Thread: first off, wtf did you do with my forum?????

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

first off, wtf did you do with my forum?????

secondly, break this **** down for me. imo, it's a nice demo. great demo.
    but, it's a demo and therefore limiting in it's expression of skill. right? or, am I wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xMDIy3Xic
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

The old guy has great listening and sticking skills that allow him to find the right opening to make his move. Nice to see!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    secondly, break this **** down for me. imo, it's a nice demo. great demo.
    but, it's a demo and therefore limiting in it's expression of skill. right? or, am I wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xMDIy3Xic
    He should have studied krav maga or ninjitsu.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

No limit on expression of skill at all. A Great Master of the art of Judo, no less. Thanks for posting.

That's Kyuzo Mifune, he's considered to be a 'God of Judo'. It was said that, after he attained the rank of Shodan, he was never thrown. He invented the counter kata and was a master of newaza. That clip's part of a documentary about him. He's demonstrating, like TaiChiMantis said, listening skill in that clip. Actually, he's showing a concept that's unheard of nowadays, and that's total relaxation in Randori and that's how he's able to nullify the throws. The guy actually is attacking Mifune with speed (but probably not going as hard as he can in an attack but that's not the point, because the point is they are trying to learn from Mifune how to absorb and nullify the opponent) - watch how Mifune basically absorbs and moves around the force and fulcrum of the throw. He's showing how to be an "empty jacket".

More about Mifune http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyuzo_Mifune