.........Name:  AAASAAA.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  99.8 KB
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Info about Monk Ching Cho. "ching cho monk. When the temple was built in bat pai san he became a monk at age 56 under the monk heng yan whom was the head instructor of the 36 chambers of shaolin"

Name:  Capturettttttt.PNG
Views: 657
Size:  41.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    .........Name:  AAASAAA.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  99.8 KB
    Thanks for posting that, Frank.

I remember reading a book (was it DFW's?) that said the 'Fut' (Buddha) part of CLF was added to the name to pay homage to the art's Buddhist roots, but it made no mention of a Fut Gar connection. Which IMO always seemed a bit odd. Your info absolutely makes sense.

BTW, I'm still looking forward to your book! The world needs a really good book on CLF.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-28-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for posting that, Frank.

I remember reading a book (was it DFW's?) that said the 'Fut' (Buddha) part of CLF was added to the name to pay homage to the art's Buddhist roots, but it made no mention of a Fut Gar connection. Which IMO always seemed a bit odd. Your info absolutely makes sense.

BTW, I'm still looking forward to your book! The world needs a really good book on CLF.
    Thanks bro.

Until a recently, For Chan family CLF it was always Choy & Lee with Fut meaning buddha. For Cheung Hung Sing's lineage we have Choy, Lee, and Fut Gar Kuen. IMO, CLF wants to remain relevant so they adopted our Fut Gar meaning on Fut. i've also noticed chan heung schools changing their style name from CLF to Hung Sing CLF. Chan Heung didn't create Hung Sing CLF. Cheung Hung Sing created Hung Sing CLF.

When i post things on the Green Grass Monk, it's to demonstrate that Cheung Hung Sings lineage did not concoct the Green Grass Monk to elevate ourselves. we have always just told our own story the way we know it.

my book had to be put on hold for the moment in order for me to navigate through this mess i'm going through right now

Thanks, Frank.

Well, I hope everything resolves itself for the best. Whenever you're able to get around to the book is all good. I'll buy one whenever it becomes available, regardless.

Personally I think when the term "Fut Gar" is used with regard to CLF it really is referring to "Buddhist Family" and not necessarily the style "Fut Gar". Same goes with Choy - from Choy Fook. People use "Choy Gar" but I think they are just paying homage to Choy Fook using it in that way and again not necessarily the style "Choy Gar".

For me the "fut" refers to Buddhist roots and thus the connection to Siu Lum Gee.

Just my 2 cents.

Blog Entries
    right, your roots are more chan heung than Cheung Hung Sing. from that side it's always been said the FUT in choy lee fut was intended to honor the buddhist roots (not the style of Fut Gar). As far back as i can remember, Cheung Yim's lineage claims we put the FUT in choy lee fut (meaning the fut gar). Choy Lee Fut's usaged of "Fut Gar" is a recent issue claiming it came from chan yuen wu. However, many chan fam people have documented he (chan yuen wu) taught "Hung Kuen" later the claim was it was "Fut Gar" now it is called "Hung Fut".

Hung Kuen Mention: "At the age of seven, his uncle, Chan Yuen Woo, taught him in the art of the Hung Fist."

Fut Gar mention: "and his uncle Chan Yuen-Woo 陳遠護who taught him Fut Gar"

Hung Fut Mention: 陈远护乃少林俗家弟子,骠师出身,曾师从广东肇庆鼎湖山庆云寺的“独杖禅师”,为“洪佛拳”高手,