Thread: The Four 3

The Four 3

The Four

I can't seem to find a thread on The Four 2. I could have sworn there was one as I have a memory (perhaps false) of making some comment about how The Four 2 was a funky title. Unfortunately, 'four' is an unsearchable term for our wonderful forum database.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Found it!

The Four 2. Had to search 'yifei'. And I guess I didn't make that comment out loud.

I do think The Four 2 & The Four 3 are funky film titles.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Four finale

Man, now I gotta see Four 2. Four 1 is on Netflix. Maybe Four 2 will make it there soon.

The Four finale tops China box office
    By Kevin Ma
    Tue, 26 August 2014, 10:00 AM (HKT)
    Box Office News

Beijing Enlight Pictures Co Ltd 北京光線影業有限公司's second sequel to period martial arts fantasy The Four 四大名捕 (2012) secured the series' best opening.

Released in 3-D, The Four: Final Battle 四大名捕 大結局 made RMB100 million (US$16.3 million) from approximately 2.70 million admission in three days. The Gordon CHAN 陳嘉上 film accounted for approximately 28.0% of all screenings over the weekend.

Last December, The Four II 四大名捕Ⅱ, also in 3-D, made RMB88.9 million (US$14.4 million) in its first three days, ending its theatrical run with RMB174 million (US$28.2 million). The series' second and third film were shot back-to-back.

Hong Kong comedy Temporary Family 失戀急讓 opened in third place, making RMB38.7 million (US$6.29 million) from approximately 1.20 million admissions. After four days, the Edko film has made RMB52.6 million (US$8.56 million). The Vincci CHEUK 卓韻芝 film represented approximately 18.8% of screenings.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 dropped to second place, making RMB67.6 million (US$11.0 million) drink its second weekend. After 11 days, the Dreamworks production has made RMB313 million (US$51.0 million) and is expected to overtake Despicable Me 2 as this year's highest grossing animated film in China.

French/Belgian 3-D animated film Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants Minuscule: La vallée des fourmis perdues opened in fifth place, making RMB10.8 million (US$1.76 million) from approximately 323,000 admissions in three days.

In Hong Kong, Temporary Family was the top film. From 43 locations, the Edko comedy – starring Nick CHEUNG 張家輝, Sammi CHENG 鄭秀文 and Angelababy 楊穎 – made HK$7.26 million (US$936,000) in its first four days.

Temporary's opening represents one of the biggest yet for an Edko Cantonese-language production. In December, Alan YUEN 袁錦麟's Firestorm 風暴 opened with HK$8.14 million (US$1.05 million) and made a total of HK$24.4 million (US$3.15 million). In Nov 2012, Cold War 寒戰 (2012) made HK$12.5 million (US$1.61 million) in its opening weekend for a total of HK$42.7 million (US$5.5 million).

In its second weekend, Taiwan romantic comedy Café. Waiting. Love 等一個人咖啡 – also distributed by Edko in Hong Kong – took a small drop with HK$3.44 million (US$444,000) between Thursday and Sunday. After ten days (plus early previews), the Giddens 九把刀-produced film has made HK$9.3 million (US$1.20 million).

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For opened in fifth place. Released in 2-D and 3-D, Frank MILLER and Robert RODRIGUEZ's live-action adaptation of Miller's graphic novels made HK$1.29 million (US$167,000) from 32 locations in four days.

In Jun 2005, the first Sin City opened with HK$2.01 million (US$259,000) from 26 screens for a total of HK$3.0 million (US$387,000).

After three weekends, Barbara WONG 黃真真's Girls 閨蜜 has made HK$6.65 million (US$858,000). Lawrence CHENG 鄭丹瑞's Break Up 100 分手100次 has made HK$10.4 million (US$1.34 million) after four weekends.

After its record-breaking August opening last Wednesday, Luc BESSON's Lucy continued to dominate the Taiwan box office. Between Friday and Sunday, the sci-fi fantasy thriller made NT$47.4 million (US$1.58 million) from 23 Taipei locations. After five days, it has made NT$72.9 million (US$2.43 million) in the capital.

This represents the second-biggest opening in Taipei this year, second to Transformers: Age of Extinction's NT$85.9 million (US$2.87 million) five-day opening in late June.

According to distributor UIP (Taiwan) 美商美國環球影片股份有限公司台灣分公司, Lucy has made NT$185 million (US$6.17 million) nationwide in five days. Third-party nationwide numbers are not available.

CHIANG Chin-lin 江金霖's Café. Waiting. Love had a week-on-week drop of 45% in its second weekend, making NT$8.60 (US$287,000) million from 22 Taipei locations between Friday and Sunday. After 10 days in cinemas (plus a week of early previews), the romantic comedy has made NT$37.1 million (US$1.24 million) in the capital.

Kevin CHU 朱延平's My Geeky Nerdy Buddies 大宅男 opened in third place. From 18 Taipei locations, the romantic comedy – starring singer Jam HSIAO 蕭敬騰 – made NT$5.02 million (US$168,000) in three days. Produced by Bona International Film Group Ltd 博納國際影業集團, the film is distributed locally by Warner Bros (Taiwan) Inc 美商華納兄弟公司台灣分公司.

Opening in just three locations in Taipei, YAGUCHI Shinobu 矢口史靖's Wood Job! WOOD JOB! ~神去なあなあ日常~ made NT$299,000 (US$9,960) in its first three days in the capital. South Korean erotic drama Obsessed 인간중독 | 人間中毒 made NT$281,000 (US$9,380) from four Taipei screens in its first three days.

After four weekends, Barbara Wong's Girls has made NT$32.4 million (US$1.08 million) in Taipei. It is expected to surpass the NT$34.6 million (US$1.15 million) Taipei gross of Wong's previous film The Stolen Years 被偷走的那五年.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips