Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendrick and Company tgreads all here.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Oh. I thought you were suggesting that I couldn't stand in front of the Iceman with my wooden man set, which I agree with if you view me as a static person doing a short routine.

But you're recommending standing in front of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqRwdbDeAM

With this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_s1ucajOONY

Seriously, I suggest you re read all my previous posts in this thread to have a clear understanding on what I am present.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I am aware of chi flow, and I am aware of meridians, but I am also aware that we have no control over them ............

20Ch 6DFV is about how to use them not how to control them.

Looking at your website and Hung Suen history claims, I would have expected a bit more Mo Duk.
    I don't have a website. I make no Hung Suen claims. I leave history to Messrs Chu, Meng, Santo and their ilk and let them bicker amongst themselves. WTF are you on about?

Is Mo Duk related to Donald? Does Mo Duk quack as furiously as you when people don't take everything he said as pearls of wisdom with way too much gravitas to be skeptical about or too obvious to ask for supporting detail about?

I'm a smarta$$. Sue me. It only really comes out on the face of dubious and unsubstantiated claims presented as axioms. Well maybe not only then, but that's a definite major trigger.

so please share what knowledge you have about how the training on wooden men helps open 2o channels or not.
    I have heard no one other than you claim that it does. I can't see how it would, short of stimulating certain acupuncture points on the arms and feet, and perhaps on the outside of the knee in some of the kicking sets. If it "opens" meridians it must act on certain points which affect qi flow through particular meridians, the exact ones as yet undisclosed.

I took some guesses on what they might be based on basic TCM theory. I doubt it could "open" all 20 channels, except maybe indirectly via the nourishing cycle, as a number of the meridians would not be directly affected by dummy practice, unless you have some secret secret sets which involve hitting the dummy arms with the point in the roof of the mouth or the spot between the anu$ and genitals. These points join two of the extra meridians, as you of course know.

If dummy practice does as you claim, it must surely be an extremely blunt instrument. Why not just go to an acupuncturist and have him insert a few needles to achieve the same affect without the hours and years of arduous effort?

I guess the bruising and trauma from the dummy might stimulate the points longer than treatment with needles, but there are clinical ways of bruising to affect that with greater precision also.

How am I doing so far?

But you claimed the inside knowledge here, not me. The burden of proof is not mine.

Getting all petulant and ad hominem when someone asks for more detail to support your claim doesn't exactly inspire confidence in that claim's validity. More indicates that the claimant doesn't really know what he's talking about. Feel free to prove me wrong. I could respect that and would apologise for my scepticism, even my smarta$$ness.

Jeez, imagine if Issac Newton or Benjamin Franklin chose not to share their knowledge with anyone
    Hardly the same thing. They had stuff worth reading, which on what has been presented to date seems unlikely in this case. As stated above, I would be happy to be proved wrong.

i love the WC forum
    Ah, you and me both
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-30-2011 at 11:55 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Seriously, I suggest you re read all my previous posts in this thread to have a clear understanding on what I am present.
    The action you suggest cannot possibly produce the stated result.
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-30-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I don't have a website. I make no Hung Suen claims. I leave history to Messrs Chu, Meng, Santo and their ilk and let them bicker amongst themselves. WTF are you on about?
    So, what's the WCAcademy link in your signature? I thought that may be your own school or something? Sorry if I misunderstood!

Is Mo Duk related to Donald?
    I actually laughed at this one! You are quite a funny guy. No point explaining it now coz I can't see through my tears of laughter!

If you had a Sifu, you would know what it is...

If dummy practice does as you claim, it must surely be an extremely blunt instrument. Why not just go to an acupuncturist and have him insert a few needles to achieve the same affect without the hours and years of arduous effort?
    I actually asked Hendrik a question first

Out of interests, and in a genuine attempt to try to contribute to your thread, would you consider this type of training useful to develop and open your channels? I have found it to help, but that's just me... Demo @ 1:05
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYstudio108?feature=mhsn
    Then asked another question

Does everyone here agree that the training itself opens certain meridians by physical 'touch' on wood? Allowing us to increase speed, power and accuracy until our skin, tendons and bones are nourished and strong?
    So all this 'I made a claim' bollox is actually quite funny, but like I said I think you're a funny guy

With respect, you sort of answered my questions for me so thank you for your level of input.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    And i wish he'd hit the mute button
    http://instantrimshot.com/

If you had a Sifu, you would know what it is...
    I have WC training under a Sifu, Rick Spain, and know what Mo Duk is (not that I see it that often on this forum, though in saying that I am throwing stones in a glasshouse).

So, what's the WCAcademy link in your signature? I thought that may be your own school or something?
    I don't own a school. I do teach at that school (my instructor's school) regularly., though these days nearly all BJJ rather than WC. It would be innacurate to suggest that the opinions presented on its website exactly match my own. Students are encouraged to think for themselves.

Then asked another question
    Ah, I thought you were making a statement (as a rhetorical question) rather than asking Hendrik a question. I hope you have learned by now that receiving a direct answer, or any real answer at all, is unlikely. AS demonstrated by this gem:

Eddie Bravo and Rogan spend much of their lives in a special herbal dimension, but still make more sense than the "20ch 6dfv" posts from the OP (a possible exception being the first chapter of Mr Bravo's "Mastering The Twister", some of the strangest MA-related writing out there, and that bar's even higher then Eddie is most of the time).

With respect, you sort of answered my questions for me so thank you for your level of input.
    Fair enough. A gracious reply. THe question actually made me think, despite the fact that IMO it was largely a mental exercise, following "logic" based on very dubious premises.

Originally Posted by GlennR
    And i wish he'd hit the mute button
    I also tip my hat to Glenn's skill at repartee.
    Last edited by anerlich; 03-31-2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Late appearance of Joe Rogan

I also tip my hat to Glenn's skill at repartee.[/QUOTE]

Shucks Andrew.... youll make me blush.

But if Joe Rogan had seen YOUR lineage Hendrick, with its 6 degress of seperation 24/7 quasi dimenionsal bable im sure he'd be amazed, im sure he'd withdraw his words......................................... not

Its people like you, that are the problem in his (and my) eyes.

Go pitch your soap box in a Hippy commune

kind of makes me glad that the lineage I follow talks in plain english and keeps things simple, I'd keep getting my vectors and channels mixed up
    If folks are worried about opening their meridians, I charge very reasonable rates for acupressure in the UK, or if you don't fancy the flight you could try Taoist meditation and exercise which is specifically designed for the purpose.
    According to what I've learned over the years with regards to internal energy, using it in a martial sense is about putting it in to the part of your body that you want to hit with (or transmiting it beyond your body if you believe it can be done) which is done through mental intent.

Ah vector...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I just noticed that he doesn't mean what he says. He's just joking
    But there could be some truth in what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    20Ch 6DFV is about how to use them not how to control them.
    Mysticism. You do not have to be a master auto mechanic in order to drive an automobile really well. You can use the channels and force vectors and not even be aware of it. It is not something you have to know in order to apply it. When you stand up and walk, they go to work for you and you are not even aware of it. Trying to understand it and claiming to understand it is just a form of mysticism that I can not purchase.
    Jackie Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Mysticism. You do not have to be a master auto mechanic in order to drive an automobile really well. You can use the channels and force vectors and not even be aware of it. It is not something you have to know in order to apply it. When you stand up and walk, they go to work for you and you are not even aware of it. Trying to understand it and claiming to understand it is just a form of mysticism that I can not purchase.
    it is not a mysticism. it is getting one out of the mysticism to be scientific and with full handling ability.

you want to know which button to push even when you operate the Iron man out fit.

six directional force, six bow, 20 channel of medirians are just a details description of momentum handling of one's body.

The minute one learn about these that minute one cross the line of no return and transform his three WCK set or turn the sets on, like turning the Iron man on. and will no longer keep off. that is the technology.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.