Thread: Take down Skills and Fighting like in a War Zone

Take down Skills and Fighting like in a War Zone

Should a person fight like they are in a War zone when fighting in the streets for selfdefense i men like in that other forum they where talking about how a Brazillian Jujitsu guy tried to take a guy down and put a hold on a guy but the guys friend hit him in the head with brass knuckles but could of used a knife instead then they said how take down shills would be better than grappling skills in multiple fighting situations when agianst many opponets ? So in the streets should a person fight like in a war zone instead of in a boxing ring or in a mixed martial art ring or doing mega forms or kata what would work for selfdefense in the War Zone or the streets what kind of Martial Art Krav Maga Some Kind of Military training what would really work .

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

This is a good topic for discussion. I have been I a decent amount of street fights. To be honest most of them could have been avoided. Most were caused by some punk trying to f&%@ with me and my bad temper and refusal to back down.

In my personal experience the techniques from all the styles I have studied that work best are, a mixture of kung fu and sport grappling systems combined. I primarily rely on the kung fu stand up stuff, and resort to the ground grappling if forced into that situation.

From the systems I have studied that have deadly techniques and survival strategies, most of the stuff that I have ever used comes in the form of avoidance. This may mean footwork and defensive posturing, to grabbing a tool and using it to keep someone at bay , with the intention of using it as a last resort. Also to avoid the situations before they ever get to the point of a face to face conflict.

Blog Entries
    I gotta say that the good ol' Judo basic hip throw has saved my ass a few times. Anyone that is coming at you (short of lowering their level and shooting on you) in an upright fashion and willingly giving you some energy to work with is susceptible to it.

No matter how long I've been doing other styles...I never leave home without it.

... "and you can take that to the bank".

... " I 'm gonna take you to the bank Senator Trent"

Holy, it's after 2am i'm goin' crazy now.
    http://cykwoon.freewebspace.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Subitai

"O"..."Some people believe that you need to make another human being tap out to be a valid art. But I am constantly reminding them that I only have to defend myself and keep you from hurting me in order to Win."
    "O"..."The Hung Style practiced solely in methods of Antiquity would ultimately only be useful versus Similar skill sets"

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    I gotta say that the good ol' Judo basic hip throw has saved my ass a few times. Anyone that is coming at you (short of lowering their level and shooting on you) in an upright fashion and willingly giving you some energy to work with is susceptible to it.

No matter how long I've been doing other styles...I never leave home without it.

... "and you can take that to the bank".

... " I 'm gonna take you to the bank Senator Trent"

Holy, it's after 2am i'm goin' crazy now.
    Wow, the hip throw ('cao"- to bump) I learned from my Tai Chi teacher in her Push Hands class saved my butt on the streets once. The other guy wanted to smash my face in! Sounds like the judo throw and the hip bump (Dr. Aihan focused on alot of Chen-style techniques in her push hands class) are similar techniques!

with all the deadly street fights I've been in, and let me just say that it was brutal in the 2nd and 3rd grades - For quick and decisive victories, I often resorted to the time proven tactic of screaming "I'm TELLING!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by pazman View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    Wut?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    with all the deadly street fights I've been in, and let me just say that it was brutal in the 2nd and 3rd grades - For quick and decisive victories, I often resorted to the time proven tactic of screaming "I'm TELLING!!!"
    Or, ride about a 1/4 block away and then shout at your aggressor " You dink!" or some other epithet, then pedal, pedal as fast as you can!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

You speach good americano !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
    Finally, someone who understands my point of view.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

As Lao Tzu was known to say...

"Abstraction jumps both ways.

Whiskey on the table is often one floor above you.

A flailing monkey was always the second best.

Clear water says goodbye to the shooter.

A cranky old lady sickens me."