Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendrick and Company tgreads all here.

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    Internal or external, modern or traditional, fighting or sport; one still has to operate within sound biomechanics principles; and the ability of the body to follow complete command of the mind. The true test will always be "are these principle sound?" and "is my body capable of using these principles?"

Cheers,
    John

True, and do one have the specific process to develop the ability is the bottom line of the bottom line.

20Ch 6DFV are specific.

20ch 6dfv not only tell what you tell above and further specifically tell what and how.
    Somehow your presentation of them seems to have missed the mark in that regard.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    20ch 6dfv not only tell what you tell above and further specifically tell what and how.
    Sounds to me like a new television remote control.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    Sounds to me like a new television remote control.

And i wish he'd hit the mute button

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If you could try to provide details of how dummy practice opens meridians and which ones, rather than meeting an enquiry by throwing up your hands and blaming your poor skills of exposition and argument on the reader, you perhaps could do something to change my mind.
    Really? Personally, from reading your posts over the past few years, I don't think anyone could change your mind. Here are just a few examples why I feel that's the case:

I'm unconvinced that you have much of an idea about the dogma you are regurgitating.

I suspect I've gone a LOT further down that road than you have. I've actually studied TCM theory and practice under a HK and Taiwan certified practitioner. And yeah, I've studied MUCH more dummy than the 108. Much more than you, I suspect. If dummy practise opens meridians, mine must be like 12 lane superhighways.
    This isn't a pi$$ing contest. Guess your swolen ego just had to write your bio here in an attempt to make me feel inferior or something? Point me to a clip of your regular wooden man practise as I'm eager to see how much richer your method is.

I'm not here to propogate or advise on TCM and you sound like you can, so please share what knowledge you have about how the training on wooden men helps open 2o channels or not. Oh! I forgot. Yours are like a 12 lane superhighway. Very scientific.

I would recommend you learn something about TCM before spouting off about the alleged related effects of dummy practice.

I find amusing to be patronised by the wilfully ignorant.
    Have you actually read your own posts lately?

I have little option but to conclude that said documentation must be pretty crap if your knowledge (or lack thereof) of TCM is a reflection of it, or if you can't reproduce or paraphrase parts of it here relevant to the discussion.
    See above.

I guess my skin, tendons and bones must be uberaffected.

According to the Wu Xing:

Skin - metal - Lung/LI
    Bones - water - Kidneys/Urinary Bladder
    Tendons - wood - Liver/Gall Bladder

Am I getting warm? Or am I getting way outside your sphere of knowledge?
    Again, thanks for being just as patronising as you claim I am, if not worse.

Looking at your website and Hung Suen history claims, I would have expected a bit more Mo Duk.
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-30-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

i love the WC forum
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Are you serious?? I mean, get out of the lab and just train bloody hard on the wooden man for a few months and you will feel the changes. That's proof in itself without the math
    See but thats the thing, you train "bloody hard" on anything and you'll see results. What makes training on the wooden dummy any better than training on a resisting opponent or training in the air?

Wing Chun is about efficiency, correct? So refining your training methods to make them more efficient and cut out what isn't efficient, is just as important. You can do that without the scientific process, but you can get to that point a whole lot quicker, with it.

FWIW The kind of attitudes that hold Martial Artists back are the ones that havn't even tried the practise themselves thoroughly (or even correctly) and dismissing it on hearsay and ill mannered advice.
    Please, I'm pretty sure just about every person on this forum has used a wooden dummy extensively. No one is dismissing it, so calm down. The point is, if you're going to say: "In my experience, this has helped me, blah blah blah", then cool. If you're going to say "This definitely helps this, that, and the other thing" stating it as a fact, then its common sense that you prepare to back up your statements with some kind of evidence.

If all you want is to do is prove things with science go and employ a scientist to do it for you because I can't waste my money. And if it was all so easy to do why can't you do it for us all for free?
    The scientific method does not require a "Scientist" per se... Just a basic education...

Come round to Flystudio and link me up to a machine! Anything to help research and prove older methods imho.
    Maybe someday I'll make it out there. But the point is, if you utilize the scientific method you can at least catalog results and more intricately explain the details of your successes or failures in training. By cataloging your training, it can be compared to other methods and their gains over the same time period.

Without that, we learn nothing. We've got a million and one people who claim from personal experience this, that, and the other thing. Well, we learn nothing by accepting everyones claims at face value. Furthermore, we do ourselves and our students a grave injustice by accepting traditional training methods as the best on "Faith".

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    ...We've got a million and one people who claim from personal experience this, that, and the other thing. Well, we learn nothing by accepting everyones claims at face value. Furthermore, we do ourselves and our students a grave injustice by accepting traditional training methods as the best on "Faith".
    Now I totally agree with you here

But the point is, if you utilize the scientific method you can at least catalog results and more intricately explain the details of your successes or failures in training. By cataloging your training, it can be compared to other methods and their gains over the same time period.
    I'm not exactly going to share my journals with everyone. One reason behind my Flystudio project is to share 'some' of the things I have picked up over the years in a visual way. I'm not attempting to prove anything, or say what is 'best' or not. I'm simply sharing what I know about the way I have been taught.

See but thats the thing, you train "bloody hard" on anything and you'll see results. What makes training on the wooden dummy any better than training on a resisting opponent or training in the air?
    IMHO No you can not get the same results in the thin air as you can training on wood. That's like saying you can gain experience of interacting without interacting, fighting without fighting. Now I agree that you could learn about the process without doing it, but actually get the same results? No.
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-30-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

The issue here are

20CH and 6DFV .

such as the animation here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAyxRna_2lU

if some one do a 3 D computer graphic plot of a human motion in the 3 D space.

the trajectory of the 20CH and 6DFV of the human in motion will reveal the coverage of the motion handling. That is fun to watch and to get a good understanding.

One could even transfer the Iceman's clip into the 20CH and 6DFV animation to see it.

it is advance biomechanics and totally scientific.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-30-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Spencer,

Based on 20Ch and 6DFV

observe your body transformation or conditioning which shows in
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudi.../1/XVFkN5EiUqk

your body cant take the motion of Ice man because your cultivation on your habitual body structure and momentum handling coverage is less then Iceman's.

Your type of training is great.

however, it is like those is the Shaw's brother martial art movie story line that the traditional sifu who knows his lineage in a small village, meet with the big bad guys from the city and get beat up.

your training is un adequate to face Iceman base on 20Ch 6DFV. So there is no point to proof what is already a know.

WCK needs to evoke the 20CH 6DFV otherwise, it is going to run the same story again and again as the shaw brother movies. look around there is not surprise very rare people use WCK in mma match that tell the story isnt it?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-30-2011 at 09:38 AM.

The issue here are

20CH and 6DFV .

such as the animation here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAyxRna_2lU
    I'm sure the clip is great but it's blocked in the UK by National Geographic! Any other clips that show what you mean?

your training is un adequate to face Iceman base on 20Ch 6DFV. So there is no point to proof what is already a know.
    Fact is I aint training for competitive fights like good old Chuck did. That's not may game. But to come to your conclusion from watching one clip of me on the wooden man is a bit premature I think. And what you you mean by 'face' the Iceman??

Totally understood if you're talking of 6DFV vs 6DFV, he would kill me! But that isn't the objective of WCK is it? To over power an opponent? Force against force? So I would approach 'facing' Chuck another way...
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 03-30-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Fact is I aint training for competitive fights like good old Chuck did. That's not may game. But to come to your conclusion from watching one clip of me on te wooden man is a bit premature I think. And what you you mean by 'face' the Iceman??
    20Ch 6DVF has nothing to do with competitive or not.

It is about how much coverage one has in one's training to build up one's habit in structure and momentum.

Totally understood of you're talking of 6DFV vs 6DFV, but that isn't the objective of WCK is it? To over power an opponent? Force against force? So I would approach 'facing' Chuck another way...

Any art without the full coverage of 20Ch 6DFV means partial. Got nothing to do with over power, force against force.....etc

If fact, to not do force against force needs even advance 20Chn 6DFV cultivation.

Any art without the full coverage of 20Ch 6DFV means partial. Got nothing to do with over power, force against force.....etc

If fact, to not do force against force needs even advance 20Chn 6DFV cultivation.
    Oh. I thought you were suggesting that I couldn't stand in front of the Iceman with my wooden man set, which I agree with if you view me as a static person doing a short routine.

But you're recommending standing in front of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqRwdbDeAM

With this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s1ucajOONY

Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    I'm not exactly going to share my journals with everyone. One reason behind my Flystudio project is to share 'some' of the things I have picked up over the years in a visual way. I'm not attempting to prove anything, or say what is 'best' or not. I'm simply sharing what I know about the way I have been taught.
    Jeez, imagine if Issac Newton or Benjamin Franklin chose not to share their knowledge with anyone Why all the secrecy?

IMHO No you can not get the same results in the thin air as you can training on wood. That's like saying you can gain experience of interacting without interacting, fighting without fighting. Now I agree that you could learn about the process without doing it, but actually get the same results? No.
    Not really, working on the wooden dummy is as much "Fighting" as working in the air is. The only way you learn fighting is by fighting/sparring. The other methods are ways of training your body and reactions. But the act of fighting is how you perform in a random situation where you need to change and adapt.

I am aware of chi flow, and I am aware of meridians, but I am also aware that we have no control over them other than to disrupt them by violent means. We have no mental control over them. That would add up to internal gung fu, which I do not believe exists. Barring accident where physical injury might disrupt the actual flow of chi, everyone from birth to death will have open meridians. I also do not believe that these meridians have anything to do with martial skill. I do believe it has more to do with our overall health.
    Jackie Lee