Thread: RIP Master James Wing Woo

RIP Master James Wing Woo

This week my family lost a great friend, a philosopher, a lover of life, a defender of truth, an independent thinker, an anatomy professor, a horse lover, a United States Navy Veteran, an actor, a boxer, a taoist, and a teacher all in one; Sifu James Wing Woo. You taught us to persevere, to have patience, and to be humble. You taught us that quality was better than quantity and that posture is your best friend, your health, and your life. And on many an occasion you illustrated the first law of physics: an object in motion stays in motion.

Sifu, with all due respect and admiration, today I wish you a safe and peaceful journey...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 3099
Size:  93.8 KB
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Sorry to hear of your loss. May Buddha watch over your friend for family and loved ones. http://jameswingwoo.net/wp-content/g...r_1990-nov.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    This week my family lost a great friend, a philosopher, a lover of life, a defender of truth, an independent thinker, an anatomy professor, a horse lover, a United States Navy Veteran, an actor, a boxer, a taoist, and a teacher all in one; Sifu James Wing Woo. You taught us to persevere, to have patience, and to be humble. You taught us that quality was better than quantity and that posture is your best friend, your health, and your life. And on many an occasion you illustrated the first law of physics: an object in motion stays in motion.

Sifu, with all due respect and admiration, today I wish you a safe and peaceful journey...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condolences Kisu.

My condolences.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Condolences

Sorry for your loss - for our loss - brother Lhk.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Sorry to of his passing.

May he RIP.

Prayers to his family, and to his pai/men.
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima
    Pukulan Cimande Pusaka Sanders

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

James wing woo

Quote Originally Posted by lokhopkuen View Post
    this week my family lost a great friend, a philosopher, a lover of life, a defender of truth, an independent thinker, an anatomy professor, a horse lover, a united states navy veteran, an actor, a boxer, a taoist, and a teacher all in one; sifu james wing woo. You taught us to persevere, to have patience, and to be humble. You taught us that quality was better than quantity and that posture is your best friend, your health, and your life. And on many an occasion you illustrated the first law of physics: An object in motion stays in motion.

Sifu, with all due respect and admiration, today i wish you a safe and peaceful journey...

i knew him well , a true pioneer of kung fu and a very nice respectful person.

My best to all.

Ron shewmaker
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Mr. Woo created many of Ed Parker's first forms. In the end I believe Parker treated Woo poorly. Soon after almost all of Parkers first group left to continue study with Mr. Woo. LOL. One of Parkers kung fu teachers. Another was Mr. Ark Wong.

The other James H. Woo ( I believe the 2 Woo's were cousins) chased Parker out of his school. Jimmy Woo. San Soo.

Woo-parker-wong

You got things incorrect

Ed Parker's School in Pasadena was around long before James Wing Woo appeared on the scene in Southern California. Ed had established his method of teaching fighting and forms long before Woo came into this arena.

True James W Woo was at Ed parkers, James was well liked by most everyone. when he left , he opened his school in No Hollywood , and many of Ed's students followed him.

James might have been around Ark Wong's School , but as far as I know he didn't study anything from Ark Wong.

These 3 men ( James-Ed-Ark Wong) were all 3 great men that pioneered martial arts , they got it off the map. They all knew each other and they respected each other.

Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Blog Entries
    the true pioneer of Gung Fu in America is Professor Lau Bun of the American Hung Sing Kwoon. All others came after him.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by SIFU RON View Post
    You got things incorrect

Ed Parker's School in Pasadena was around long before James Wing Woo appeared on the scene in Southern California. Ed had established his method of teaching fighting and forms long before Woo came into this arena.

True James W Woo was at Ed parkers, James was well liked by most everyone. when he left , he opened his school in No Hollywood , and many of Ed's students followed him.

James might have been around Ark Wong's School , but as far as I know he didn't study anything from Ark Wong.

These 3 men ( James-Ed-Ark Wong) were all 3 great men that pioneered martial arts , they got it off the map. They all knew each other and they respected each other.

Not acording to Al Tracy. I know many disagree with Al over history. In fact he stopped selling his Mitose/Kenpo history set because he stated as close as he got he was wrong about to much. I only have tape one of that and it just does not even begin to dwelve into Mistose or Kenpo in that volume. Never seen the others. I think Al has been very honest and when he is proven inaccurate he makes amends and tried to correct spreading inaccurate information. That said, he was there. I have spoke with Al over the phone. Not about this particular topic. If you ever order from Al, prepare to wait. Possibly up to a year depending on what you buy.

Now, if James Woo or another orignal student told you different then maybe write out who said what and when and perhaps people will dig ?

Parker dumped most of Woo forms in later versions.

Two Person Set - James Lee - 1959-60

Panther Set (Book Set) - Bunji - James Woo

Five Section Punching Set - James Woo

Eighteen Section Punching Set - James Woo

Tam Tui - James Woo

2 Man Tam Tui - James Woo

Tai Chi - Yang Style - James Woo

Tiger and Crane - James Woo

I appreciate the post very much. Thank you sir.
    Bill

edit- Possible James Wing Woo set ? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rr1wWGILLg - as pointed out else where. " I was told to believe this."
    I bleive James Ibaro still teaches this set. I believe Mr. Ibaro continued to study with Mr. Woo until his death ?

Another- Tiger/Crane- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajq1rpr8YkU
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 10-30-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Before anyone jumps in with, Thats not kung fu,LOL, made up ****- Bawang, LOL, thank you for all of your insight. The story goes, JW Woo was helping Parker create forms for Kenpo . He was not creating kung fu forms for Parker. Parker had like 3 forms and wanted more to teach. Kenpo was always about application. None had many forms in the begining. As Karate goes, Kenpo suffered alot. But as usage went, they were ahead of the pack. But it started to mix then.The kung fu. Again, so the story goes. Woo taught all those guys. Another source John McSweeney.