I couldn't make it on opening night to see Jet Li's new movie, so I decided to go Saturday. A couple of friends and I dropped by the box office an hour early to pick up tickets, since this is the only theatre around for about 15 miles. Anyway, the chick at the counter said they were sold out. An hour before the show?

What ****es me off about this was not the fact that they were sold out. What ****es me off is that this past summer, Tomb Raider was displayed at this same theatre on 3 screens at the same time, Planet of the Apes was shown on 3 screens at the same time, and Jurassic Park was shown on 2 at the same time. And yet The One, one of this seasons biggest pictures is shown on only one, meaning that when the show is sold out, it's really sold out.

OHHHHHH...but the story gets worse. Not only was the last showing on Saturday sold out, but they are not showing the film again until Friday! ******* Friday! For Pete's sake, people, who in the name of **** shows one of the hottest pictures of the season only two days a week when the ******* theatre is open 7 days a week?!!!

Now, I realize that Romeo Must Die literally made some people ask for their money back. And I also know that Kiss of the Dragon didn't do so well in this area. (Not the film's fault. The *******s at this theatre showed it on one of their smaller screens and did not advertise that they were showing the film.) But the fact is that this film has been really hyped up, and a lot of people are dying to get in to see it. I think that Monsters Inc. can be shown on less than 2 screens, and so can some of the other crap out there. And on top of that, I think that if you're going to show all the big films, you should show all the big films every ******* day you're open!

I mean, Jesus Christ, people! How much money do they make off the crowd that goes to see Jet Li in this area?! $7.25 for admission, $4 for popcorn, $3 for candy, another $4 for a coke. And that's not to mention all the money their game company makes off of people hanging out in the lobby playing video games while they wait to rush to the good seats, and yes, there are good seats, even in a theatre with stadium seating. Bloody Hell, I go into the theatre with a 20 in my pocket and come out broke.

I was willing last night to go to a crappier theatre just to see this movie, but oh no! The only two other theatres in the area shut down about 2 years ago BEFORE this theatre opened. They just gave up, man! The closest theatre to this one was about 15 miles away, and I had already driven 10 miles to get there!