Thread: Warrior Headbutting

Warrior Headbutting

I'd like to share a story from my famed warrior quest.

I travelled to Brazil to learn from the Brazilian Ju Jutsu masters in order to complement my style. I was back in my flat one day after several months training at the Pedro Dojo in Rio, when I looked out of the window. In the distance I noticed a robbery was being committed by some bruisers with machetes. Now, I do not advise doing what I did next, but I was young and full of elite courage... So, I ran after the gang and within minutes I was in the heart of Rocinha, the most treacherous favela in the city. "Hey pretty boy, why don't you show us what what ya made of?" I heard shouted at me from behind.

I turned and saw he was armed with a machete.

Now, earlier in my warrior quest I studied with some masters in Scotland, and one showed me the famous Glasgow Kiss method, in which you slam your forehead into the opponent's face.

"Listen hoodlum, I'm giving you the choice - run or face the fist." He laughed, scoffing at my every word, before approaching me and taking a swing with the machete. I grabbed his forearm on the inside but he threw a hook from the other side, which I blocked. Now, I was took close to kick and my weight was forward making a knee impossible. I remembered my elite training in the 'land of a thousand words' (Scotland) and immediately headbutted him in the face.

It turned out I had the last laugh.

My question is, why isn't the headbutt relied on more in street fighting? It seems to be an invaluable move...

gotta call BS on this one

What kind of fool calls a perp with a machete 'hoodlum'?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gene,
    How can you possibly call BS? Remember, you are in a Mega Fist thread.

There needs to be a troll reunion. Where is dimmakseminar and BTL?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

pazman, you are a hoodlum

If you open that ugly can of troll worms, I have no choice but to headbutt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Champion View Post
    "Listen hoodlum, I'm giving you the choice - run or face the fist."
    Don't you mean 'fist the face'? It's headbutting after all.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

the answer is quite obvious to me. Only one in tune with the eye of the spiritual tiger will have the insight and fortitude within their warrior soul to spontaneously summon a head butt delivery. The fact that you were able to gift that ruffian with a butting of your head shows true warrior foresight.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Maybe it's just me, but I find his style of trolling entirely too contrived...almost tedious...
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

It's pretty interesting how I share a hair-raising story from my famed warrior quest (in which I became a champion), and ask a perfectly reasonable question about the use of warrior headbutting, and all I get back is tomfoolery. Many systems that actually work well on the street - like the Keysi Fighting Method for instance - rely heavily on this method. Furthermore, I've actually used the so-called 'Glasgow Kiss' on numerous other occasions, once even to dodge a bullet. I guess I've proven you wrong - Look who's laughing now...

Mega_Champion,
    I've always heard wing chun is for fighting, baji is for spiritual. Have you been on a spirit quest? Is it documented on video?
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

er, HB's are used all the time.

not sure what warrior/champion style you train/created/founded.

I call it Warrior-Jutsu. It's essentially a summation of everything I learned on my warrior quest.