Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: For Those that Would Re-Write Yong Chun History

The issue of lineage MAY be a valid one when the question of a legitimate successor is important.
    Beyond that, I have no idea WHY it would matter to anyone else.
    Truly.
    I read this and agree with it 100%:

"Tradition is the living faith of the dead; traditionalism is the dead faith of the living. Tradition lives in conversation with the past, while remembering where we are and when we are and that it is we who have to decide. Traditionalism supposes that nothing should ever be done for the first time, so all that is needed to solve any problem is to arrive at the supposedly unanimous testimony of this ****genized tradition."
    -Jaroslav Pelikan

The crucial part in this, IMO, is this part:
    "...while remembering where we are and when we are and that it is we who have to decide."

So much would be so simply if people would realize that.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    So, for anyone deciding to create a thread understand this:

Don't ask questions unless you are ok with hearing answers that you don't like and disagree with.
    When you create a thread,

1. if no one respond to your post, you will feel been ignored.
    2. people all respond to your post,

if you

- only respond to those who agree with you, people will say that you want to hear what you like to hear.
    - also respond to those who don't agree with you, people will say that you start a thread so you can argue with others.

It's a lose-lose situation no matter which direction your thread may go. When you open your window, butterfly will fly in, but mosquito will fly in too.

When someone puts up a clip and asks for comment, don't comment it. Unless your comment is

- excellent,
    - great job,
    - I love it,
    - thanks for sharing,

any other comment will be treated as criticize on his skill and you will be considered as his enemy.

Sometime to put yourself in "listen" mode can give you a much peaceful life without having to worry about your blood pressure raising.

- more opinion -> more argument
    - less opinion -> less argument
    - no opinion -> no argument
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-25-2014 at 12:54 PM.
    http://johnswang.com

More opinion -> more argument
    Less opinion -> less argument
    No opinion -> no argument

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When you create a thread,

1. if no one respond to your post, you will feel been ignored.
    2. people all respond to your post,

if you

- only respond to those who agree with you, people will say that you want to hear what you like to hear.
    - also respond to those who don't agree with you, people will say that you start a thread so you can argue with others.

It's a lose-lose situation no matter which direction your thread may go. When you open your window, butterfly will fly in, but mosquito will fly in too.

When someone puts up a clip and asks for comment, don't comment it. Unless your comment is

- excellent,
    - great job,
    - I love it,
    - thanks for sharing,

any other comment will be treated as criticize on his skill and you will be considered as his enemy.

Sometime to put yourself in "listen" mode can give you a much peaceful life without having to worry about your blood pressure raising.

- more opinion -> more argument
    - less opinion -> less argument
    - no opinion -> no argument
    1. If you start a thread, or post in a thread and nobody responds, well, that sometimes happens on the internet. It's happened to me more than once. You can't take it personally at all; it's meaningless in the scheme of life. It's just putting up thoughts. If you feel like putting something out there, all you can do is post it up. Look at it like going fishing; sometimes the fish will bite and you have a great day, and other times you don't get anything. No big deal. Sometimes if you reword the same thing in a different way at a later time, you may get responses.

2. Nobody should be expected to respond only to those who agree, or argue with those who disagree. Respond to whomever you feel inspired to. Why worry about what other people might or might not think of you? If people would respond to others as if they were actually speaking face to face with whoever they're communicating with online, things would be a lot more civil and productive.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 09-25-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Someone took notice, how this was achieved is irrelevant. Moderation is what you wanted is it not?
    Not full moderation, but i think what has been done is ideal.

He can post his whack-job ideas if he likes, but he wont as they wont get the attention he so dearly believes he deserves

Quote Originally Posted by dlcox View Post
    Weiner #2:

Get outta my sandbox and take your crappy home made action figure with you. I don't want to play with you anymore, you've got cooties!
    Sorry man. Glad your back.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Not full moderation, but i think what has been done is ideal.

He can post his whack-job ideas if he likes, but he wont as they wont get the attention he so dearly believes he deserves
    I agree. And a big thank you to Sihing and Sanjuro for listening and taking initiative to clean things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Ki View Post
    Sorry man. Glad your back.
    No worries, glad a resolution was made.

anybody that takes hendrik seriously is worse than hendrik.

do not blame the dog for eating its own vomit.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC