Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recently discovered boxer rebellion reveals a new picture of chan ngau sing

Blog Entries
    now, my question next would be, are the other guys he's with hung sing guys? we had our own dai do group then
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Id like to know who the guy in the middle of the picture is and was he good with that horse cutting knife or sword ? I mean the Sword or Horse knife on his back that is what it is isnt it ?
    Last edited by Firehawk4; 11-20-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    the big horse choppin dai Do... yup. from what i hear those who used that weapon were wicked with it.

Greetings,

I did some reading on the Huizhou uprising.

It took place during the months of October and November. It was short lived.

The problem is that that picture of those soldiers was taken during winter. If you pay attention to the body language of the soldier on the right, his upper body is curled forward from the cold. The soldier in the center is squeezing his hands and the person of your interest is hiding his left hand. They are wearing winter wear. Can you explain the turbans? When I saw the photo a few years ago, I concluded that these men might be Muslims.

And still, if you compare the mouths there is a difference. I looked at the soldier really hard since my last post. His face is relaxed, considering the weather, yet, you can see his teeth. There is a difference; yet, I am hopeful for you.

mickey

Greetings,

there was one thing that I did not take into consideration and that is the passage of time. So, I hope that both photos are of the same person. I have been studying those photos so hard my eyes hurt. This will be my last post her unless hskwarrior starts with that YOU YOU YOU stuff.

Good Luck!

mickey

Blog Entries
    You you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you you

Blog Entries
    And still, if you compare the mouths there is a difference. I looked at the soldier really hard since my last post. His face is relaxed, considering the weather, yet, you can see his teeth. There is a difference; yet, I am hopeful for you.

mickey
    there are MORE similarities in the mouth than differences. i don't know what you're seeing. or maybe you just don't want to believe it no matter what. Turns were part of Chinese revolution and has nothing to do with religion.

Greetings,

Since my last post, I took the time to find a better photo of your ancestor. I found a clearer photo at Doc Fai Wong's site. I saw the similarities better. I also saw the info that you had put up on u tube. I am standing with you on this one. Even if the photo is from a different incident, I have no doubts about it being him any more.

http://plumblossom.net/ChoyLiFut/channgau-sing.html

Sincerely,

mickey

Blog Entries
    ok that's great to hear

Blog Entries
    This is a picture directly related to Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon. At first i didn't see it either until the original photo. then i looked at this one and
    i believe the guy in the lighter clothes is also chan ngau sing

Name:  86d7f4f2gw1e12ffr05jfj.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  cns possiblyaaa.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  74.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Name:  cns possiblyaaasaxxy.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  84.2 KB

the progression of these pictures are as follows: 1900-1915-1921
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-30-2014 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    This is a picture directly related to Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon. At first i didn't see it either until the original photo. then i looked at this one and
    i believe the guy in the lighter clothes is also chan ngau sing

Name:  86d7f4f2gw1e12ffr05jfj.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  100.1 KB

Name:  cns possiblyaaa.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  74.8 KB
    Hi, hsk.

Is that a Westerner (a German or a British?) seated in the center?

Cool thread. I enjoy seeing these Ching-era photographs.

*edit to add: On closer examination, I don't think that's a Westerner.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-21-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    he could be british....idk. good question.

Greetings,

hskwarrior, if you check out the soldier's photo and the ancestral photo, the shoulders also line up.

I went on the inner planes last night and asked why your ancestor would go on the frontline the response I got was:

1- He would not have it any other way.

2- He led by example.

3- He walked his talk.

Also provided was also the suggestion that Sun Yat Sen had the support of the British, which explains the type of rifles. It also explained why your ancestor could easily escape to Hong Kong. This info was provided to give insight to your ancestor's mental state when he saw a British person maltreating a Chinese person in Hong Kong. It was something like betrayal and RAGE.

mickey

Blog Entries
    yeah i noticed the shoulder line up as well. the left shoulder rises higher than the right.
    now i'm dealing with the new photo. I feel it looks like him, has the same facial marks as our ancestor, also has the same shoulder marker.

the inner planes huh. you got it like that?

yeah the vide we all get about Chan Sing was that he was feared all over southern China. He hated bad people. but would never back down from a fight.
    when our founder (Cheung Hung Sing) was in his late 60's he was said to have lost his fight challenge match, by one stroke. Chan Sing was so ****ed about it
    that he went and challenged that guy and killed him in the match.

many of our masters were in league with Brother Sun Yat Sen. a few were even personal bodyguards for our brother Sun. In Fut San, Hung Sing Kwoon was the top dog in the area, and Chan Sing was the boss of all bosses.
    he did get kicked out of hong kong for beating up a british police officer. he was always a fighter. When we went to go and recruit him, he shot us down saying he could easily defeat Cheung Hung Sing. but he couldn't so he joined our school back then. It was under his guidance that our mother school grew to become the largest, most structured, and longest running schoool of gung fu during its time.

See if you can find my Dragon on the planes. only one other person was able to do that.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-21-2014 at 10:21 PM.