play the role of a "vicious rebel general".

Youth Health Magazine previously reported that:

"During Pacquiao's match against Chris Algieri, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger went to Manny Pacquiao's locker room to wish him good luck. But someone from Manny Pacquiao's camp affirmed that something more came up, Stallone and Schwarzenegger recruited the Filipino boxer to join the cast of The Expendables 4!"

"The Filipino champ allegedly accepted the offer and the two legends left the room with smiles on their faces."

" It is also worth noting that the other cast of the Expendables are thrilled to have Pacquiao in the roster, Terry Crews once stated, "Expendables 3, [with] Manny Pacquiao, you said it right now!" during an interview with Ricky Lo."

"Jean Claude Van Damme added, "That would be wonderful.""

In other Expendables 4 news, The Rock has already expressed his interest in joining the film. However, not as a member but as a villain!

The famous WWE superstar turned actor told a fan who asked him if he's interested in an "Expendables" movie, he enthusiastically answered:

"I don't want to be on their team and be buddies with them. **** that noise. I want to hunt every single one of them down and tell them to "send your soul to heaven cause your ass is mine," hinting screenwriters how he wanted to be written in the story.

Johnson then added that he would want to keep two Expendables members, Terry Crews who'll be his "pec popping contest" opponent and Rhonda Rousey to become his "training partner."

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Better Manny than bringing Ronda Rousey back, she was so overexposed by the time EX3 happened that it made me not want to see the movie.

More rumors

It's an old post but it took several clicks to get at this source from a new post. Key point = 'Of course, the veracity of any and all Hulk Hogan claims are very much subject to doubt, but it’s still fun to follow whatever wackiness falls out of this guy’s mouth.'

Hulk Hogan Claims He’s Still Training For WrestleMania 32 And May Be In ‘The Expendables 4’
    By Nathan Birch • 05.25.15

Hulk Hogan had some fun during a recent tour of Australia, saying in a variety of interviews that he was prepping for a big WrestleMania 32 match, and even claiming that he almost fought in UFC. Of course, the veracity of any and all Hulk Hogan claims are very much subject to doubt, but it’s still fun to follow whatever wackiness falls out of this guy’s mouth.

Well, good news: Hogan traveled abroad again, and he had some more interesting things to say. During a Q&A at the Body Pro Expo in Birmingham, England, Hogan indicated that he’s up for a major bad guy role in The Expendables 4…

“Was talking on the phone with Sly [Stallone] about doing The Expendables 4. We’re trying to figure out a way to maybe turn me into the most evil man in the world. Y’know, Stallone gave me my first break and he’s been a great friend. We had a great conversation, talking about the possibilities. Can I still run, can I still jump? Well, not as fast or not as high, but I think Hollywood could find a good stunt man to help me out.”

And fate screws poor Damien Sandow yet again. Should have gone with the Hogan cosplay, brother!

He also reiterated what he’s said about WrestleMania 32, adding that Vince McMahon has given him a personal challenge to get in shape for the show…

“I’m training for it. I’ve got the indoor attendance record with Andre the Giant, 93,000 people and I talked to Vince McMahon and he’s going to break the record next year. So, I told Vince I’ve got a big problem with that, I need to be card wrestling somebody. He challenged me to get in shape for WrestleMania, so that’s what I’m doing now. I’m down to 295 now. That’s how much I weighed when I was in high school. Trying to get ready, brother.”

I’m hoping Vince issued his challenge while waving his copy of Muscle & Fitness in Hogan’s face. You can check out a fan recording of the Hogan Q&A below. It really is a masterclass on being an old worker. He keeps things pretty down-to-earth, even self-effacing. Then, when you’re ready to believe him, he slips in “Stallone totally wants me to be the lead villain in Expendables 4.” Well done, brother.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

EX4 is really going for that Asian market

Not surprising. EX3 made all it's bank abroad.

From Box Office Mojo:
    Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $39,322,544 19.1%
    + Foreign: $166,850,000 80.9%
    = Worldwide: $206,172,544
    The biggest player - China of course - nearly twice as much as the U.S. box take:
    China China Film 9/1/14 $41,240,000 56.6% $72,870,000 9/28/14
    Salman Khan to make his Hollywood debut in 'Expendables 4'
    IndiaGlitz [Thursday, November 05, 2015]

After the beauty queen Priyanka Chopra made her way with 'Quantico' other celebrities in the industry are eager to take that big step. Actors like Aamir Khan and Sonu Sood will soon be seen with Jackie Chan in the movie 'Kung Fu Yoga'. Not far behind, we have ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ star Salman Khan to be seen in 'The Expendables 4'.

Yes! You have heard it right. Rumours are that Salman Khan is the new star to join the action-packed fourth instalment in the 'Expendables' franchise. News is that Salman Khan and Sylvester Stallone have been exchanging messages in the past few weeks.

According to reports, the fourth instalment will hit the floor in 2016 and the movie will release in 2017. The movie is also said to be produced with over $100 million in budget money with a galaxy of stars in it from all across the globe. Hope to see our Sallu Bhai in it soon!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

An overview article

This might have been written by a web bot, but at least it catches us up to the story so far...

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Jackie Chan in 'Expendables' 4? [Release Date, Cast, Plot & Rumors]
    By Staff Reporter (media@latinospost.com) | First Posted: Nov 06, 2015 08:30 AM EST

Sylvester Stallone, left, Ronda Rousey, centre, and Arnold Schwarzenegger pose for photographs on the red carpet during the special screening of 'The Expendables 3' at The Venetian Macao on August 22, 2014 in Macau, Macau. (Photo : Jerome Favre/Getty Images for The Venetian Macao)

The "Expendables 4" is the only movie franchise to date which has a cast list of the biggest names in Hollywood. Any sort of "Expendables 4" news is embraced by fans, especially now that current rumors include action stars Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson and Jackie Chan.

Production of "Expendables 4" is currently underway. However, recent reports say release of the film will be in 2017, a break from the franchise's tradition of producing a film every two years.

Previous "Expendables" cast, which includes Jason Statham, Jet Li and Arnold Schwarzenegger, are all excited to return for the fourth installment. Fans are also excited to see the original team in "Expendables 4," but people also can't wait to see which new big name will be added into the action-packed cast list.

According to Master Herald, names thrown into the casting mix include Pierce Brosnan, Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao, Hulk Hogan, Jackie Chan, and most recently Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Rumors reportedly started circulating when Sylvester Stallone was seen talking to these actors in recent months. Of course, this led fans to speculate that they may have discussed "The Expendables 4" in their conversations.

By now, it's clear that Manny Pacquiao, Jackie Chan, and Pierce Brosnan are out of the picture. While Stallone indeed spoke to Jackie Chan, the Chinese actor reportedly declined since he didn't want a short cameo role.

As for The Rock, Crossmap reported that the wrestler showed his interest in a recent Reddit AMA. However, he reportedly said he would only join if he will be a villain and would get the chance to "beat every single one of them up."
    Another rumor about the "Expendables 4" cast is a Hollywood and Bollywood collaboration, specifically in the name of actor Salman Khan.

According to the Christian Post, Stallone and Khan have been seen exchanging Twitter messages praising each other's works. This began speculations that the 69-year-old "Creed" actor is considering Khan's appearance in the action film.
    Stallone could be aware of Khan's huge following in Asia, especially in India, and the pull he will have for the box-office.

"Expendables 4" is eyeing a budget of over $100 million, according to Yibada, and if that's true, it won't be surprising to find the Hollywood cast crossing continents and going to China, where they are rumored to shoot some parts.
    According to Variety, neither cast nor director have been confirmed for "Expendables 4." One thing is sure though, the 2017 film will not do away with its "all-action star formula."
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

splendid

Splendid Takes 'The Expendables 4' for German-Speaking Europe
    4:42 AM PST 12/20/2016 by Scott Roxborough

Lionsgate
    'The Expendables 3'

The German indie also nabs Nancy Meyers' 'Home Again' and Helen Mirren-starrer 'Winchester.'
    Splendid Film has picked up rights across German-speaking Europe for The Expendables 4, the final title in the action franchise starring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The tongue-in-cheek Expendables films have been good business for the Cologne-based distributor, which has released all three previous movies. The first three Expendables have earned close to $30 million in combined revenue at the German box office. The fourth and final Expendables is set for a 2018 release.

While the action franchise targets a largely male demographic, Splendid is decidedly female-focused in its acquisition for Germany of the upcoming Nancy Meyers-produced comedy Home Again, featuring Reese Witherspoon and Candice Bergen, which will bow in the country late next year.

Splendid has also nabbed German rights to Winchester, the new Spierig Brothers horror title starring Helen Mirren as the heiress to the Winchester firearms fortune who is haunted by the souls of people killed by her family's rifles. Splendid is targeting a 2018 release for Winchester.

Other new acquisitions include Antonio Banderas-starrer Stoic and crime drama Unchained, starring John Malkovich and Adrien Brody. Splendid has also picked up awards-favorite Moonlight for release in Benelux.
    Set for 2018...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Something different?

So by different, does Sly mean that Ex4 will be a rom-com?

Stallone Teases ‘Something Different’ for The Expendables 4
    BY SPENCER PERRY ON JANUARY 3, 2017

It was revealed back in October that The Expendables 4 would officially be making its way to the big screen with later reports confirming it would be the final entry in the series and would officially land in theaters in 2018. Franchise creator and star Sylvester Stallone took to his Facebook page ahead of the new year to briefly tease the film, which he will begin preparing for shortly.

“We’re going to do our best, but I think we’ve got some really great attitude going,” Stallone said. “We’ve got great ideas. I think everyone is expecting something different and we’re going to give it to them.”

The Expendables franchise features Stallone as mercenary team leader Barney Ross, with kick-ass heavyweights like Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews, Randy Couture and Arnold Schwarzenegger making up the core group. Other action stars have made their way to the franchise, including Bruce Willis, Chuck Norris, Harrison Ford, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, and Wesley Snipes.

The first film in the series proved to be a success at the box office, taking in $103 million domestically with another $171 million from foreign markets, but interest in the series began to wane in the US with The Expendables 2 bringing in $85 million and The Expendables 3 collecting just $39 million at the domestic box office. Both films, however, still saw tremendous success internationally with a foreign total of $229 million and $175 million, respectively.

Since the third film’s lackluster performance on these shores, other plans for the action franchise were being made, including an all-female spin-off film titled The ExpendaBelles and even transitioning the films into a television event series, but with the fourth feature now in development, it remains to be seen if either of those projects will see the light of day.

What are you hoping to see in The Expendables 4?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Exit Sly, stage left.

Sylvester Stallone Departs ‘The Expendables’ Franchise
    by Mike Fleming Jr
    March 31, 2017 1:33pm

REX/Shutterstock

EXCLUSIVE: In a crushing blow to fans of The Expendables, Sylvester Stallone has washed his hands of the franchise. He has withdrawn from taking part in the fourth installment, even though, sources said, it would have meant the biggest upfront payday in his career at north of $20 million. The reason? He and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner could not find common ground on a new director, on the script and on certain qualitative elements of the film. That went right down to the selection of the CGI house to handle visual effects. The franchise has used Lerner’s own VFX house, Nu Boyana in Bulgaria.

Sources said that Stallone — who set a high bar for himself reprising Rocky Balboa with Michael B Jordan and director Ryan Coogler in Creed — was concerned about potentially underwhelming results of another franchise with which he is indelibly linked. Stallone wrote the first script with Dave Callaham, co-wrote all the sequels, and directed the first film. But knowledgeable sources said that Expendables team leader Barney Ross has led his last mission.

One who knows the dynamic of the long Stallone-Lerner relationship suggested they often disagree and eventually work it out over a couple of cigars, but it doesn’t sound like that’s going to happen this time. Lerner acknowledged the differences he has had with Stallone, but wasn’t willing to concede a divorce just yet. “We’ve got disagreements with Sly, but we’ve had them for over a year and a half,” he told Deadline. “Right now, each one has an opinion. We agreed on 95% of things, but there are certain things in production we don’t agree on. I don’t think it’s over, but write whatever you want. In my opinion, it’s not dead.”

It is unclear how Stallone’s exit impacts the film or its beefcake action hero cast. The last film co-starred action stalwarts Jason Statham, Harrison Ford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture, Terry Crews, and added Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes and Ronda Rousey. Stallone has no shortage of films he can do, and he’s looking to team on something with Jackie Chan, I hear.
    Sly and Jackie were already in a film together. Who can forget Trio?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This franchise would've died without China...

...#4 is a ****nym for death in Chinese. What installment four needs is Donnie.

Arnold Schwarzenegger won't appear in Expendables 4 without Stallone
    CLARK COLLIS@CLARKCOLLIS
    POSTED ON APRIL 5, 2017 AT 9:00AM EDT

PAUL DRINKWATER/NBC

Arnold Schwarzenegger tells EW that he will not appear in The Expendables 4 without Sylvester Stallone, who has reportedly departed from the action sequel. “There is no Expendables without Sly,” says the Terminator star. “I would never do the movie without him, no.”

Last Friday, Stallone’s rep confirmed to EW that the actor had withdrawn from the fourth installment of the action franchise because he and Nu Image/Millennium chief Avi Lerner could not find common ground on a new director, on the script, and on certain qualitative elements of the film. In addition to playing mercenary leader Barney Ross in the Expendables series, Stallone also cowrote the first three films and directed 2010’s franchise-inaugurating The Expendables.

Schwarzenegger himself played the character of Trench in the first three Expendables films but explains that he knows few details about the proposed fourth movie in the franchise. “I have not seen the script; I don’t even know if there is a script, even though they want to shoot in August again, like they usually do,” says the actor.

Even if Stallone returns to the project, Schwarzenegger insists that he will not appear in a fourth film unless he felt that his character was properly developed, something which he believes did not happen on 2014’s The Expendables 3.

“You know, I think the first and second one were terrific,” he said. “But, the third one, I thought my part was not written well. It was also not playing well in the movie, as far as I was concerned. Maybe other people believed differently. But I didn’t believe that I had any value in the movie. I love the franchise, by the way. I think it’s a spectacular franchise, The Expendables. I think that Sly has good ideas, what he wants to do with it, and I think if they write a really good script [in] which my part is very well-developed, I would do it. If not, then I won’t do it.”

Schwarzenegger’s new film, Aftermath, is released in theaters and on VOD this Friday. Watch the film’s trailer above.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Terry Crews testifies before Senate

What fascinates me about the Crews case is that he's the last person you'd think of as a victim. That really speaks to the pervasiveness of the problem.

Terry Crews says he was asked to withdraw sexual assault lawsuit to stay in 'Expendables'
    The Associated Press Published 10:16 p.m. ET June 26, 2018 | Updated 8:37 a.m. ET June 27, 2018

Actor Terry Crews testifies before Senate, says a film producer said he could only return to the "Expendables" franchise if he dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against a Hollywood agent. (June 27) AP

(Photo: Taylor Jewell/Invision/AP)

Terry Crews says a film producer said he could only return to the "Expendables" franchise if he dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against a Hollywood agent. The actor said it was an example of how "abusers protect abusers," according to The Associated Press.

The actor and former football player made the allegation Tuesday at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the Sexual Assault Survivor Bill of Rights, which establishes rights for survivors of sexual assault.

Crews, who last year accused William Morris Endeavor talent agent Adam Venit of groping him at a party, was asked if there had been any retaliation for making the sexual assault allegation.

He said "Expendables" producer Avi Lerner asked that the actor drop his case in order to appear in the fourth installment of the action film and warned of "troubles" if it wasn't dropped. Crews has been in each of the previous films.

View image on Twitter

The Hill

@thehill
    Terry Crews opens up about his experience with sexual assault in Senate testimony http://hill.cm/ZDOJhnZ

9:01 AM - Jun 26, 2018
    1,249 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    "Abusers protect abusers — and this is one thing I had to decide, whether I was going to draw the line on. Am I going to be a part of this or am I gonna take a stand, and there are projects I had to turn down," he said.

An email seeking comment from Lerner's Millennium Films was not immediately returned Tuesday afternoon.

Millennium Films is being sued for sexual harassment and gender discrimination by a former employee.

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office decided in March not to file charges against Venit, determining the allegations were not a felony. Crews has also filed a lawsuit against Venit.
    THREADS
    Expendables 4
    An Open Secret: Hollywood
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2021

‘The Expendables’ Returning For Lionsgate With Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Megan Fox & More

By Anthony D'Alessandro
    Editorial Director/Box Office Editor

@AwardsTony

August 30, 2021 9:09am

Everett
    Lionsgate and Millennium Media have a new Expendables movie in the works.

Coming back together for the elite mercenaries feature are franchise stars Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Randy Couture and Sylvester Stallone, who will all reprise their roles as Lee Christmas, Gunner Jensen, Toll Road, and Barney Ross respectively. In addition, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Megan Fox, and Tony Jaa are joining in this fourthquel.

Lionsgate will release the pic in US, Canada, and the UK. Through three movies, the Expendables series has grossed $804M at the global box office.

The film will begin production this fall and is being directed by Scott Waugh from a screenplay by Spenser Cohen with revisions by Max Adams and John Joseph Connolly.

The new Expendables installment is produced by Statham, Kevin King Templeton, and Les Weldon Yariv Lerner, Jeffrey Greenstein, and Jonathan Yunger on behalf of Millennium Media. EPs for Millennium Media are Avi Lerner, Boaz Davidson and Trevor Short with Christa Campbell and Lati Grobman on behalf of Campbell Grobman Films. Co-Producer is Abby Mills. Eda Kowan and Jonah Leach will oversee the film for Lionsgate.
    Here we go again...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sly signing off

Expended...
    Sylvester Stallone Announces Exit From ‘Expendables’ Franchise As He Wraps Production On Fourth Installment
    By Matt Grobar
    Associate Editor/Nights & Weekends

October 18, 2021 1:45pm

Lionsgate/Courtesy Everett Collection
    Sylvester Stallone has confirmed that he is “moving on” from The Expendables after 12 years with the Lionsgate action film franchise.

He made the announcement last week in a video published to Instagram, which saw him walking around the set of The Expendables 4 on his final day of shooting.

Stallone called the decision to exit the series he helped launch “bittersweet,” though he said that he is “ready to pass the baton on” to co-star Jason Statham “and his capable hands.”

The three-time Oscar nominee later reflected on the “heart, energy and humor” he’s looked to bring all of his projects including those in the Expendables franchise. “The greatest thing is being able to provide films [and] entertainment [where] maybe there’s a little message in there, because what I try to convey in my successful films is the human touch,” Stallone said. “Not so much the action; the action is self-evident. But it’s just relating to the audience in a way that they can identify with whatever the mission is, with the characters at hand.”

Stallone closed out his message by saying he’s “getting ready to accept the next challenge,” and while he’s currently attached to Rowan Athale’s sci-fi pic Little America and Julius Avery’s action drama Samaritan, it wasn’t clear which specific challenge he was referring to.

In The Expendables 4, Stallone reprises his role as Barney Ross, leader of the group of elite mercenaries that gives the franchise its name—traveling the world to carry out missions of all kinds, ranging from assassination to rescue. Scott Waugh is directing the fourth installment, which will see the return of Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Randy Couture, along with the addition of new characters played by Megan Fox, Andy Garcia, 50 Cent and others. Statham portrays Ross’ second-in-command Lee Christmas, and will presumably lead future installments.

Stallone directed the first Expendables film and has a writing credit on the first three movies the franchise, which has grossed more than $800 million worldwide to date.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips