Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Yoga

Kung Fu Yoga

This is what I'm talking about! But will it be as uber awesome as Kung Fu vs. Yoga? (actually that thread isn't about the incredible 1979 film, but we should hijack it so it is so, especially in light of this announcement...I guess Yao Sing sort of did that back in 2007 already).

Indian, Chinese film firms to jointly produce "Kungfu Yoga"
    By PTI | 22 Oct, 2014, 07.10PM

BEIJING: Prominent film production firms of India and China today announced their first joint venture to make a new co-production called "Kungfu Yoga" which could feature top Hollywood stars like Jackie Chan.

This is the first project to be initiated after both Governments signed an MOU on Film Co-Production in New Delhi during President Xi Jinping's visit to India last month.

The agreement between Indian firm Viacom-18 and Chinese firms Taihe and Shine World was inked on the sidelines of the Indian film festival in Xi'an, capital of north-west China's Shaanxi province, which began yesterday as part of 'Glimpses of India' festival.

"Kungfu Yoga", sounding similar to "Kungfu Panda" was expected to portray Indian and Chinese cultural content considering their strengths in Kungfu in China and Yoga in India.

Jackie China is expected to feature in the movie. It will be directed by the Hong Kong based Stanley Tong, who directed the "Stone Age Warriors".

The content, theme and the budget of the new film will be announced later, Trade Councillor of the Indian Embassy, Namgya Khampa, Counsellor told PTI here.

During Xi's visit, the agreement was signed between Ministry of Information and Broadcastings and China's State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and TV.

The agreement focuses on joint productions with joint investments and the film cooperation between the two countries.

It also confers the status of local productions in both the countries.

The agreement could help Bollywood movies to get access to the Chinese market as currently very few Indian films are shown in the theatres due to stipulation that only 34 foreign movies are allowed to be shown in China every year. Most of the quota is grabbed by Hollywood movies.

The agreement was signed on the sidelines of Xi'an film festival which is being organised all over China as part of 'Glimpses of India' festival to mark the India-China Year of Friendly Exchanges.

The Indian Film Festival is anchored in the 1st Xi'an Silk Road International Film Festival has Indian entries as well.

Apart from Xi'an, the Film Festival has been held in Beijing and Guangzhou.

It will travel to Hangzhou, Qingdao and Hong Kong in the next few months.

In Xi'an, the opening movie was Queen. Other movies being screened here include Jodha Akbar, Tare Zameen Par, Dil Chahta Hai, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara and Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Viacom is in

Viacom18 Backs India-China Co-Production Starring Jackie Chan
    5:48 AM PST 11/20/2014 by Nyay Bhushan

Getty Images
    Jackie Chan

The Viacom joint venture in India has signed a letter of intent for action comedy 'Kung-Fu Yoga'

Viacom18 Motion Pictures India is partnering with China's Taihe Entertainment Corp. and Shinework Media on Jackie Chan project Kung-Fu Yoga. Described as an action comedy, the film will star Chan and reunite him with director Stanley Tong following their earlier projects Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story and The Myth.

According to a statement from Mumbai-based Viacom18, an Indian joint venture of entertainment conglomerate Viacom, the project is considered the first under a recently signed India-China co-production treaty.

The studio said it has signed a letter of intent for the film "which gives us three months to discuss and finalize the details on the main agreement (including the casting of Indian actors)."

“Considering the government's latest step to invite Chinese investments and collaborate with a civilization as old and rich as our own, the alliance stands to offer a unique opportunity to co-create and develop strong cultural experiences and exchange of talent," said Viacom18 Motion Pictures COO Ajit Andhare.

With a variety of Chinese TV productions to its credit, Taihe's movie projects include Call for Love and Crossed Lines. Last year, Paris-based Wild Bunch and Taihe joined forces to create a Beijing-based sales and distribution company. The venture's focus includes developing Chinese talent and international sales rights and distribution for Chinese films, while combing the Wild Bunch catalog for possible remakes in China.

Read more Jackie Chan to Visit India for New Delhi’s China Film Festival

Beijing-based cultural promoter Shinework Media, which produces various programs for Chinese television, has pacted with Mike Medavoy's Phoenix Pictures for a multi-film co-production deal in 2010.

An equal joint venture between Viacom and leading Indian broadcasting and media group Network18, Viacom18's interests include television (including MTV India and VH1 India), while its film arm has produced major releases such as recent sports biopic Mary Kom.
    I'm reminded of the India section of the Myth, which to my mind was the best part of that film. The flypaper fight scene was absolutely brilliant - pure Jackie magic!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The title of this article is written in Yoda speak. Yoda Yoga.

Will return to India to film 'Kungfu Yoga': Jackie Chan
    IANS@ibnlivemovies

New Delhi: Asian cinematic icon Jackie Chan, whose latest actioner 'Dragon Blade' hits Indian screens on Friday, says he may come down to the country to shoot his new film 'Kungfu Yoga', the first project under a India-China co-production agreement signed during President Xi Jinping's visit here last September.

When Chan last visited India in 2013, he spoke to this IANS correspondent about the need for encouraging movie collaborations and cultural exchange between the two countries.

Is he pioneering something in that direction?

Asian cinematic icon Jackie Chan says he may come down to the country to shoot his new film 'Kungfu Yoga'.

"Yes, I am planning to start a new movie called 'Kungfu Yoga'. That means I will be returning to film in India. Perhaps next time you will interview me on a set," Chan, who will turn 61 next month, told IANS in an email interview from Beijing.

The star of movies like 'Police Story', 'Rush Hour' and 'The Myth', Chan will be seen in a prominent role in 'Kungfu Yoga'.

From the film's title, one believes it will be a perfect amalgamation of Chinese martial art Kungfu, and the art of Yoga, which originated in ancient India and now thrives around the world.

Chan's earlier India collaboration has been with Bollywood beauty Mallika Sherawat in his 2005 film 'The Myth'. But will his association with the Indian entertainment industry include a Bollywood film?

"I don't think about it in terms of doing a Bollywood movie, or even a Hollywood movie. The most important thing is the script. But, yes, I'm planning the new movie called 'Kungfu Yoga'. Hopefully, we will start filming in the autumn," he added.

Meanwhile, the actor, who has regaled legions of his fans across the globe with his comedic and action avatars, hopes his American-Chinese collaboration 'Dragon Blade', directed by Daniel Lee, appeals to Indian audiences with its story.

"The myth about ancient Romans lost in China is absolutely intriguing...Also, I designed the fight sequences myself and I think the audiences will love them. Last of all, the songs and music in the movie are something I'm very proud of," he said.

In 'Dragon Blade', releasing here in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu, Chan has worked with Hollywood actors John Cusack and Adrian Brody. The experience, he says, was "great".

"I enjoyed working with them and I look forward to working with more Hollywood stars in China. For many years, I acted in Hollywood films. It's exciting now that Hollywood stars are acting in Chinese films," said the actor, who defies age with his enthusiasm, passion and ability to perform daredevilry without a thought.

What keeps him going?

"Enjoy every moment of your life. Accept your own self. Be young at heart. I still go to the gym every day and run for an hour. But I never go on a diet. I believe in being 'Happy go Lucky'! That's my secret," said the action star, who worked with more than 800 extras, over 350 crew members and hundreds of horses for "Dragon Blade".

As a sexagenarian, is he choosing his roles more carefully?

"Of course, I am now 61. I would like audiences to think of me as a dramatic actor who happens to also do action. In my recent films, I've been trying to broaden my roles, including in 'Dragon Blade'."

I'm going to add the Bollywood-Kung-Fu!! thread here because if this truly comes to pass, that one will become prophesy.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Firming up

This is really where Jackie needs to go. His recent films have more Bollywood sensibilities than Hollywood.

Jackie Chan Planning to Shoot India-China Co-Production 'Kung-Fu Yoga'

Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

by Nyay Bhushan
    3/30/2015 1:34am PDT

Jackie Chan has revealed he could be heading to India later this year to shoot action comedy Kung-Fu Yoga.

The India-China co-production was first announced in 2014 as a partnership between Viacom18 Motion Pictures India and China's Taihe Entertainment Corp. and Shinework Media, and is slated to reunite Chan with director Stanley Tong following their earlier projects Rumble in the Bronx, Police Story and The Myth.

In an interview with The Hindustan Times newspaper, Chan said, "I am planning to start a new movie called Kung Fu Yoga. So, I will be returning to film it in India. Hopefully, we will start filming in autumn."

Kung-Fu Yoga is considered the first project to emerge from the India-China co-production treaty which was signed last September.

Chan has visited India before and has previously worked with Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat, who appeared in his 2005 film The Myth. His last visit in 2013 saw him launching a Chinese film festival in New Delhi which opened with Chan's Chinese Zodiac.

Chan's latest actioner Dragon Blade — co-starring John Cusack, Adrien Brody and Lin Peng — released across India over the weekend.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

One of three Sino-Indian projects

If Aamir Khan comes on board, this will be huge. I loved his performance in Dhoom 3.

Three Sino-Indian film ventures to be announced during PM’s visit
    Sutirtho Patranobis, Hindustan Times, Beijing| Updated: May 12, 2015 14:39 IST

China, the second largest movie market after the US, and India, which makes the highest number of movies in the world, are set for a tentative tango.

Coinciding with the visit of PM Narendra Modi later this week, China will announce the launch of three films with Sino-Indian themes with top bracket actors, directors and studio houses from both countries.

The announcement slated for May 14 — the day Modi lands in Xian — will also coincide with the appearance of actor Aamir Khan in Beijing to promote his film PK.

Hong Kong superstar Jackie Chan will join Khan to talk about the China-India project — Gong Fu Yu Jia or Kung Fu Yoga — he is currently working on.

It is rare for China’s State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT) to make a public announcement about projects. But in an unusually detailed statement, it said three films, “all stories of China-India friendly ties” will be launched.

“...see the launch of three films, all stories of China-India friendly ties, namely Da Tang Xuan Zang (temporary English title: Monk Xuanzang), Gong Fu Yu Jia (temporary English title: Kung Fu Yoga), and Yin Jiong Da Nao Tian Zhu (temporary English title: Lost in India)”.

The statement said at the launch, SAPPRFT officials will talk about importing and exporting films between the countries.

These moves follow the signing of the agreement on audiovisual co-production between the ministry of information and broadcasting and SAPPFRT during President Xi Jinping’s India visit.

Latest Chinese movies like Dragon Blade, The Grandmasters, Wolf Totem, and The Nightingale have been or are likely to be distributed in India soon.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'll start a thread on Da Tang Xuan Zang (Monk Xuanzang) soon.

I think this author is on to something.

How kung fu and Modi might change the future of Bollywood in China

It is Bollywood's turn now.(AP Photo/Greg Baker)
    Written by Shelly Walia @shellywalia
    11 hours ago

Bollywood has made its presence felt in several countries around the world—from Pakistan to Kenya to Canada. But the globetrotting and much-loved film industry has failed to make any meaningful impact next door.

The Chinese film industry is the second largest in the world, and till recently, India—whose film industry is worth less than half of China’s—had failed to make any inroads into that $4.8 billion market.

But after decades of separation, the film industries of the two countries seem poised to begin a journey of collaboration.

In the past eight months, the two Asian giants have committed to jointly produce three films.

There’s Kung Fu Yoga, reportedly starring martial art hero Jackie Chan and Bollywood actor Aamir Khan; Da Nao Tian Zhu (Lost in India), directed by Chinese actor Wang Baoqiang; and Da Tang Xuan Zang (Monk Xuanzang), a film about a monk who travelled to India to study Buddhism in the sixth century.

This filmy union of the two Asian countries was initiated in September 2014, when a co-production agreement between India’s information and broadcasting ministry and China’s state administration of press, publication, radio, film and television—in charge of the country’s media industry—was signed during Chinese president Xi Jinping’s state visit to India.

In October, Kung Fu Yoga, a project from India’s Viacom18 Motion Pictures and China’s Taihe Entertainment Corporation and Shinework Media, was sealed.

And as prime minister Narendra Modi visited China last week, the Chinese Film Corporation and India’s Eros International announced the co-production of Monk Xuanzang.
    Bollywood in China

As things stand, Bollywood barely has a presence in China’s massive entertainment ecosystem. Instead, Hollywood—comprising 90% of all foreign films released in China—dominates its film market.

In China, the government regulates the film industry, allowing only 34 foreign films to be released in theatres every year. These account for 15% of China’s film market, with only about 1.5% ending up to be non-Hollywood releases.

India can screen up to five films, though the country has failed to provide as many films to China in the last few years. That’s because the regulator has strict criteria of good content, technology and culture for selection of films.

So, what will joint productions change?

For one, a joint production would be given a local production status in both countries, thus bypassing the permission required by a foreign film to release in China. “An Indian co-production will hopefully mean better distribution opportunities, too,” Tula Goenka, filmmaker and professor at Syracuse University, told Quartz.

Also, this cultural exchange could eventually open up lucrative commercial opportunities between two of the largest film markets in the world.

“Hollywood’s hegemony is not going to disappear any time soon, but Indian presence in what is likely to become the world’s biggest box-office market will increase, as communication between the two Asian giants grows,” Daya Thussu, professor of international communication and co-director of India Media Centre at University of Westminster, told Quartz.

“But the key is to first learn about each other’s culture and history,” Thussu added. “There is extraordinary levels of mutual ignorance, despite thousands of years of relationship.”
    Buddhism to kung fu

This deep cultural chasm has meant that Indian filmmakers have typically either ridiculed the Chinese, or portrayed them as rivals. Bollywood productions, for instance, are replete with crass, stereotypical depictions of the Chinese.

And that’s probably why the themes of the films so far have to do with yoga, kung fu and Buddhism.

“It is understandable that the thought is to treat historical religious subjects, but (it is) quite unambitious. However, kung fu has promise perhaps wedding to big budget superhero formulas,” Richard Allen, professor and chair of cinema studies at New York University, told Quartz.

“I would have thought the historical in general might be a bet, especially one that treated the relations between the countries,” Allen added.

But here’s the flip side of this government-backed cinematic collaboration.

“I doubt that there would ever be a film about things that really matter to both countries—Tibet or the northeastern border,” Syracuse University’s Goenka said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Aamir is in

Only those few members here that know Bollywood know how huge this is. Jackie and Aamir. Wow.

‘Kung Fu Yoga’ Stars Jackie Chan, Aamir Khan; Bollywood’s ‘PK’ Premieres In China
    Conviron Altatis | May 16, 2015 04:59 AM EDT

"Kung Fu Yoga" star Jackie Chan (Photo : Reuters)

Chinese film regulators confirmed the Chinese-Indian film "Kung Fu Yoga" starring "Kung Fu Panda" star Jackie Chan and "PK" star Aamir Khan during the recent visit of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to China.

"Kung Fu Yoga" will be one of the three upcoming collaborative films that will combine Chinese martial arts and Indian culture. It will feature one of the most prominent Chinese martial arts techniques while showcasing how Indians maintain their physical and cultural well-being.

The three films announced are commissioned under an agreement made between China and India, which was signed when Chinese President Xi Jinping visited India in 2014, according to Daily News And Analysis.

Joining Chan and Khan in the "Kung Fu Yoga" cast are Katrina Kaif and Riya Sen. The film will be helmed by "The Myth" director Stanley Tong.

Aside from "Kung Fu Yoga," the second film executive produced by Wong Kar Wai will be about the life of a noted Buddhist monk Xuan Zang and his journey to India to study Buddhism while the third film titled "Da Nao Tian Zhu" will be directed by Chinese star Wang Baoqiang.

Meanwhile, the Bollywood film "PK" directed by Rajkumar Hirani starring Khan premiered in China on May 15, Friday, according to The Indian Express.

Co-written by Hirani and Abhijat Joshi, "PK" also stars Anushka Sharma, Sanjay Dutt, Boman Irani, Saurabh Shukla, Sushant Singh Rajput, Parikshat Sahni, Amardeep Jha, Reema Debnath, Dheerendra Dwivedi, Sai Gundewar, Ram P. Sethi and Rukhsar, among others.

The 2009 film "3 Idiots" directed by Hirani starring Khan was a success in China.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Aamir is out

So much for that little pipe dream

Aamir Khan confirms he's not starring in 'Kung Fu Yoga' with Jackie Chan
    May 21, 2015 13:10 IST

Mumbai: Superstar Aamir Khan has made it clear that he is not doing a film with Chinese action star Jackie Chan because he will be shooting for his most talked about movie "Dangal".

It has been reported that the 50-year-old actor is collaborating with Chan on an Indo-Chinese production. The project, titled "Kung Fu Yoga", will highlight USPs of the two nations.

Aamir Khan. AFP

"Jackie is planning that film with director Stanley Tong, who has made number of Jackie's films. It is not possible for me to do it (film). I would have loved to do it. They are shooting in September-October and that time I will be busy with 'Dangal'. I can start any film in August-September next year," Aamir said in an interview here.

Apparently, this project is part of the three-film agreement signed between the two countries during Chinese President Xi Jinping's visit to India last year. Looking at the growing popularity of Bollywood films in China, the agreement is meant to help both the countries.

Aamir, who is a big fan of Chan, is all praise for the actor.

"I have been a big fan of him. I had seen his film 'Police Story' in back-to-back shows in a theatre. He is not an action hero alone... his comic timing is superb. I told him I am big fan of him. I have seen lot of his films. I told him how popular he is in India. He was very happy to know about it," Aamir said.

Chan has not watched Aamir's latest film "PK", but he had seen "3 Idiots".

"I did not ask him if he has seen my films. But the way he met me, I felt he has seen my films. He has seen '3 Idiots'. He is a nice...warm guy," Aamir said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Aamir wears Jackie

Why Aamir Wore Chinese Silk at ‘PK’ Success Bash?
    June 11, 2015 BW-Insider

Aamir Khan celebrated the success of PK internationally by making an appearance in Chinese attire. Interestingly the Chinese silk long shirt was gifted to AK by none other than Jackie Chan!

The actor said, "This has been sent by Jackie Chan. Since it reached before this event, I decided to wear it.'' Chan had sent his designer to take Aamir's measurement when the actor was in China for the release of ‘PK’ there.
    Note: Aamir is quite short.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Katrina Kaif

Katrina Kaif-Jackie Chan to star in 'Kung Fu Yoga'Sanyukta Iyer,Mumbai Mirror | Jun 23, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Katrina Kaif-Jackie Chan to star in 'Kung Fu Yoga'
    The actress will be seen alongside the Chinese martial arts superstar in her international film.

Katrina Kaif is going places. The actress has signed her first international film, co-starring Jackie Chan. The film is titled Kung Fu Yoga. The action-adventure will be directed by Hong Kong based filmmaker Stanley Tong. He had earlier helmed the Jackie Chan classic, Rumble in the Bronx. Katrina was born in Hong Kong.

The 31-year-old actress will play an Indian professor at a Chinese university. Chan plays a Chinese archaeologist who enlists her help to unearth treasures from the Magadha era.

The two set out on a treasure hunt, which begins in the dynasty of King Bimbisara. He ruled the Magadh empire from around 542 BC to 492 BC. He was known for his cultural achievements and was a great friend and protector of Gautam Buddha. "There are a lot of stunts in the film which is not surprising since it features Jackie Chan, a martial arts expert. What is interesting is that Katrina too will get to do many action scenes," says a source close to the development, pointing out that she did a lot of action in Ek Tha Tiger too.

The professor and the archaeologist will travel back in time and interact with the royals. "They will also fight off demons from their past," adds the source.

In May 2015, the Chinese superstar had told a local newspaper that he is keen to co-produce and act in Indo-Chinese collab orations. His statement appeared after the two countries inked an agree ment for co-productions in 2014 when Chinese President Xi Jinping visited India. The exchange was further strengthened when Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a trip to China.

"Katrina has performed a lot of action in Ek Tha Tiger and will be seen kicking and punching in this film too," reveals the source.

Katrina has been busy with Abhishek Kapoor's Fitoor, an Indianised adaptation of Charles ****ens' novel, The Great Expectations. The film will be a 2016 Valentine's Day release.There's also Anurag Basu's Jagga Jasoos, which features her steady date, Ranbir Kapoor. Jackie's last release was Dragon Blade.
    This is beginning to sound like it could be an installment of Jackie's Armor of God franchise or maybe a sequel to The Myth.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More Bollywood buzz

Kung Fu Yoga: Katrina yet to decide on starring in Jackie Chan's film
    Posted By: Sheela Das On Tuesday, 23rd June 2015,11:06

Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif has been reportedly cast for the upcoming adventure film ‘Kung Fu Yoga’ featuring Chinese origin Hollywood action star Jackie Chan, but representatives of the actress said nothing is confirmed yet.

The 31-year-old actress of Indo-British origin will be seen in the role of an Indian professor at a Chinese university, while ‘Rush Hour’ actor Chan will play the role of a Chinese archaeologist who enlists her help to unearth treasures from the Magadh era (544-491 BCE) when king Bimbisara was the ruler of the Mauryan empire.

Katrina, who was seen doing action stunts in the 2012 film ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, will also be a part of many action scenes in the film, according to a report in a daily. Katrina and Chan will also travel back in time and interact with deceased royals in their fight against demons from the past, the report added.

Meanwhile, Katrina who is also doing Bollywood films ‘Fitoor’ and ‘Jagga Jasoos’ is yet to confirm about the film to be directed by Stanley Tong. "Katrina is yet to take a decision on the film. Nothing is confirmed as of yet," her spokesperson said in a statement.

Earlier reports stated that Aamir Khan would star in the film, but the ‘PK’ actor said he is concentrating on his sports based film ‘Dangal’ and has no time for another project.

‘Kung Fu Yoga’ is an Indo-Chinese co-production which forms a part of the agreement between the governments of both the countries.

Guess Who Replaced Aamir Khan In Jackie Chan’s Kung Fu Yoga?
    By BusinessofCinema News Network on June 24, 2015

Everyone is extremely excited for upcoming action film Kung Fu Yoga, which stars International sensation Jackie Chan. Earlier reports stated that Bollywood’s Mr. Perfectionist Aamir Khan was to star opposite Jackie Chan in the film but later it was revealed that the actor turned down the film as the dates were clashing with his much awaited film Dangal.

But Aamir Khan didn’t just leave like that without providing a replacement for his role in the film. Yes, apparently, the actor passed on the role in the film to much younger and supple star Tiger Shroff! Aamir was in China and he recommended Heropanti star Tiger’s name to the makers of Kung Fu Yoga. In a recent interview, Tiger Shroff confirmed the reports by saying, “They have seen a lot of my footage and Aamir sir was very kind to put in a word for me. He was in China and had referred my name to the makers. That’s how it happened. They started my videos and were quite impressed with my agility and my skills.”

Tiger Shroff is known for his flexible moves and gymnastic skills. The star is very much excited to share the big screen with his childhood idol Jackie Chan in the film. Matter of fact, the actor has also met with the makers of the action film. The makers of the film flew down to India from China to talk to Tiger Shroff about the film and sort out the dates for the shooting.

Apparently, Tiger already has a huge line up of films that he has committed to. Sajid Nadiawala’s Baaghi and Remo D’Souza’s Flying Jet are two of the films from the list. If all goes well and dates fit Tiger’s schedule, will surely see the star alongside Jackie Chan in Kung Fu Yoga, which reportedly also stars Katrina Kaif.
    This is surely just noise if you do't follow Bollywood. But if you do, this shuffle of stars is very amusing.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tiger Shroff?

Tiger Shroff: Approached for Jackie Chan's 'Kungfu Yoga'
    IANS | Jul 2, 2015, 05.26 PM IST

Tiger Shroff
    Actor Tiger Shroff confirms he has been approached to appear in martial arts movie star Jackie Chan's upcoming action-adventure film 'Kung Fu Yoga', but he hasn't taken a call on it yet.

"Yes, I have been approached for a role in Kung Fu Yoga. The talks are on but I haven't signed the film yet," Tiger Shroff said at an event in Mumbai on Wednesday.

Calling Jackie Chan as his inspiration, Tiger says that if the film happens it will be a dream come true for him.

READ: Tiger Shroff starts shooting for 'Baaghi'

Before Tiger, the film was offered to superstar Aamir Khan when he was in China but due to his commitment for Dangal, he had to leave the project.

Directed by Stanley Tong, Kung Fu Yoga will begin being shot in September this year.

As of now, Tiger is busy doing Baaghi: A Rebel For Love.
    I don't know Tiger. I'm still hoping for Katrina. She was smoking hot in Dhoom 3 and Ek Tha Tiger.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Dubai

Hong Kong actor Jackie Chan will shoot his newest film Kung Fu Yoga in Dubai. Phil McCarten / Reuters
    Jackie Chan’s latest film Kung Fu Yoga to shoot in Dubai
    Chris Newbould
    August 20, 2015 Updated: August 20, 2015 01:48 PM

Jackie Chan is heading to Dubai in September to shoot his latest movie Kung Fu Yoga, which will also feature Bollyood star Katrina Kaif.

The film was originally expected to shoot entirely in India, and although some scenes will still be shot there, sources say a crew is already on the ground in Dubai while the industry’s go-to production website, IMDB, has already begun to list Dubai line crew. The film is the first part of a three-movie agreement signed by the Indian and Chinese governments during a visit by the Chinese president Xi Xinpeng to India last year.

The Indian producers, Viacom 18, have a long-standing relationship with the UAE – including launching the TV stations Colors in 2012. With Kaif signed on, Aamir Khan was rumoured to be joining the Chinese/Indian co-production, but scheduling conflicts with his next Bollwood film prevented it.

As he told India’s First Post in May: “Jackie is planning that film with director Stanley Tong, who has made number of Jackie’s films. It is not possible for me to do it. I would have loved to do it. They are shooting in September-October and that time I will be busy with Dangal. I can’t start any film in August-September.”

With a sudden and heavy production schedule this autumn facing the UAE’s film industry, sources report competition for crew between this film and the Netflix-funded, Brad Pitt-starring, War Machine. That production is being brought to the capital by twofour54, with shooting slated for October.

Last week in Dubai, Miranda Davidson Studios conducted three days of casting for extras for Star Trek: Beyond, which is due to start shooting in the emirate in September. Sources say the Bollywood film Dhishoom, also set to film in the UAE at around the same time, will be bringing most of its own crew and cast, which is probably fortunate considering the sheer amount of films that appear to be coming into the UAE right now.

The capital has seen a dramatic jump in international recognition since the spring release of Furious 7, which was shot here in 2014 along with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, due in theatres December 18.
    Katrina will be great in this. I really like her work, at least, what little I've seen of it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not that much new in this update

Katrina Kaif to 'Kung Fu Yoga' with Jackie Chan in Dubai
    Film to be shot in emirate in September
    By Bindu Rai
    Published Monday, August 24, 2015

If news filtering down is to believed, the Trekkies will have their work cut out for them as the Kung Fu masters head to Dubai to steal their spotlight.

Hollywood icon and China's legendary star Jackie Chan is expected to show off some of his signature moves as he shoots for his upcoming movie, 'Kung Fu Yoga' in the emirate, as early as next month.

After starring with Mallika Sherawat (remember her) in 2008's 'The Myth', the actor has now moved on up the Bollywood later to rope in A-lister Katrina Kaif to star opposite him.

The Indo-China production is slated to shoot the bulk of its scenes in India, as part of a three film joint venture between the two entertainment industries.

Initially, Bollywood's Aamir Khan was also slated to a part of this project, but he was quoted as saying that the filming dates were clashing with his upcoming, 'Dangal'.

In an interview with First Post, the actor stated: "It is not possible for me to do it. I would have loved to do it. They are shooting in September-October and at that time I will be busy with Dangal. I can’t start any film in August-September."

'Kung Fu Yoga' will be directed by Chan's long-standing friend Stanley Tong.

News of the film's production unit comes even as Dubai is set to serve as a backdrop for the next 'Star Trek' film, even as Bollywood's 'Welcome Back' is returning to the emirate next month to host the comedy's world premiere here following its film shoot here in 2014.

Meanwhile, across E11, Abu Dhabi is all set to shine on big screen again when 'Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens' releases in December.
    Aamir would have been awesome, but we'll take Katrina. Wonder why Akshay wasn't in the running here....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

No Kat

My day is ruined.

Katrina Kaif Clears The Air About Doing Jackie Chan’s Next Film ‘Kung Fu Yoga’!
    Posted by Priyam Saha
    September 3, 2015

Katrina Kaif, Jackie Chan

Not too long ago, reports were doing the rounds that Katrina Kaif will be doing Jackie Chan’s next film with him titled Kung Fu Yoga and it would’ve obviously been a huge milestone in her career. However, at a recent event, when Kat was asked about this cool project, she said she isn’t a part of it anymore. Oh no!
    She said:

There was a discussion, but things didn’t work out. I need to be here in Mumbai, and work on the films I have in the Hindi film industry. I never speak about offers. If you aren’t doing a film, why must you talk about it? Whoever else does will speak about it.
    Currently, she’s working on Anurag Basu‘s film with Ranbir Kapoor. We hope this pays off
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips