Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: El Rey Network and Shaw Brothers

Our latest fb meme

This is from the interview I did with Robert Rodriguez for our March April 2015 issue (the full interview was posted online and listed above).

Tonight is Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursday on EL REY, although it looks like they may have dropped that laborious title and now are just going with Kung Fu Flicks.

Scheduled for tonight:
    2:30 pm Legend of the Bat
    4:45 pm Shaolin Mantis
    7:00 pm Flying Guillotine
    9:15 pm Flying Guillotine 2
    11:15 pm Flying Guillotine
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Best. Channel. Ever.

I have so many kung fun movies on DVR now.

This Thursday is Challenge of the Masters and Mad Monkey Kung Fu.

I have to say, though, I'm not a big Lo Lieh fan, except when he's playing Pai Mei.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Just got this press release

CHANG CHEH MARATHON ON EL REY NETWORK - FATHER OF KUNG FU CINEMA - THIS SATURDAY JUNE 20 STARTING AT 6 AM ET

El Rey Network is celebrating Father’s Day all weekend long, featuring ten films from The Father of Kung Fu Cinema, Chang Cheh. Join us for a legendary, action-packed weekend beginning Saturday, June 20 at 6:00a ET. For further information, contact Erin Mahon / erinm@ferencomm.com / 212.983.9898

CELEBRATE FATHER’S DAY ALL WEEKEND LONG WITH EL REY NETWORK AS THEY SALUTE THE FATHER OF KUNG FU CINEMA, CHANG CHEH, WITH OVER 40 HOURS OF HIS MOST HARD HITTING WORK

Watch the promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d9njyH5kbA

June 17, 2015 (Austin, TX) -- El Rey Network will celebrate Father’s Day with a Kung Fu marathon dedicated to the most prolific director Shaw Brothers’ history and the Father of Kung Fu Cinema, Chang Cheh. Starting Saturday, June 20th at 6am ET, El Rey Network will be playing 10 of his most action packed fan favorites including: The Five Deadly Venoms, Disciples of Shaolin, and One-Armed Swordsman. Join El Rey Network in celebrating the unique action-packed style of this master of Kung Fu cinema.

Below, please find the programming schedule for El Rey Network’s Chang Cheh Father of Kung Fu Cinema Marathon airing on Saturday, June 20th and Sunday, June 21st.

SATURDAY, JUNE 20th (all times ET)
    “The Assassin” 6:00am and 6:00pm
    “The Boxer from Shantung” 8:30am and 8:30pm
    “The Heroic Ones” 11:15am and 11:15pm
    “Disciples of Shaolin” 1:45pm and 1:45am
    “The Kid with the Golden Arm” 4:00pm

SUNDAY, JUNE 21th (all times ET)
    “Masked Avengers” 4:00am and 5:15
    “The Kid with the Golden Arm” 6:00am
    “One-Armed Swordsman” 8:00am and 7:45pm
    “Return of the One-Armed Swordsman” 10:30am and 9:45pm
    “The Five Deadly Venoms” 12:45pm and 12:00am
    “Crippled Avengers”3:00pm and 2:15am

To find El Rey Network in your area please check out the channel finder at http://bit.ly/ElReyChannelfinder

About El Rey Network
    El Rey Network is a 24-hour English language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez. Curated by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, the network unites the most culturally diverse generation in history through fearless, badass and original content that awakens the renegade in everyone. The network's action-packed content is anchored by original signature dramas, feature films, grindhouse genre, cult classic action, and horror/sci-fi. El Rey Network LLC (www.elreynetwork.com) is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade Ventures with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.
    I've been enjoying the 200+ Shaw Brothers flicks but I wish EL REY would dig a little deeper into that library. They seem to keep replaying the same two dozen titles over and over. I'd like to see some of the more obscure stuff get shown.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just got this press release

Nice marathon. I wish El Rey would dig deeper into their Shaw Brother archive. Of the 250+ films they have acquired, I doubt they've shown 50 of them. They just keep showing the same ones over and over. They've cherry-picked the best ones for sure, but I've seen all of these several times by now. I want to see the ones I might have missed or only seen once.

EL REY NETWORK PROVIDES A SECOND HELPING OF KUNG FU WITH THE SECOND ANNUAL
    "WAY OF THE TURKEY" THANKSGIVING MARATHON FEATURING 72 HOURS OF ACTION-PACKED KUNG-FU FILMS BEGINNING THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26th AT 6 AM ET ON EL REY NETWORK

Marathon Includes Films Hosted by Shannon Lee and Dario Cueto

Give thanks for Kung Fu when El Rey Network presents the second annual “Way of the Turkey” Thanksgiving marathon featuring 96 hours of kung-fu films, airing Thursday, November 26th starting at 6 AM ET and concluding on Sunday, November 29th at 6:00 AM ET. Shannon Lee, daughter of the legendary martial artist Bruce Lee, and Dario Cueto of El Rey Network’s “Lucha Underground” will host select films.

The marathon will begin "Ten Tigers of Kwangtung" on Thursday, November 26th at 6 AM ET, and culminate with "House of Traps" on Sunday, November 29th at 4:00 AM ET (see schedule on the attached page).

Films that will air in alphabetical order:

“The 36th Chamber of Shaolin”
    The anti-Ching patriots, under the guidance of Ho Kuang-han, have secretly set up their base in Canton, disguised as school masters. During a brutal Manchu attack, Lui manages to escape and devotes himself to learning the martial arts in order to seek revenge. In a short period of time he masters the deadly use of his fists, feet and palms, along with such weapons as swords, sticks, and lances. With his learning complete, he takes on the Manchus.

“The Big Boss”
    Hosted by Shannon Lee & Dario Cueto
    A young man sworn to an oath of non-violence works with his cousins in an ice factory where they mysteriously begin to disappear.

“Challenge of the Masters”
    Teenager Wong Fei-hung is sent to train in the art of hung gar kung fu from his father's teacher, Luk Ah-choy. With training complete, Wong must fight an assassin and regain the honor of his school.

“Clan of the White Lotus”
    A martial artist learns special skills to exact revenge from a group of fighters that killed his friends.

“Come Drink With Me”
    A group of bandits kidnaps the governor's son and demands their imprisoned leader to be set free in exchange.

“Crippled Avengers”
    Three men, crippled by an evil warlord, become friends and learn kung fu with the help of an old teacher and his idiot pupil.

“Executioners from Shaolin”
    Hosted by Dario Cueto
    A couple unite - she is fluent in the crane style of kung fu, he in tiger style. They have a son, but the boy's father is killed by the evil eunuch Bai Mei. Disguised as a girl, his mom trains him in crane style while he secretly learns tiger style from his father's training manual.

“The Five Deadly Venoms”
    A dying master sends his last student to check up on five former pupils, who each know a special style of kung fu.

“Five Fingers of Death”
    Hosted by Dario Cueto
    Promising young student Chi-Hao is sent away to train under a new master in order that he may be able to win a martial arts tournament and thus prevent the local thugs from getting the power and prestige that would come were they to win it.

“Fist of Fury (AKA The Chinese Connection)”
    Chen Zhen (Bruce Lee) has left his homeland of China and relocated to stay with family in Thailand. Chen, who swore to his mother that he would avoid violence in his new life and even wears a necklace to remind himself of this oath, is tested when he confronts trouble at his job. When he finds out the factory he works at is a cover for a drug ring, and his family members are murdered by members of the gang, he can avoid fighting no more and decides to confront his corrupt boss.

“The Flying Guillotine”
    Chen Kuan-tai battles assassins that use a deadly, beheading weapon to kill dissidents. Based on true events, the film's weapon was completely fabricated because in real life, no one ever survived to tell what the weapon actually looked like.

“Game of Death”
    Hosted by Shannon Lee
    An actor (Bruce Lee) shot by gangsters fakes his death, has plastic surgery and seeks kung-fu revenge.

“House of Traps”
    From the great Chang Cheh comes this highly sought after action spectacular about a team of skilled fighters navigating a house rigged with an array of ingenious and deadly traps.

“Legendary Weapons of China”
    A band of killers from an ailing kung fu and magic society are sent on a manhunt for a former member of the society, whose bad mouthing threatens its existence.

“One-Armed Swordsman”
    A betrayed kung fu student retreats to live a peaceful existence, until duty forces him to learn a deadly new fighting style and return to a world of violence and vengeance.

“Opium and the Kung-Fu Master”
    Opium and the Kung-Fu Master is a 1984 Hong Kong martial arts film directed by Tang Chia, who also serves as one of the film's action directors, and stars Ti Lung as the titular protagonist.

“Ten Tigers of Kwangtung”
    Assassins stalk a group of martial-arts students whose fathers risked their lives to save a revolutionary years before.

“Vengeance”
    China 1925, a man returns to track down a kill the men who murdered his brother.

“Way of the Dragon”
    A man visits his relatives at their restaurant in Italy and has to help them defend against brutal gangsters harassing them.

To find El Rey Network in your area please check out the channel finder at http://bit.ly/ElReyChannelfinder

El Rey Network social media:
    Facebook: facebook.com/ElReyNetwork
    Twitter: twitter.com/ElReyNetwork
    Instagram: instagram.com/ElReyNetwork
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/ElReyNetwork
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/+ElReyNetwork

About El Rey Network
    El Rey Network is a 24-hour English language network founded by maverick filmmaker Robert Rodriguez. Curated by Rodriguez and his artistic collective, the network unites "the new mainstream" through badass content that awakens the renegade in everyone. El Rey's action-packed slate is anchored by signature series including the original drama, "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series", the one-on-one interview program, "El Rey Network Presents: The Director's Chair" and "Lucha Underground," a freestyle wrestling series from Mark Burnett. El Rey Network's lineup also showcases a wide range of iconic feature films and TV series including genre, cult classics, action, and horror/sci-fi. El Rey Network LLC is jointly owned by Robert Rodriguez and FactoryMade Ventures with a minority stake held by Univision Networks & Studios, Inc.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

“cinco de mayhem” marathon

I just got this press release from El Rey. I'm surprised they went this direction instead of with Lucha Underground for Cinco de Mayo.

Macintosh HD:Users:fonspr5esktop:Fons PR:73dadd5f-cbf7-4db5-9d7e-6c34d9ce3373.png
    GET READY FOR BATTLE WITH EL REY NETWORK DURING THE

“CINCO DE MAYHEM” MARATHON BEGINNING

THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2016 AT 6:00 AM ET/PT

Join us for El Rey Network’s “Cinco De Mayhem” marathon featuring iconic kick-ass kung-fu films including GOLDEN SWALLOW, COME DRINK WITH ME, THE BLACK TAVERN, DIRTY HO, OPIUM AND THE KUNG-FU MASTER, AND LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA. The chaos will hit your television screen on Thursday, May 5 at 6:00AM ET/PT.

Grab your tacos & tequila with a side of nunchuks and commemorate the arduous Battle of Puebla that took place on Cinco De Mayo and enjoy the mayhem!

THURSDAY May 5, 2016

6:00 AM ET/PT “GOLDEN SWALLOW”

8:00 AM ET/PT “COME DRINK WITH ME”

10:00 AM ET/PT “THE BLACK TAVERN”

11:45 AM ET/PT “DIRTY HO”

1:45 PM ET/PT “OPIUM AND THE KUNG-FU MASTER”

3:45 PM ET/PT “LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA”

6:00 PM ET/PT “GOLDEN SWALLOW”

8:00 PM ET/PT “COME DRINK WITH ME”

10:00 PM ET/PT “THE BLACK TAVERN”

11:45 PM ET/PT “DIRTY HO”

1:45 AM ET/PT “OPIUM AND THE KUNG-FU MASTER”

3:45 AM ET/PT “LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA”

El Rey Network’s “Cinco De Mayhem” Marathon Film Schedule

GOLDEN SWALLOW (1968)
    The indomitable martial arts team of director Chang Cheh and stunt choreographer Liu Chia-liang continues the compelling saga of Golden Swallow from King Hu's Come Drink with Me in this sequel of heartbreaking romance, jianghu intrigue and stunning action.

COME DRINK WITH ME (1966)
    A group of bandits kidnaps the governor's son and demands their imprisoned leader to be set free in exchange.

THE BLACK TAVERN (1972)
    This sword-filled thriller centers on the title location--an inn where the down and dirty meet to plot nefarious doings. Award winning actor Ku Feng stars as the "Whip Devil," while the luminous and lethal Shih Szu plays "The Lady Hermit" who has a surprise in store for all the double-crossing masters of mayhem.

DIRTY HO (1976)
    A prince enlists a thief to serve as his bodyguard to protect him from assassins.

OPIUM AND THE KUNG-FU MASTER (1984)
    A Kung Fu master finds out that an opium den is destroying the lives of the town he lives in, and vows to put an end to the den, but first he must try to defeat the strongest enemy he has ever faced: his addiction to the drug itself.

LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA (1982)
    A band of killers from an ailing kung fu and magic society are sent on a manhunt for a former member of the society, whose bad mouthing threatens it's existence.

GOLDEN SWALLOW (1968)
    The indomitable martial arts team of director Chang Cheh and stunt choreographer Liu Chia-Liang continues the compelling saga of Golden Swallow from King Hu's Come Drink with Me in this sequel of heartbreaking romance, Jiangsu intrigue and stunning action.

COME DRINK WITH ME (1966)
    A betrayed kung fu student retreats to live a peaceful existence, until duty forces him to learn a deadly new fighting style and return to a world of violence and vengeance.

THE BLACK TAVERN (1972)
    This sword-filled thriller centers on the title location--an inn where the down and dirty meet to plot nefarious doings. Award winning actor Ku Feng stars as the "Whip Devil," while the luminous and lethal Shih Szu plays "The Lady Hermit" who has a surprise in store for all the double-crossing masters of mayhem.

DIRTY HO (1976)
    A prince enlists a thief to serve as his bodyguard to protect him from assassins.

OPIUM AND THE KUNG-FU MASTER (1984)
    A Kung Fu master finds out that an opium den is destroying the lives of the town he lives in, and vows to put an end to the den, but first he must try to defeat the strongest enemy he has ever faced: his addiction to the drug itself.

LEGENDARY WEAPONS OF CHINA (1982)
    A band of killers from an ailing kung fu and magic society are sent on a manhunt for a former member of the society, whose bad mouthing threatens it's existence.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I'm glad they went that direction after all

By sheer luck I found myself in front of the tube last night at just the right time to watch Dirty Ho again. Luv that film. One of my all-time fav Shaw Brothers.

Gracias El Rey! Feliz Cinco de Mayhem!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SeriousLee Bruce Memorial Day Marathon

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Man at Arms

El Rey picks up “Man at Arms,” “Rite of Passage”
    By Selina Chignall January 16, 2017

Texas-based lifestyle net, El Rey Network, has picked up two original unscripted series, Man At Arms and Rite of Passage.

The digital series Man At Arms will be brought to television in a copro with Defy Media, the digital studio behind the series. El Rey has ordered eight, one-hour episodes of the series where expert craftsmen reproduce famed weapons and armor from scratch. Using technology from the time they were originally produced, along with state-of-art technology, the craftsmen create “historical, modern and mythological works of martial art,” a statement from the network said. The weaponry is then tested by experts for functionality and strength.

Man at Arms will be produced by Defy, led by heads of Television/OTT production and development Jared Hoffman and Chris Pollack, chief content officer Barry Blumberg and El Rey Network. Hoffman and Pollack will also serve as series’ executive producers and showrunners.

David Sherman at William Morris Endeavor Entertainment negotiated the deal.

El Rey has also picked up the 12-part docuseries Rite of Passage. Award-winning producer, reporter and cameraman Tim Noonan (pictured) scours the earth, immersing himself in local cultures where he participates in the rituals that define the transition to manhood. These rituals land Noonan in environments like the anaconda-infested plains of Venezuela, and in Cameroon, West Africa, where he crawls headfirst into the home of a giant rock python to wrestle it from its lair.

Seven Productions, a division of The Seven Network in Australia, produced Rite of Passage.

Both Man at Arms and Right of Passage will air in the first half of 2017 on the El Rey Network.
    For more on Man at Arms, see our Katana Forging thread.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I want to create a Chamber. Oh and what would that be?

TONIGHT! The 36th Chamber brings our Kung Fu classics to their new night - It's Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch TUESDAY! 6p ET only on El Rey Network!
    SCHEDULE ALL TIMES ET
    6:00 PM THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN
    8:30 PM RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER
    10:30 PM DISCIPLES OF THE 36TH CHAMBER
    I've been wondering what would happen to Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursdays with Man At Arms: Art of War taking the Thursday slot. Last night was Ilya & Matt hosting Last Action Hero. Will tonight be my hosting of THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN? It starts in a less than an hour.

And if it is, I will only be able to watch a little of it because I have an appointment.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

What use is that? When you're dealing with Manchu killers?

Alas. It's the old RZA one. False alarm.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

This isn't Shaw Brothers related but it is more martial arts and El Rey.

Bushido Battleground: El Rey Orders Martial Arts TV Show
    by Regina Avalos, July 31, 2017

Get ready to see some MMA style fighting on El Rey Network. The network has ordered Bushido Battleground. The season will feature 10 episodes, which are two hours long each.

El Rey Network revealed more about the new series in a press release. Check that out below.

“Expanding its slate of adrenaline charged event programming, El Rey Network has greenlit the martial arts series Bushido Battleground. The new, ten-episode, two-hour series showcasing elite fighters in the full contact sports of MMA, submission Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai matches from around the world, was announced today by El Rey Network President and G.M. Daniel Tibbets.

Part documentary and part travelogue with fights that are 100% real, Bushido Battleground is a multifaceted sporting event that feels like a feature film. Matches will be held in locations around the world ranging from Thailand to the Mexico to Los Angeles. But unlike traditional broadcasts, cameras not only cover the action of the fights, but also track the drama before, during and after the bouts. The series is be a uniquely immersive experience, following the fighters and their teams, experiencing their unique training, learning the fighters’ different strategies and seeing how those strategies come to life in the action of the ring. Then the lens goes deeper still, staying in the corners between rounds and finally following the aftermath of the contest into the training rooms.

“El Rey Network has found great success with our lucha libre wrestling series Lucha Underground and our weekly Martial Arts film blocks. Like Lucha and the Martial Arts Films, Bushido Battleground will feature great storytelling, compelling fights and incredible skill,” remarked Tibbets. “Just as Lucha Underground has taken lucha libre wrestling to another level through Robert Rodriguez’s cinematic eye, the fight world will be enhanced by the El Rey Network lens as well.”

Executive producers of Bushido Battleground are George Chung and Andy Horne. Chung is the CEO and co-founder of JUNGOTV and is a former five-time world martial arts champion and member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame. Horne was co-producer on Blade and Blade II and developed La Femme Nikita and the animated series Spawn.”

I hope you all enjoyed MAN AT ARMS. Even more, I hope we get renewed for Season 2.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Go Danny! Go Robert!

Now just get a second season for Man at Arms: Art of War.

Robert Rodriguez & go90 Ink Programming Deal; Unveil New Series With Michael Madsen, Danny Trejo, More
    by Denise Petski
    August 23, 2017 2:48pm

Verizon’s go90 is partnering with the studio division of Robert Rodriguez’s El Rey Network on a programming deal that includes a new animated short series and an independent filmmaking event inspired by Rodriguez’s career.

RelatedChris Castallo Joins Verizon as Head of Development for Go90

Animated short series Explosion Jones, starring Michael Madsen, Jaylen Barron, Carl Weathers, James Hong, Danny Trejo and Vivica A. Fox, will debut September 5 on go90. Rebel Without a Crew, an independent filmmaking event to commemorate the 25th anniversary of El Mariachi, Rodriguez’s filmmaking debut, will begin production this fall.

Rebel Without a Crew is designed to mentor and inspire a new wave of independent filmmakers. Rodriguez created his first feature-length film El Mariachi on a budget of just $7,000. To mark the 25th anniversary of the film, Rodriguez will invite five amateur filmmakers to take on the same challenge. They will write, shoot and edit a brand-new feature length film with only $7,000. Go90 will stream the six-episode, one-hour series capturing the filmmakers’ process as well as their final feature films. As the selected filmmakers work on their projects, Rodriguez also will write, shoot and edit a new feature film for $7,000.

Go90 also will stream a 12×10 docuseries that documents his journey, explores the philosophy of his process and shows him re-experiencing ultralow-budget indie filmmaking.

In the 1980s-set 12-episode animated short series Explosion Jones, Bruce “Explosion” Jones is an ex-Special Forces commando-turned-rogue detective/single dad just trying his best. Jones fights through endless armies of mercenaries, smarmy mini-bosses, old friends, new enemies and just might dig too deep to reveal a plot that goes all the way to the top.

Explosion Jones is produced by El Rey Network’s studio division and the animation house Octopie Studios.

“I wanted to re-create my El Mariachi experience with up and coming filmmakers to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the film’s release,” said Rodriguez. “I think the young, tech-savvy go90 audience will appreciate and be inspired by the inside look at the ultralow-budget independent feature filmmaking process. Also, I am a huge fan of animation, and our new series Explosion Jones is cool content you can watch on any device in any location.”

Applications for Rebel Without a Crew can be found here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Premieres Oct 18

Bushido Battleground needs its own indie thread from the El Rey Network one.

UFC veteran Nate Quarry bringing ‘Bushido Battleground’ to El Rey Network on Oct. 18
    by Press Release Sep 28, 2017, 7:02pm EDT

https://twitter.com/NateRockQuarry

El Rey Network’s “Bushido Battleground,” the new, ten-episode series showcasing elite fighters from around the world in Mixed Martial Arts, submission Jiu Jitsu, full contact Kick Boxing and Muay Thai will debut on October 18th at 10:00pm ET. The premiere episode airs immediately following the season 3 finale of “Lucha Underground.” “Bushido Battleground” is hosted by former NFL safety Tony Parrish and former mixed martial artist Nate Quarry.

Expanding El Rey’s slate of adrenaline charged event programming, “Bushido Battleground” combines documentary with fights that are 100% real. Each episode is a multifaceted sporting event filmed at locations around the world including Thailand, Mexico, Canada and Los Angeles. The first episode features MMA Fighters Chris “Taco” Padilla and Ivan “Choco” Castillo in a match at the historic Plaza Del Toros Bullfight Arena in Tijuana, Mexico followed by Muay Thai fighters “Tu” Warren Stavone and Janerob Pumpanuang at the world-famous Max Muay Thai Stadium in Pattya, Thailand.

“El Rey Network has found great success with our lucha libre wrestling series ‘Lucha Underground’ and our weekly Martial Arts film blocks. Like Lucha and the Martial Arts Films, ‘Bushido Battleground’ features great storytelling, compelling fights and incredible skill,” remarked El Rey Network President and GM Daniel Tibbets. “Just as Lucha Underground has taken lucha libre wrestling to another level through Robert Rodriguez’s cinematic eye, the fight world will be enhanced by the El Rey Network lens as well.”

Tony Parrish is a former American football safety that played nine seasons in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Chicago Bears in the second round of the 1998 NFL Draft with the 35th overall pick. He played college football at the University of Washington. He was an Associated Press All-Pro in 2003, and is listed on the 49ers' All-2000s team. Parrish was also a member of the San Francisco 49ers, Dallas Cowboys, and Las Vegas Locomotives.

Nathan Parker "Nate" Quarry is a retired American mixed martial artist. He appeared on “The Ultimate Fighter” well as co-hosted the television show “MMA Uncensored Live.”

Executive producers of “Bushido Battleground” are George Chung and Andy Horne. Chung is the CEO and co-founder of JUNGOTV and is a former five-time world martial arts champion and member of the Black Belt Hall of Fame. Horne was co-producer on “Blade” and “Blade II” and developed “La Femme Nikita” and the animated series “Spawn”.
    Looks like Nate is at the Reclining Buddha in Wat Po in Bangkok. Been there, taken that same photo.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Way of the Turkey Thanksgiving Marathon 2017

I'm so proud to be a part of the El Rey Network family. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

El Rey dropped from Sling and Dish

El Rey Network is under Univision Communications. I heard it was dropped from Sling, and the Dish drop likely affects El Rey too. Nasty timing because it's the finals for the World Cup, and Univision had the best coverage in the U.S. Hope this gets resolved before the 2nd season of Man at Arms: Art of War premieres (scheduled for later this summer).

Univision channels blocked from Dish, companies blame each other
    The standoff is bad news for Spanish-language viewers.
    BY MARRIAN ZHOU
    JULY 2, 2018 12:24 PM PDT

Univision

A standoff between Dish and Univision may last indefinitely, leaving US Spanish-language viewers in the dark.

Over the weekend, Univision networks and stations disappeared from Dish. Both companies blame each other for the outage.

On Monday, New York-based Univision said in a release that Dish dropped most of Univision's networks and stations from its streaming service indefinitely on Saturday. The removal of its channels followed Colorado-based Dish's rejection of a Univision offer to an extend an existing contract, the network said.

Earlier, Dish disputed that account, saying Univision was trying to gain leverage in a contract dispute by withholding its programming.

Univision is attempting to increase the rate it charges Dish by roughly 75 percent, Dish said on Saturday. The Spanish-language network blocked Dish users' access to its flagship Univision network, as well as its Galavision and UniMás channels, Dish said. Univision also blocked Dish's Sling users from accessing all Univision channels, it said.

"Univision's attempted price hikes target Hispanics despite the fact that fewer members of our community are watching Univision," Alfredo Rodríguez Diaz-Marta, vice president of DishLATINO and Sling Latino, said in a release. "We call on Univision to return its signal to Dish, DishLATINO and Sling TV customers as soon as possible."

Univision said additional affected stations include Univision Deportes Network, El Rey Network, TLNovelas and Foro TV.

"Despite the success of our programming with its customers, Dish insists on paying Univision only a fraction of what it pays our English-language peers, including some with far fewer viewers," Jessica Herrera-Flanigan, vice president of corporate affairs at Univision, said in the release.

"We stand by ready to find a path forward when Dish is ready to truly negotiate," said Bobby Amirshahi, senior vice president of corporate communications at Univision, in an email statement.
    THREADS:
    Man at Arms: Art of War
    El Rey Network and Shaw Brothers
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips