Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Circles vs Straight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Wei Wu View Post
    Great post(s) Andrew.

I assumed the debate was lines vs. curved motions, but I like the idea of spirals or helix structures underlying the structures. Lots of parallels in various disciplines - kundalini energy work: idea of coiled serpent at base of spine, or further developments within the field of fascia research and how (quite literally) the layers run through our body in helix formations. The idea of fascia stretching ties neatly into the internal exercises of various Gung Fu styles involving relaxation (dissolving muscular tension) and carrying out spiralling motions like silk reeling.

Yield to Reality's spiral.
    We owe it our existence Where did Reality come from?
    – Tao Te Ching translation by David K. Reynolds 7

Suki
    Cheers Suki.

I had not considered these sorts of parallels. In some ways I prefer the metaphorical analogies like this to discussing purely physical shapes and movements. IMO trying to reduce complex human movement to undergraduate level physics and applied mathematics does not serve anyone well.

I've explored yoga a little this past year. Kundalini has always intrigued me, I see parallels with experiences and activities in my youth which I will not spell out (not for any arcane purpose ... they were in the early 1970s and not exactly legal but victimless, hopefully you get my drift). I'm doing some basic pranayama and meditation, but remain reluctant to delve too deep or in haste for fear of blowing some sort of spiritual gasket.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Cheers Suki.

I had not considered these sorts of parallels. In some ways I prefer the metaphorical analogies like this to discussing purely physical shapes and movements. IMO trying to reduce complex human movement to undergraduate level physics and applied mathematics does not serve anyone well.

I've explored yoga a little this past year. Kundalini has always intrigued me, I see parallels with experiences and activities in my youth which I will not spell out (not for any arcane purpose ... they were in the early 1970s and not exactly legal but victimless, hopefully you get my drift). I'm doing some basic pranayama and meditation, but remain reluctant to delve too deep or in haste for fear of blowing some sort of spiritual gasket.
    Gee Andrew, I always took you as the spiritual type

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Gee Andrew, I always took you as the spiritual type
    Hopefully having a spiritual bent does not require one to be a total airhead as well
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!