Thread: Unsettled Matters/Bruce Lee

Unsettled Matters/Bruce Lee

Just finished reading this book by Tom Bleeker...

Interesting read to say the very least, anyone else here checked it out.

Thoughts?

Yeah, there is really no way to substantiate most of it. However, it does make you wonder about a few things that don't fit together when you read more pro-Bruce Lee biographies.

It really doesn't matter though, it has no effect on my ability to train.

Agreed - few things that don't add up.

I found the comments from Dan Inosanto interesting in regard to The Tao of Jeet Kune Do being published.

He was not happy - don't know how much truth is in these sentiments of course.

I read it way back in the '90s. It really gave me the impression that Bleecker was a bitter, jealous man. I'm certainly not a Bruce Lee worshipper, and *it bugs the hell out of me* when people dub him "The Greatest Martial Artist Who Ever Lived". But Unsettled Matters just came across like a smear campaign...some of it plausible, and a lot of it petty B.S. I didn't need to know about BL's cryptorchidism, if he really did have it. I find it more than a bit creepy that Bleecker, who was married to Lee's widow for a time, would even know about something like that, much less put it in a book. It's obvious that Bleecker had an agenda, and IMO it had less to do with 'truth' than to drag someone's name in the mud out of some jealous spite.

I found it no better than the books that make BL out to be a some kind of demi-god.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I read it way back in the '90s. It really gave me the impression that Bleecker was a bitter, jealous man. I'm certainly not a Bruce Lee worshipper, and *it bugs the hell out of me* when people dub him "The Greatest Martial Artist Who Ever Lived". But Unsettled Matters just came across like a smear campaign...some of it plausible, and a lot of it petty B.S. I didn't need to know about BL's cryptorchidism, if he really did have it. I find it more than a bit creepy that Bleecker, who was married to Lee's widow for a time, would even know about something like that, much less put it in a book. It's obvious that Bleecker had an agenda, and IMO it had less to do with 'truth' than to drag someone's name in the mud out of some jealous spite.

I found it no better than the books that make BL out to be a some kind of demi-god.
    Yes I think your spot on...