Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: skill of stone throwing of CLF

Question skill of stone throwing of CLF

Hi,

I found this chinese site with CLF quanpu:

http://www.choyleefut.com.cn/chinese...bu/qianyan.htm

that mentions "toushishu" or skill of stone throwing as part of the curriculum.
    Has anyone heard about it, or better, is practising this aspect of CLF?

I myself am not a CLF person. Just found it interesting. As for stone throwing, I've found it also in Wan Laisheng's "Wushu huizong" - he has some practical instructions on how to practice it. Would like to compare. Thanks :-)

Blog Entries
    Is that anything like training with "stone locks"?

Quote Originally Posted by Fu-Pow
    Is that anything like training with "stone locks"?
    I'm not sure what "stone locks" are. If you're thinking of strength building stone weights, then not. It's about using a stone as a weapon, a projectile.
    Last edited by taaigihk; 03-31-2006 at 12:19 AM.

Blog Entries
    throwing stones are most probably equivalent to the old timers who used to used sharpened throwing coins as weapons. it is said that they are one chosen weapon of tong assassins and enforcers.

hsk

Blog Entries
    throwing stones are most probably equivalent to the old timers who used to used sharpened throwing coins as weapons. it is said that they are one chosen weapon of tong assassins and enforcers.

the stonde shape locks are for weight training as you've said.

hsk

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    wow, and here I was thinkin that it was a sarcastic comment on the politics that go one between CLF branches. wel...it coulda been!

Blog Entries
    rik,

have you joined my class on throwing stones choy lee fut politcal style?

but yes throwing stones actually work well. plus you can't get arrested for having rocks in your pocket or in your glove compartment, or even under your front seat.
    ****, i just revealed where i keep my throwing stones.

**** you.

hsk

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior

the stonde shape locks are for weight training as you've said.

hsk
    Yes, it is the same "an qi" - concealed weapon category. Sharpened coins are mentioned by Wan Laisheng in his book too. He calls it Luohan qian. He says that if you're skilled at it, you should be able to break through a water melon skin with a coin from a distance of 24 steps. Which is quite a long way for a light coin like that i think. Anyways I wonder wether it can really be a killing weapon. Do you know if they (those enforcers) were using regular coins of the time or just coin shaped (heavier) projectiles?

Thanks for the response.

Blog Entries
    sorry bro couldn't tell you.

when interview my si-sooks about Lau Bun there were those who said "you know he used to carry throwing coins" but i've never got to see them.

nah, i'm sure they aren't meant to kill, but possibly with the right power and speed you can seriously injure someone or even take an eye out.

i think the throwing coins were more of an escape method but not sure.

thanks

Good info. Shows that it was kind of alive not a long time ago at least.

As for the "deadliness" of it, I agree, it may have been a useful gadget, something of a last resort.

Thanks again.

Well, if the coin is dirty, sharp and breaks your skin when it hits you, it could cause some serious infection which could end up in death if you don’t get treated. A pretty handy weapon if you ask me, and gives you enough time to get out mostly.

stone trowing could be most useful too
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Talking

"Tou Shi Shu" is the art of throwing stones. In XinHui where Chan Heung came from the river bed is full little round pebbles from about half to an inch diameters perfectly shape for throwing without too much drag.

It is considered a part of the Qi Men (unusual) weapons and it is not only used for attack but also used to detract and often used as an aid for practice. Imagine doing the bil-ji with a stone in you hand and throw it as you bil, the stone will focus and direct your finger qi towards your target with speed and sharpness.

A cool page, pity you guys can't read Chinese, it has a lot of information on CLF forms and weapons and also kuen po. An interesting part is about CLF sounds and how local dialect changed the meaning of some moves and the sound of the Five Animals in CLF are different to what has been written.

Loong Gee-Choy was wellknown for Tou Shi Shu", legend has that he rescued a young girl from being raped by throwing stones at the right acupressure point in the head and killed the rapist instantly. If Jeong Yim was Loong Gee Choy, Frank should be good at throwing stones. The trouble is he does it out of a glass house!

Blog Entries
    you have never beat me in this battle joseph,

do you really want to start this up again?

besides, your Li Iu Ling lineage has a slightly different slant on the history than the chan family does of their own family member.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-04-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Hi Frank,

You have proved nothing, you just regurgitate a few gossips you heard from Futsan. If they have something solid they would have gone to King Mui long ago, they don't need you to spread their "truth" here, they can do it in China.

For someone who can't read or write Chinese and can only speak a few swear words in Cantonese, you sure know a lot about CLF history and CLF kuen-po. Why don't you just tell us how fantastic your kung fu is and how wonderful your webpages look and leave the history to the historians and the kuen-po to the family elders. You are completely out of your depth here.

I have thrushed you many times before and I will continue to do so every time I find you trying to change history and insult the Chen Family, Li Iu-ling included!

EJ
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 04-05-2006 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph

.. and often used as an aid for practice. Imagine doing the bil-ji with a stone in you hand and throw it as you bil, the stone will focus and direct your finger qi towards your target with speed and sharpness.
    Interesting. I must admit I've overlooked this aspect. Although I'm not sure how CLF bil-ji exactly looks like I believe it is some springing shot from finger joints. Does stone throwing involve similar motion? Maybe it just teaches some kind of natural relaxation, removes unnecessary tension, unblocks the mind, or something like that.. Anyway, I like the idea.

Loong Gee-Choy was wellknown for Tou Shi Shu", legend has that he rescued a young girl from being raped by throwing stones at the right acupressure point in the head and killed the rapist instantly.

Of course if he didn't hit the right accupressure point, just simply blew rapist's head off with a rock, he could have survived
    But seriously it's a cool story.

Thank you.