Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendrick and Company tgreads all here.

Blog Entries
    Hendrik:

I'll be interested to know your opinion on "how can one not turning his body and be able to generate the maximum amount of power" by using "emei 12 zhuang" as your "power generation model".
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Hendrik:

I'll be interested to know your opinion on "how can one not turning his body and be able to generate the maximum amount of power" by using "emei 12 zhuang" as your "power generation model".

What is maximum power means?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    What is maximum power means?
    Maximum power means if you can generate 200 lb power, you don't want to generate just 150 lb power.

Maximum power means if you can generate 200 lb power, you don't want to generate just 150 lb power.

How do you generate your maximum power?

Blog Entries
    How do you generate your maximum power?
    That was my question to you. I know how to generate maximum power by using the Baji method, or by using the long fist method. Both require "body rotation". I would like to know your WC method by using the Emei 12 Zhuang. You had mentioned 7 bows before. Does 7 bows requires "body rotation"?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.

That was my question to you. I know how to generate maximum power by using the Baji method, or by using the long fist method. Both require "body rotation". I would like to know your WC method by using the Emei 12 Zhuang. You had mentioned 7 bows before. Does 7 bows requires "body rotation"?

I don't think maximum power is needed.
    High power density is the key instead of maximum power, pressure per cm sq , And low lost power transfer is a big part too.

Wck short Jin is high power density impulse with low loss power transfer. It is different to the weight lifting type of power.

For example, those who is big and strong sure have lots of muscle power.
    That doesn't mean it can transfer out to the target.

To generate power, there are muscle power , and body weight power. Depend on the situation different combination of these two are used.

Rotate is one way , there are many way such as snap, shake..drop...etc. Emei have all of these. It is called the 36 Jin.
    Seven bows is the platform to be able to support the 36 Jin generation

In the why is emei video I am using shock and snap. Every shock is propotion to my body weight, so with this type of shock Jin, one can generate half of one body weight easily. A 100lb lady will be able to throw 50lb at every strike easily without need big muscle. If that 50lb get focus into a small area, the penetration is deep due to high power density.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-22-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Maximum power definitely involves not locking your phone video camera in portrait mode.

Jim Rosalendo article on emei in WCI issue 19
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.

So Hendrick

So your Wing Chun Inch Ging is Telekineses or the force from the Star Wars movie which you can project this force with little effort or movement into the smallest density like maybe the head of a pen ?

I don't think maximum power is needed.
    High power density is the key instead of maximum power, pressure per cm sq , And low lost power transfer is a big part too.

Wck short Jin is high power density impulse with low loss power transfer. It is different to the weight lifting type of power.

For example, those who is big and strong sure have lots of muscle power.
    That doesn't mean it can transfer out to the target.

To generate power, there are muscle power , and body weight power. Depend on the situation different combination of these two are used.

Rotate is one way , there are many way such as snap, shake..drop...etc. Emei have all of these. It is called the 36 Jin.

In the why is emei video I am using shock and snap. Every shock is propotion to my body weight, so with this type of shock Jin, one can generate half of one body weight easily. A 100lb lady will be able to throw 50lb at every strike easily without need big muscle. If that 50lb get focus into a small area, the penetration is deep due to high power density.
    What good would it be if the body isn't strong enough to support? External strength is just as necessary. Why bother with esoteric training that requires high level of coordination with little result? Simple twist of the hip will enabe one to generate twice the force you describe. Why focus on lazy wishful thinking and self delusion? A boxers type of punch is much more powerful, effecient and effective and does not violate Wing Tsun principles.

Blog Entries

As you have stated in your clip, the 3 striking ranges are:

1. wrist range,
    2. elbow range,
    3. shoulder range.

My question is, in the shoulder range, if

- A spends 1 year in "short Jin" development by using Emei 12 Zhuang,
    - B spends 1 year in "long Jin" development (such as hook and uppercut).

after 1 year, who will have better result in fighting? What's your opinion on this?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 08-24-2014 at 01:04 AM.

Interesting. Who is/was you Emei sifu and how long have you been studying it?
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

@Hendrik

You have made a number of claims here that you will have to substantiate or retract:

1. Prove that Shaolin "copied" the term Zhaoyang from White Crane and didn't just happen to use the same term although completely unrelated.

2. Prove that your Wing Chun use of the term Zhaoyang was "inherited" from White Cane and not copied or just coincidentally used in the same way as in Shaolin.

3. Explain the significance and function of the Zhaoyang hand in White Crane and how it is the same in your Wing Chun, not just in name and appearance.

4. Similar to point 2. Prove your Wing Chun inherited the crossed arm technique from Emei and didn't copy or coincidentally use it in the same way as Shaolin. Not just pictures and poems. Who taught what to whom, when and where?

5. Explain the application of the crossed arm technique in Shaolin and prove how it differs from the application of it in Emei and your Wing Chun.

If you are unable to do this, you need to take back your baseless claims or admit them as only your wishful thinking.

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...g-Shan-Shaolin

My last advise for you :

It is your job to take out your sun glasses instead ask the sun to proof its true color.

You don't have to accept reality and free to choose to get wipe out by the mass. That is your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    @Hendrik

You have made a number of claims here that you will have to substantiate or retract:

1. Prove that Shaolin "copied" the term Zhaoyang from White Crane and didn't just happen to use the same term although completely unrelated.

2. Prove that your Wing Chun use of the term Zhaoyang was "inherited" from White Cane and not copied or just coincidentally used in the same way as in Shaolin.

3. Explain the significance and function of the Zhaoyang hand in White Crane and how it is the same in your Wing Chun, not just in name and appearance.

4. Similar to point 2. Prove your Wing Chun inherited the crossed arm technique from Emei and didn't copy or coincidentally use it in the same way as Shaolin. Not just pictures and poems. Who taught what to whom, when and where?

5. Explain the application of the crossed arm technique in Shaolin and prove how it differs from the application of it in Emei and your Wing Chun.

If you are unable to do this, you need to take back your baseless claims or admit them as only your wishful thinking.

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/...g-Shan-Shaolin
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-24-2014 at 07:15 AM.