This has got to be a joke.

Jean-Claude Van Damme as Napoleon?
By Caffeinated Clint on September 15, 2014@http://www.twitter.com/clintmoviehole

Albert Pyun’s done some great stuff over the years – and I say that as a fan of B-action cinema. “Kickboxer 2″ is a favourite; an underrated gem amongst the conglomerate of martial-arts flicks released in the ’90s. His “Mean Guns” with Christopher Lambert and Ice-T is also a great deal of fun. And “Cyborg”, though not a shade on the actor’s other ’80s efforts, is an effective bit of robo-biffo with Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Now comes word from a tipster ‘McClane’ that Pyun and Van Damme may reunite – and for something very un-Cyborg. Oh, indeedy.. deed.

Top B-movie directing talent Albert Pyun (‘Nemesis’, ‘Cyborg’, ‘Kickboxer 2′) is developing what could be his final movie in ‘Napoleon’.

The 61 year old Hawaiian, who unfortunately suffers from MS, has completed his script about the historic French military leader and Emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte and hopes he can lure his ‘Cyborg’ star Jean Claude Van Damme to take the lead role. Leading France into battles including the Napoleonic Wars and Peninsular War, he was defeated, after his exile to an Italian island, in the Battle of Waterloo.

At present, it’s unknown the type of budget Pyun is aiming for, but it’s well known he is a master of squeezing every last cent out of what he has available to him and his team and making his films look fifty times as much as what he originally had. It’d be a great move for Van Damme, who could certainly pull off such a role and for Pyun, if it is to be his last movie, the modern day Ed Wood, will go out in style.

Just the mere mention of Pyun reminds me I have to try and pick up a few of his classics on DVD.