Thread: I found it a nightmare to register an account for this place

I found it a nightmare to register an account for this place

Whilst I would like to thank you guys for approving my account, I do want to offer some feedback on this process of registering for this forum.

Without any doubt, this was the most difficult registration process I have ever had to undergo.

The main problem here is the question(s) you get asked, as you are registering your account.

It wasn't obvious at all to me who your main forum sponsor was, nor when I was alternatively asked the name of the magazine associated with this forum, whether or not you wanted the word "magazine" to be included in the answer.

Also considering one sees "KungFu Magazine.com" at the top of the forum, it again wasn't clear whether the answer was simply "Kung Fu" magazine, or "KungFu" magazine with no space between the "Kung" & the "Fu".

Of course the answer also included the words "Tai Chi".

When I was having all these difficulties, I couldn't find a way to contact anyway about this either for clarity.

If I wasn't so interested in the subject matter, I would not have bothered to keep trying to create an account, but you guys must be losing so many potential members, it ain't funny.

Sure you want to avoid spammers, but your current measures are very counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn Mantis View Post
    Whilst I would like to thank you guys for approving my account, I do want to offer some feedback on this process of registering for this forum.

Without any doubt, this was the most difficult registration process I have ever had to undergo.

The main problem here is the question(s) you get asked, as you are registering your account.

It wasn't obvious at all to me who your main forum sponsor was, nor when I was alternatively asked the name of the magazine associated with this forum, whether or not you wanted the word "magazine" to be included in the answer.

Also considering one sees "KungFu Magazine.com" at the top of the forum, it again wasn't clear whether the answer was simply "Kung Fu" magazine, or "KungFu" magazine with no space between the "Kung" & the "Fu".

Of course the answer also included the words "Tai Chi".

When I was having all these difficulties, I couldn't find a way to contact anyway about this either for clarity.

If I wasn't so interested in the subject matter, I would not have bothered to keep trying to create an account, but you guys must be losing so many potential members, it ain't funny.

Sure you want to avoid spammers, but your current measures are very counterproductive.
    Welcome! You have passed thru the 9 Chambers! Perseverance knows no obstacles, make yourself at home!

Welcome, let me tell you a story

It was a sunny day in shaoshi mountain, the shaolin monks were practicing as every day the ancient ways of kung fu, without knowing that soon they will be crossing paths with RM, a guy from abroad, that traveled to the shaolin temple, not just to learn kung fu, but also to complaint about them.

RM: Greetings great abbot, I come from far far away, seeking for the ancient ways of kung fu.
    Abbot: May you be welcome, here you can find all that you need, and we will be happy to share our knowledge with you as long as you have the strength and the determination to follow our ways.
    RM: I will great abbot. Buuutt.... let me tell you that it was not easy to get here, you know, why are you so far away in china? You are a whole ocean from America, and don't even have a subsidiary out of China, you know that you are loosing a bunch of pottencial disciples?, that want to learn with you and you don't even have any information office, that's insane, I just had to get here for my own and nobody pick me at the airport. And I choose you over the Wudang temple just beacause they have soo many stairs, come on, that's whith them and the stairs?, they would make more proffit just by putting escalators. You know I whoudn't pass all this if I wasn't so interested in learning kung fu..... and what's with the chinese? why you write all those drawings, can't you just speak english or something?
    Abbot: ohhh young grasshoper, some things are just what they are, just be happy that you made it, maybe there is a reason for everybody to go through all this.

@RM,

I agree with everything you said.

Seriously, took me ages and ages to register.

You are correct to be annoyed. It would be fine if there were trials to join the forum and they were challenging on an intellectual level, but these trials are frustrating because they can only be completed through guess work instead of through intellection. I had to try every permutation of how to write the various things before registering properly. At that time I was confused, who was the sponsor? TigerClaw? Martial arts mart? How do you write it, which permutation?

People may think it is ungrateful to complain since we are getting a free forum, but at the same time a forum survives because of contributions and criticism is necessary for improvement. Second to this it is impious to the Gods to abandon logic.
    問「武」。曰:「克。」未達。曰:「勝己之私之謂克。」

so can anybody post up the answers here please... It took me ages to register too, and recently I forgot my password and went through the whole process again. Now I have a friend who is asking me and I cant remember for the life of me the right way to type it.

Autobot 101

It is good anti spammer troll fu, they have to really want the eye of the tiger to reach all of heavens glory!

Welcome to the forum, Reborn Mantis!

Our membership acceptance procedure is rigorous because this is a large forum and has suffered numerous spambot attacks in the past, many so harsh that it crippled our site for days. Plus this is a martial arts forum, so if you expect easy, perhaps you are in the wrong place.

Frankly, if you don't know the name of our magazine or our primary sponsor, you have no right being here. That's the only thing we request of our members - knowing who is paying for the rent to keep this bad boy running. It's not much to ask when you think about it. And believe me when I say we have plenty of members. In fact, we could lose a few at this point. I have quite a few in mind.

FWIW, we approve over a dozen new members each week. Each of them have managed to successfully complete the registration process.

In regards to contacting the site, you'll find a 'Contact Us' button at the bottom of our navigation bar on the home page of our website KungFuMagazine.com. I get maybe one or two inquiries a week about the registration questions.

I'm sorry it was so troublesome for you to register, and while I endeavor to be welcoming to all nooBs here, I must say posting this thread reminds me of those practitioners who complain that sparring hurts after their very first session. Honestly, everyone else here made it through, just like everyone else who spars knows how it feels.

I look forward to your future posts on our forum here. Welcome again!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart