Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much fighting does a shaolin monk do?

i dont know what you are thinking ,but when someone calls me an @sshole then says him AND HIS FRIEND who is a great fighter want to meet me ,doesnt sound all that friendly. also i never said i need more sparring partners, never said i did.thaiboxing is enough. and i already know how to fight been doing martial arts all my life. i am trying to find out what others others who do shaolin know about shaolin monks and their fighting experience.

lets start again, the topic is(how much fighting does a shaolin monk do) not,please give me advice on sh.t i have known for 20years
    Last edited by wiz cool c; 10-24-2014 at 07:17 AM.

[QUOTE=pazman;1277875 QUOTE]

I've met and trained with several members of the forums here. No one is ever hostile. We just share our knowledge/experience, discuss, teach each other things in exchange. I know a number of other members have also met others from this message board too. It's not a strange thing to offer. It seemed to me, Wiz, that you aren't getting the kind of information you want out of your Shaolin training, by your numerous posts that seem to be complaints about not getting practical training in traditional kung fu.

And Wiz, I called you an @sshole because although the point I was making was obvious I was actually commending you on testing your stuff against one of the most common and toughest standup styles you're likely to face, which is more than what most kung fu guys do. Your smart@ss reply was childish. If you are actually 43 but autistic or something, then I apologize.
    Last edited by LFJ; 10-24-2014 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rett2 View Post
    uddhist monks teach wholesome conduct, reducing needs and expecations, living in harmony with your surroundings, and seeing things as they really are. Do fighting and arguing sound like they fit into that equation?
    yes, why wouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    yes, why wouldn't they?

What makes you think that?