Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Kung Fu in a Fight Video Yet

No Kung Fu in a Fight Video Yet

I've sat here and watched a lot of fight videos linked in numerous threads on every sub-forum. In every fight video, all I've seen so far is both fighters using either Western Boxing or a combination of Kick Boxing / Western Wrestling. Not a single fight video shows anyone actually using a style of Kung Fu in the fight.

I see there are a lot of kick boxing coaches on this website (pretending to be Kung Fu Masters) who obviously "learned" some Kung Fu from books / dvd's and set up fake Kung Fu schools with the real intention of training kick boxers for competitions.

Anyone have a fight video in which one of the participants is actually using a style of Kung Fu?
    Last edited by KungFuTruth; 10-29-2014 at 03:35 PM.

I dont think Kung Fu looks like Boxing or Kickboxing in a boxing ring i think Kung Fu is suposed to look different in real fighting on the street . But what it looks like on the street or in real selfdefense i dont know .

Firehawk4,

Kung Fu always looks like whichever style of Kung Fu the person is using regardless of whether it's used in a classroom, a ring, or on the streets. Where someone is using a system of fighting doesn't change how it looks. Regardless of where they're using it, all boxers look like they're using Boxing and all wrestlers look like they're using Wrestling. Yet none of the people I've seen in any fight video on this forum looks like they're using any style of Kung Fu (because they aren't) even tho the videos claim they are.
    Last edited by KungFuTruth; 10-29-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Allow me to set the tone for this thread:
    Name:  Men-s-Faux-Leather-Mankini-Suspender-Bikini-Sling-Swimsuit-Slingshot-Costume-Sexy-Borat-Style-.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  34.4 KB
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuTruth View Post
    Firehawk4,

Kung Fu always looks like whichever style of Kung Fu the person is using regardless of whether it's used in a classroom, a ring, or on the streets. Where someone is using a system of fighting doesn't change how it looks. Regardless of where they're using it, all boxers look like they're using Boxing and all wrestlers look like they're using Wrestling. Yet none of the people I've seen in any fight video on this forum looks like they're using any style of Kung Fu (because they aren't) even tho the videos claim they are.
    It sounds like you studied at some tootie-frootie forms school and never sparred. Fighting looks like fighting.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Thatīs because you are thinking in forms and movies, techniques in Kung Fu are not shown in the same manner that they are executed in real fight situation, well some actually are, but not the most, and forms, I always say that they are theory, pure theory that are showed in a pure form, and don't always show the real intention of a technique, that's because you need to keep that information for yourself, you don't need other people, wich may fight you, to watch the truth abouth your techniques, kung fu is based on deception. So look good, forms are idealization of a thechnique, and in some casses they don't show all you need to know, that's the secret that keep the practitioner.

Blog Entries
    No Kung Fu in a Fight Video Yet

I've sat here and watched a lot of fight videos linked in numerous threads on every sub-forum. In every fight video, all I've seen so far is both fighters using either Western Boxing or a combination of Kick Boxing / Western Wrestling. Not a single fight video shows anyone actually using a style of Kung Fu in the fight.

I see there are a lot of kick boxing coaches on this website (pretending to be Kung Fu Masters) who obviously "learned" some Kung Fu from books / dvd's and set up fake Kung Fu schools with the real intention of training kick boxers for competitions.

Anyone have a fight video in which one of the participants is actually using a style of Kung Fu?
    you must be looking for a shaw brother rehearsed kung fu fight. that's your problem. you don't know what to look for in kung fu cause you are most likely NOT a gung fu guy. but a gung fu hater.
    you're blind if you say you've watched choy lee fut videos and didn't see techniques exclusive to choy lee fut.

study some gung fu first before claiming you don't see anything.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Name:  Kung_Fools_by_fairyrainsong.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  100.4 KB

exclusive footage of kungfutruth and his shaolin monk teacher
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

KungFuTruth,

I think those are the video clips you looking for.

Kung Fu VS Karate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XKRCqGRTY

Kung Fu 1970's New York City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqItqjolIyw

Karate student vs Kung Fu student
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4JiNrU7jEk

Kumite 1970's New York City DoJo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2L2abt0kNU

Drunken Kung Fu Challenges Pankration
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8jOGceedfw

I see the Kung Fu Magazine forum only has fake martial artists and forum trolls.

Blog Entries
    wing chun vs boxing....light sparring

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

U blind.

There was some Kung Fu on TV last night. It was televised nationally.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have often felt the same way that all distinct styles disappear once the gloves go on and all that's left are the fighters resorting to kickboxing. With that said, the only times I have seen distinct styles visibly being used have pretty much been from Wing Chun and Drunken Boxing. Unfortunately, all the drunken boxers and wing chin fighters I've seen in sparring matches have lost because unlike their opponents, they limit themselves by not allowing themselves to adapt to their opponents.

Furthermore, drunken boxing was intended to benefit the practitioner through the disguise of unpredictability. Nowadays everyone and their moms know about drunken boxing, therefore it is anything but unpredictable. Thus, it has lost its only advantage in any fight. By demonstrating the visible unique techniques of a given style misplaces one's priority on the exposure of the unique style rather than on the survival of the practitioner. Sorry, but I'm not going to pretend to be off balance for the sake of demonstrating the validity of a style when my opponents can see right through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    KungFuTruth,

I think those are the video clips you looking for.

Kung Fu VS Karate
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XKRCqGRTY

Kung Fu 1970's New York City
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqItqjolIyw
    Good find Hitman.

Question answered for the trolling douche.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuTruth View Post
    Why would anyone start a fake Kung Fu school with the sole purpose of training kick boxers under a false premise? Why wouldn't they just start a kick boxing school?
    Do you realize how absurd that sounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!