Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vic Moore & Bruce Lee

Santelli: Foil Fencing Fundamentals - Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKPRRDKvoSA

Ive got nothing more to add. Above video is very enlightening if you like that word.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I wish more people would release all that old talked about footage. It would dispel misbeliefs. Etc. I suspect many think they are sitting on a goldmine. Not anymore. You should have cut that deal right after Lee's death and for other footage, during the time this stuff was making top dollar. It already peaked out.
    Give it up for the people !
    I AM BRUCE LEE documentary.

There's a preview on the link.

Bruce's Punch

It does seem Bruce was at least a foot short, Moore tried to block where Bruce's hand was,or swipe where it was going to be, then Bruce pulled it back. Then he used that "fake" to get into his space and make it seem like he did much more than he actually did.
    Penn and Teller would have a field day with this kind of stuff. Or the myth busters.
    Of course, maybe Bruce was just using his PIA, or ABD, and was trying to trick Moore. That's what lots of guys have done to me when I volunteer to see first hand the techniques of the masters.
    Last edited by Charles S; 04-04-2015 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

I mentally came back to this and it really hit me: what is the big freakin deal that the guy blocked Bruce Lee's punch? It dies not carry anything whether true or not. Respect comes from how you choose to live your life and there are millions who live exemplary lives and do not receive the recognition for it; interestingly, some don't even want the recognition and even tend to shy away from it.

mickey
    Some people only have that one small event in their life that they think they can capitalize on. That's ok we here in NA live within the bounds of capitalism. If that's all you got, that's all you got to work with. No harm in that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ummmmmm,

Another headlock with nuggies on the way.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Some people only have that one small event in their life that they think they can capitalize on. That's ok we here in NA live within the bounds of capitalism. If that's all you got, that's all you got to work with. No harm in that.
    The thing is, Vic Moore is supposedly one of the old-time greats. So why is he so hot and bothered about such a trifling thing as a stupid speed demo from almost 50 years ago? What about the calmness and inner strength that a lifetime of hard training should have instilled? Just sayin'.

Nobody would even be questioning his integrity about it if he hadn't complained openly. Seeing him on video now, I wouldn't have even recognized him from the demo unless I knew him back then.

Greetings,

Jimbo,

Vic Moore may have grounds under tort law if the film was released by the Parker estate. That is not saying much. I did read at another site that the film was edited to portray Bruce in a good light for those people in Hollywood. Still, it may be just between Vic Moore and the Parker estate. I ain't achin' my noodles over it.

mickey