Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Eagle Claw Peeps.....in Chinese

Question about person in Wu Tan Venezuela/Taiwan Vintage footage Greetings, I was lu

Greetings,

I was lurking at the rum soaked fist this morning and saw the below linked footage. When the second Shuai Chiao demo is shown @ 44:33, is the woman performing GM Lily Lau? I noticed that she is doing some Eagle Claw moves and she is doing something unusual: she is seen directing the action at one point. And I wonder if Chang Dong Sheng fell on purpose to cover her fall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNULkvRqCnM

I hope happy panda/ngokfei sees this.

mickey

I don't think that's Lily Lau. The girl (she looks like a girl to me) in the demo looks too young to be her, even in the 1970s. No disrespect meant to Lily Lau.

Hi Jimbo,

One thing is certain is that the performer did do Eagle Claw technique a couple of times. Lily Lau did spend time with Chang Dong Sheng after her father died, learning Shuai Chiao. He was her kung fu Uncle. I have seen photos of Lily Lau from the 1970's. She had that shock of black hair. Additionally, I think the segment may be a little earlier than the 1970's, given the coloring of Chang Dong Sheng's hair.

mickey

Without a doubt and

With certainty

It is Gm Lily Lau. And she is that small.

mickey

mickey,

I'm sure you're right.

I've seen Lily Lau in person, back in '99 when she had her tournament in Cupertino(?), CA. At first I thought 'the girl' in the old film wasn't her, not because of her physical size, but because of the way she moved. But looking more closely, she does move and look like a younger Lily Lau.