Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vic Moore & Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings,

B.Tunks,

It is comedy because Bruce is nowhere close with that punch. And they even edited it at the beginning to where Bruce lee's punch seems to disappear, to give the impression of incredible speed.

Aside from this thread, I find the threads popping up that deconstruct Bruce Lee very interesting. It is as if he set a standard that no one can achieve; so, he has become a sort of outlier that must be destroyed. He never created his myth. Just as Vic Moore alleges, in his own way, the myth was built around him (this was said somewhere in this forum, I remember). Maybe the deconstruction of Bruce Lee is necessary to be free to find out who you really are through the liberation from expectations. Finding your own truth along your own path. Or, maybe, we have just grown tired of the bullsh!t.

mickey
    Yeah, the 'punches' (actually whipping backfists from what I can see) were about a foot short of their target. The whole thing is pretty amusing.

Greetings,

A fitting kibosh to this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwDG3mYCbJU

mickey

Get your Vic Moore shirts here! Get em while they're hot! lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Greetings,

I mentally came back to this and it really hit me: what is the big freakin deal that the guy blocked Bruce Lee's punch? It dies not carry anything whether true or not. Respect comes from how you choose to live your life and there are millions who live exemplary lives and do not receive the recognition for it; interestingly, some don't even want the recognition and even tend to shy away from it.

mickey

Can someone tell me the minute mark where Moore actually touches Lee's hand regardless if Lee was to far away to hit Moore head? I see Moore's hand arriving after Lee pulls back.

I believe Bruce Lee stated Steve Sanders moved faster then he could. Probably drove him nuts. But like Sanders said. Lee's timing was great. It's probably why he seemed faster than he may have been to those that played around with him.

And his EGO was huge. Its what made him and why for all practical purpose. He still lives. In the minds of everyone martial artists or not. And that my friends is why he is greatest. The vast majority will always think that. He achieved his primary goal.

Edit. Being that Lee was actually further away. Moore had more time to see and react. Anyone with any experience knows, you aint blocking much if any if almost anyone is close enough to touch you. Which is why you Chinese artists like to brigde. Faster reaction times through touch. I always said, head movement beats hand movement because you have more time. Boxers look great at blocking but that is because most boxers punch in standard combos and we are pretty sure what is coming next. Hence we are already covered.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-18-2015 at 04:17 PM.

I wish more people would release all that old talked about footage. It would dispel misbeliefs. Etc. I suspect many think they are sitting on a goldmine. Not anymore. You should have cut that deal right after Lee's death and for other footage, during the time this stuff was making top dollar. It already peaked out.
    Give it up for the people !

Bruce Lee was quoted as saying that Steve Sanders had the fastest hands he'd ever seen.

I've seen guys whose speed was equivalent to BL. For one example, in Taiwan, my late Mantis teacher also trained Hung Gar. His Hung Gar teacher, surnamed Zhang, had greater speed than anyone I ever sparred with, especially with his legs. He kicked so fast many people around Taiwan referred to him as possessing the 'Wu Ying Jiao' (no-shadow kick). Maybe not the exact same as Wong Fei-Hong's no-shadow kick, though. Zhang, when he kicked, looked like undercranking (fast-motion) in a movie, he was that fast. And he could cover ground and land those kicks hard and without any telegraphing. He kicked about 90% right-legged, but he could maneuver that leg like an arm. When I knew him, Zhang was in his late-40s and early-50s. I saw older video of him, and in his younger days he was even faster. I did figure out that his explosive speed bursts worked best when you become temporarily stationary. Constant mobility on my part made it difficult for him to 'get set' for an explosive attack. He didn't like that too much.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-18-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Here is the same -different angle. You guys be the judge. I don't see Moore blocking shi---t!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uByOGzaTRBM

Back then, it would have seemed mystical. But we know more now. Almost anyone can do that to anyone else. It really means nothing. But Moore is full of it !

Lee sparring demos. Yeah, he cleary sucked! Im not sure what you guys look at but he was so far ahead of his contemporaries they were clueless. I really believe he would have knocked a lot of guys on their ass. On the street? He was no longer a 20 years old kid still finding out things. The dude was as serious as a heart attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4a934j8fTc

Reportedly, BL sparred with 1960s-era New York karate fighter Louis Delgado, and got the better of Delgado.

I wonder if he mentioned anyone here could put on the gear and spar me. I doubt he had any takers if so. People were bewildered I imagine. WTF is going on. This don't make any sense.

In another thread, someone posted up those old thai vids and Mas Oyama karate. Other guys leading the pack in regards to lets find out. And I really don't think Bruce was anti traditional arts. he took what he felt was still valuable for himself. If you look at the different eras. Each group got fairly good at what he focused on. Watch clips of Jesse Glover doing chi sao. I guess depending on your linage, you might think he is doing this , that and everything else wrong. But, Jesse touched hands with many traditional guys and I think they felt different after that fact.

Not to many guys came out and trashed Lee while alive.

Do I think there was no one who could have took him then. Yeah, probably. Someone who may even had less ability than himself. Sometimes its the kid everyone knows sucks whips your ass for whatever reason. It happens! Lucky punch that just connects perfectly at the right time. BOOM. What happened? You lost! Ive been there.

Often the toughest opponent isn't the most technically refined; sometimes awkward guys are much more difficult. I've experienced that, and even before that, I was the (technically) awkward guy. It throws people off, due to the awkward guy's lack of control, and his unpredictability.

Never heard the Delgado story. Thanks for the update. Really it is meaningless. You either think the guy was good or you don't. Even when someone points out the obvious you can't see it. Or you blind yourself because he is breaking all the rules so it has to be faked.

What I see most clearly is Lee's footwork. Man his feet were fast. Nardi there all the way! Even the way he is sometimes reckless with his hands. Nardi! Hmm, classical art!

And, could the possibility exist Lee stayed out of range to protect Moore? Some arts teach you to enter while blocking. Moore may have walked his eye into a finger nail? I don't know but we are so swayed by words and what we believe or want to believe when what is shown is not as you think.

Anyway, I think Ive established where I stand regarding Lee. Guy was great. ****ed people off. Was full of himself. Became the most known martial artist and actor that ever lived in both fields. Had the best at that time line up to learn from him. Pretty great if you asked me. But he never fought anyone. Of course we don't know that for certain. He only talked about that stuff with friends, like we do. Do you go around telling everyone you kicked some dudes teeth out, if you ever had? NOPE. Only those you trust. So we will never know everything and no one said nothing until after he died. WHY?

Again, off by a letter. I'll not change it so you guys can have a laugh,, anyway, Nadi and his brother. Some may enjoy, But, LOOK please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjYg0ByTP4Q