Thread: Any Fighting Sport Suggestions ?

Any Fighting Sport Suggestions ?

I had been training Muay Thai for several months and by the moment im looking for a new fighting sport.The reasons i have quit are these :
    Felt like it lacks of take-downs
    It's kicks have no ability to drop the enemy to the ground
    Didn't feel good nor natural with the Muay Thai posture or its fixed mechanics.
    Hated the gloves i had to wear (10 oz) since they serve as a big **** shield and i wasn't able to feel my fists.

Here gyms on Bjj,Sanda,Judo,Boxing and Wrestling are present.(Also taekwondo,karate etc etc but i don't want them.)Im looking for something more realistic and not fixed.
    The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up ~ Mohammed Ali

Judo.

Have you thought this through, seriously have you? You went to a sports fight club and was upset they used gloves, had fixed posture and mechanics and wasn’t realistic and was sports focused (I take it you mean for the deadly street)…..hello its a sports club what did you expect???
    Oh wait I have it open a fight club and be like brad pitt 
    As for Thai boxing kicks not being able to drop an enemy LMAO

I have the same feeling as Frost, but I'll say it in a gentler way:

You are correct there are no "take downs" like single or double leg, but I guess you will be disappointed in other sports as well. In Judo there are no strikes, in wrestling no submissions, in BJJ no kicks, etc.

I don't think there is a better art to learn kicks. Muay Thai kicks can drop an opponent, and will destroy those without training. I think your problem is that you have only trained a few months. It takes many people much more time to develop their muay thai kicks. I'm not sure where it comes from, but there is an impression that Muay Thai's kicks are simplistic and easily learned.

Typically, you start many arts by spending time on the basic mechanics.

Somehow I don't think you will enjoy anything else.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior