Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Recently discovered boxer rebellion reveals a new picture of chan ngau sing

Blog Entries
    I don't know, i'm on the fence about this one. could this be an older version on the left of the younger version on the right? one obvious thing is the nose. but the shapes of the lips, eyes and eyebrows are pretty on point.

Name:  possible.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  81.8 KB
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Greetings,

hskwarrior,

The disconnect in the left eyebrow of both images are consistent with each other. Also, both images contain a similar forward tilt of the head. Also, the central figure has something internal going on because he is not reacting to the cold the way that the other two are. I see the consistency with the eyes. It is the left eyebrow that confirms it for me that they are one and the same.

If only I could hit the lottery like this.

By the was, I saw both group images up for sale (individually) at e bay a few years ago. Go figure.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-23-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    all good. the nose is my only issue, but someone said if it were broken then it's possible
    i was thinking that at the same time he said it.

but everything other than the nose is pretty similar. this quest is pretty fun.

the fut san home base is pretty excited about this too. they also think i'm onto somethnig

Blog Entries
    yeah he might have some good internal. i know the cold never used to bother me when i was younger.

Blog Entries
    Mickey,

tell me what you think about this. that guy you noticed in the back looking off to the right, do you think he looks like the guy behind who i believe is chan sing (in the lighter clothes) to his right? he looks like the guy looking off to the right. i think...

Name:  1517483_10152059268067732_2092838943_n.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  79.0 KB
    Name:  86d7f4f2gw1e12ffr05jfj.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  100.1 KB

Hi,

I am a little confused by your instruction.

In the photo with the British guy, I think the person is Chan Ngau Sing. His paleness really throws things off; yet, he has the same shoulder misalignment as the other two images of him. I was wondering if he was injured and lost blood.

If my response does not answer your question please let me know.

Where did you get the image of the little boy? Was it from the photo with the British guy? That really throws things off time wise unless the boy is a son. Additionally, that photo had me wondering if Chan Ngau Sing was at least bilingual.

I am going to pass out. Catch you in the morning.

mickey

Blog Entries
    THIS is what i was asking. do you think these two may look like each other?
    i'm not sure but i'm learning more towards yes than no.

Name:  side by side.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  75.1 KB

Blog Entries
    This is my suspicion

Greetings,

1 and 1:more than likely the same

2 and 2: Different. Maybe same family clan. The point that corresponds to the kidneys near the eyes differ in location.

3 and 3: Father and son. While it may not be mentioned in your oral histories, to declare a family would be a dangerous thing for a revolutionary to do. If you took a look at that boy, he has been well taken care of. He looks healthier that the others. And both he and Chan Ngau Sing appear apprehensive about being in that photo. The others are comfortable with it. For me there is a connection between the two: that Chan Ngau Sing has stepped forward in the boy's care and development in the absence of his father. Of course, this is speculative. But it explains the differences that you see when comparing the photo of him and the soldier standing in the center of the other photo.

Chan Ngau Sing's 3/4 turn really throws things off on how he looks. It makes him look much thinner than he really is.

In my opinion, the photo with the three standing soldiers would be older that the photo with the British guy.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-24-2014 at 07:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Name:  wet2a.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  79.0 KB

Hi,

I thought so, too, until I saw where you got the image from. Never once did I ever view the center soldier image as YOUNGER than Chan Ngau Sing, even when I saw the photo on ebay a few years ago. I see the soldier photo as older that the group photo. In my opinion the center soldier is older by a bit, yet is very strong. I will still say father and son.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-24-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Blog Entries
    I might agree to the father and son of the pic of the guy in the middle of the three guy photo. the one with the dai do. Chan Ngau Sing IMO is the guy on the left. now i'm trying to fit the faces of people in both pictures.

Blog Entries
    For number 2: I think the pic on the left is prior to the one on the right. I think #2 looks older in the right side picture than the left. which might coincide with the father and son notion of #3.
    I do believe #2 in both pics are the same person, just one older and one younger, because of the eyebrows, nose, and mouth area. it just kinda pops out. oh, also the chin for #2.

Blog Entries
    The time frame i'm working with is the date of Cheung Hung Sing's passing in 1893 to Chan Sing's passing in 1926. no earlier no later.

Hi,

For photos number 2 are definitely not of the same person. The points that correspond to the kidneys are located differently on the face. One is located lower than the other. I agree the person in the left photo is much older. Additionally, he has a mustache. I suggested family clan member because of the strong similarities.

You may want to ask your contacts about whether there was someone that Chan Ngau Sing adopted or was custodian to. It will help identify the soldier in the middle. They might have something that will pull it together better than we can.

I was searching the net for more photos: no luck. One's best bet is to ask historians on that period. You made find out a lot more info and photographs.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-24-2014 at 12:36 PM.