Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone recognize this Wing Chun Master???

Blog Entries

Anyone recognize this Wing Chun Master???

I believe the Wing Chun Master is in the black on the left. This picture depicts a union between the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon and the Wing Chun (兴义、群义、勇义、忠义、英义、聚义武馆) schools in Fut San. They were at war with each other and I believe this was the picture taken when they unified for a righteous purpose.

anyone recognize the guy in black?

Name:  86d7f4f2gw1e12ffr05jfj.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  100.1 KB
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

188o's Breach-load type rifles. Would be great to find out his identity. Considering his clothing, he is a Master of historic importance, possibly the best photo of a WingChun Master from that early on. Someone with Master Fung Siu-Ching status.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-29-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Curious as to what's up with all the transits? Were they involved with some building project or survey?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

Yes, and to figure out who the Brit is may lead to documentation of the event and parties present.

Blog Entries
    this is a brief run down on why this picture exists. I believe this picture was between the years of 1921 and 1926.

This is a short summary on why this picture exists: In Fut San before the liberation there were two opposing martial art factions. On one side you had the Hung Sing Kwoon and Chan Sing’s Lo Chung Lion Dance club along with Yuè ān shè, xié lián shè, yuǎn lián shè děng, yě chēng wèi shè zì pài. On the other side you have the rival factions of Xingyi (兴义), Qun Yi (群义) , Yong justice (勇义), loyalty (忠义), the British justice (英义) ie The british guy...... , Jiu Yi Mo Kwoon (聚义武馆) merged together to form the “All Righteousness Society” and formed the Lion Dance Club called Zhāo Jìng (Hòu hébìng wèi “zhòng yì”) hé wàiwéi shī huì “zhāo jìng”). These two factions have been fiercely fighting for decades since the Qing Dynasty. Their disputes were not mere factionalism, but a battle between two progressive forces.
    Fut San was a industrial center for art and handicrafts but closed down after the Opium War because of massive unemployment and were impacted by foreign goods. Because of political changes, inflation, and the threat of warlords made the peoples lives more difficult. On the other hand, the capitalists were reaping the rewards by colluding with the reactionary trade unions and the triad. The federation of trade unions in Guangzhou at the time were controlled by the Loyalty and Righteousness Martial Arts school who were used to oppress the workers. All of the people who wanted to stand against the oppression joined the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon or the Lo Chung Lion Dance group to learn self defense. The battles between these two factions were getting increasingly fierce.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 11-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.

I'm pretty sure the only thing tongs do nowadays is make sure Chinese restaurants don't pay out tips to their waiters.
    The gwailo in the image looks like he's holding out his helmet for tips.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Um... prolly just a warm summer day (they had to hold very still for the photo, don't want to look like you are sweating bullets) and helmet off to show air of friendliness and cooperation. Notice the excellent same choice in footware by both Masters_ even though neither of them smiled for the photo document. A general "distrust " between many of the lineages of the day. http://chinesemartialstudies.com/201...-martial-arts/
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-30-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    There were some seriously deadly battles with heavy casualties on both sides. they literally couldn't stand each other. there was also supposed to be a huge fight between them going to take place but in 1927 Chian Kai Shek closed down the hung sing kwoon so the fight never happened.

I am very curious to whom the guy in black is. In my founders time (1851) the leading martial artist in Fut San was Leung Jan. He challenged our founder Cheung Hung Sing to a closed door duel using the staff. In the end, Cheung Hung Sing was allowed to open his school. These two became good friends. So, who came after Leung Jan because chan ngau sing as seen in this picture was the successor to Cheung Hung Sing's lineage. So around 1921 or so, who was the main Wing Chun guy in Fut San?

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    I believe the Wing Chun Master is in the black on the left. This picture depicts a union between the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon and the Wing Chun (兴义、群义、勇义、忠义、英义、聚义武馆) schools in Fut San. They were at war with each other and I believe this was the picture taken when they unified for a righteous purpose.

anyone recognize the guy in black?

Name:  86d7f4f2gw1e12ffr05jfj.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  100.1 KB
    Well here is his ancestor........... http://masterwongacademy.com/

The Wing Chun Master in the picture is Ng Chung So.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    ----------

Wow- thanks Hunt 1

Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    Based on comparison photo that may not exist, it may not be able to substantiate entirely but I think hunt1 is probably correct, based on Yiu Choi family records and the attire of the WingChun Master (much the same as adopted by Master Yip Man later on). http://chinesemartialstudies.com/201...-of-wing-chun/
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 11-30-2014 at 04:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    awesome
    ./....

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Based on comparison photo that may not exist, it may not be able to substantiate entirely but I think hunt is probably correct, based on Yiu Choi family records and the attire of the WingChun Master (much the same as adopted by Master Yip Man later on). http://chinesemartialstudies.com/201...-of-wing-chun/
    ---------------------
    Interesting article- thanks.

* Note comments for that same link at bottom of article. (post #12).