Thread: Goldstruck

Goldstruck

Are Big B and Jackie Chan coming together for the first India-China film?
    Priya Gupta,TNN | Sep 16, 2014, 12.00 AM IST

We believe that we are on the cusp of signing an important strategic treaty between India and China that will open up the gates for many collaborations, including that for our cinema.

We have exclusively learnt that the first India-China film to be made, Gold Struck, is likely to feature two of the biggest legends from India and China, our very own Big B and from China, the one and only Jackie Chan. The film will also feature the extremely talented Abhay Deol with the beautiful Jacqueline Fernandez.

This will be a first-of-its-kind film, in which India and China will come together. India and China are both countries with a lot of tradition. The film Gold Struck is learnt to be a modern-day adventure story that will also deal with tradition and reincarnation.
    Woah, Jackie and Amitabh Bachchan (Big B)? I'm so in.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

More progress

Jacqueline Fernandes set to share screen with Jackie Chan, Amitabh Bachchan
    Anirban Das, Hindustan Times Mumbai, October 03, 2014
    First Published: 14:15 IST(3/10/2014) | Last Updated: 14:21 IST(3/10/2014)

While it was recently reported that Amitabh Bachchan and Jackie Chan would share screen space in an Indo-Chinese film, Jacqueline Fernandez, who is also part of the project, confirms the development.

Jacqueline Fernandes

When asked if she has signed the project, the actor says, "I am glad that I will be working with such legendary actors. The film will go on the floors in December this year. I can’t reveal more details at this moment."

An insider cites two major reasons for Jacqueline signing the film. "She was interested as soon as she knew that the project will be helmed by a popular Chinese director known for making action films. Although she will be cast opposite Abhay Deol, the fact that Bachchan and Chan are also part of it excited her."

However, when asked, Jacqueline refrained from revealing the director’s name. Sources close to the actor say that Jacqueline was signed for the project even before the release of her last hit opposite Salman Khan. "The makers were in India just before the release of Kick. They had signed her by then," adds the source.
    I confess that I've been binging on Bollywood flicks over the last month. It's a guilty pleasure. I am now of the opinion that Jackie is more interested in expanding his Indian market more than Hollywood. His style of film-making, especially his recent CZ12, feels more like a Bollywood production than a Hollywood flick.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart