Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently discovered boxer rebellion reveals a new picture of chan ngau sing

Blog Entries

Chan Ngau Sing: the possible discovery of more photo's.

i woke up this morning to a bunch of messages about a boxer rebellion photo i posted on facebook.
    someone asked if the guy on the left was chan ngau sing. I didn't think so at first, so i made a side by side and a superimposed
    picture of chan ngau sing andthe guy in the picture. Amazingly i believe i've found a new pic of our first successor of the
    Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon

Name:  chan ngau sing.jpg
Views: 1889
Size:  57.8 KB

This is the original photo

Name:  1517483_10152059268067732_2092838943_n.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  79.0 KB
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-23-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

These guys in the bottom picture look like they really used there Martial Arts and weapons in real combat in the warzone i guess agianst the Ching and Colonalist powers from the west like the USA and Europe in the 1890 s early 1900 hundreds .

Blog Entries
    The one on the left (chan ngau sing) is my gung fu elder. and yeah, they were involved with every major revolution in southern china, including the over throwing of the Qing Dynasty in 1911.
    was extremely feared by other gung fu masters all over southern China. He didn't mess around and he hated bad people. he was definitely a righteous man and fought for it as well

Greetings,

The two photos differ with the nose, upper lip, eyebrow, and cheekbone prominence. It is close though. I saw this picture a few years ago. I did not think this was a Boxer Rebellion photo. It looks more like an early 20th century photo, considering how long it took to hold the pose until the image was captured in the 19th century. If 19th century, the guy in the background with his head turned would be a blur. Do you really think that guy in the background was posing with his head turned for the picture?

For purposes of comparison, check out the photos of Abraham Lincoln, as well as stereo view cards from that era.

mickey
    Last edited by mickey; 11-19-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    This was most likely the Huizhou rebellion. For me, i see more of an on point resemblance immediately. the eyebrows are the same, the scar on the right side of the chin is the same, and their physical frame is the same. cheek bones are dead on IMO plus, the two photo's have different angles. also, none of it is overlapping or out of place. if there was big difference i would notice it. for now, im convinced.

i've already sent this to the mother school in Fut San, i'll wait to see what they say about it.

haha that guy has his head turned cause he is clearly looking at something.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-19-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Greetings,

You did say that the photo was a Boxer Rebellion photo. I shared info on why it may not be. Now, you have changed the time reference to fit your argument There is one glaring difference in the photo and it is the upper lip. The soldier does not have the "v" in his upper lip as with your ancestral photo (time will not smooth that out). And his eyes are more recessed, causing his eyebrows to cast a shadow. I can tell how excited you are about this. Take a good look at the upper lip.

I know how difficult it is to find photos of your ancestors. And they do have a way of finding you, even when you are not expecting them.

Good Luck with your research.

mickey

Blog Entries
    Greetings,

You did say that the photo was a Boxer Rebellion photo. I shared info on why it may not be. Now, you have changed the time reference to fit your argument There is one glaring difference in the photo and it is the upper lip. The soldier does not have the "v" in his upper lip as with your ancestral photo (time will not smooth that out). And his eyes are more recessed, causing his eyebrows to cast a shadow. I can tell how excited you are about this. Take a good look at the upper lip.

I know how difficult it is to find photos of your ancestors. And they do have a way of finding you, even when you are not expecting them.

Good Luck with your research.
    yes i did say that. i made a mistake in describing the photo. i corrected myself. you have an issue with me correcting myself? you can think what you want, i will do the same. I'm NOT searching for anything. someone pointed it out to me and YOU are the only person so far that thinks they don't match up. still, i'll wait for the answer from the mother school, but thanks for you participation.

Hi,

I loved that "YOU".

You are too much.

Peace Brother,

mickey

Blog Entries
    YOU YOU YOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOUYOU

hahahaha

Blog Entries
    Name:  cnsA.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  89.5 KB

Okay, YOU YOU YOU,

Now compare the mouths of each one with a set of photos. Notice the difference with the upper lip.

mickey

Blog Entries
    i can see the dip in the lip. LOL on the revolutionary. it's there. just hard to see.
    seriously i originally thought it wasn't him. someone pointed it out n i said no. but i felt like proving it to myself
    so i played with it. expected to prove it wrong. but its clear, this is most likely him. just no way to confirm

Blog Entries
    Name:  cns2222.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  87.7 KB

Greetings

One thing that may help you argument would be in finding out what kind of rifles the guys are holding. I don't know anything about guns. I hope for you and your Hung Sing peeps you are right. As I said previously, the ancestors have ways of making themselves known.

When I first saw the photo a few years ago, I thought the guy standing center was Kwan Saihung from the Wandering Taoist trilogy. I let that thought go.

mickey

Blog Entries
    This photo was taken in 1900 give or take a few. my elder was alive and kicking and very active revolutionary wise during this time.
    this picture is most like from the Huizhou uprising.