Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new wing chun revolution has started in the west

Blog Entries

Revolution? Seems more like opportunists looking to cash in on poorly trained chunners and poorly trained chunners looking for a magic formula. Buncha yahoos jealous of genuine yip man wing tsun looking to create a name for themselves and carve out a niche in the wing tsun world.

[QUOTE=Bai Chi;1279236]Revolution? Seems more like opportunists looking to cash in on poorly trained chunners and poorly trained chunners looking for a magic formula.

Very on point Bai Chi.

I doubt that Phil wants a couple minutes of his vast background being used to promote this.

Why don't vid's show the other half of force flow?
    Last edited by hunt1; 12-13-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt1 View Post
    Very on point Bai Chi. I doubt that Phil wants a couple minutes of his vast background being used to promote this.

First off I don't think Phil is a naive poorly trained wing chun sifu as you've suggested above, I believe he has spent over 40 plus years in the art. I don't think Phil would have travelled to San Jose to learn from Hendrik if he believed there was nothing to learn. I have over 25 years experience in the art of wing chun, I wouldn't have travelled to San Jose to learn from Hendrik if I felt there was nothing there to learn. Phil Romero, Alan Orr, Dave mckinnon, Sergio Iadarola , Jim Roselando, Robert Chu, Delroi Flood and myself are all senior wing chun instructors. Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you visit Robert Chu to learn from him at one point? As a collective there is more than 100 years of wing chun experience are amongst us, clearly there is something to what Hendrik is sharing.

Why don't vid's show the other half of force flow?
    Not sure what you mean this??? perhaps you can explain what you are referring to. everything is on the video if you know what to look for, but of course there are others elements that are not visible on video which needs to be felt.
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 12-17-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Requesting fight footage.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

[QUOTE=kung fu fighter;1279242]

First off I don't think Phil is a naive poorly trained wing chun sifu as you've suggested above, I believe he has spent over 40 plus years in the art. I don't think Phil would have travelled to San Jose to learn from Hendrik if he believed there was nothing to learn. I have over 25 years experience in the art of wing chun, I wouldn't have travelled to San Jose to learn from Hendrik if I felt there was nothing there to learn. Phil Romero, Alan Orr, Dave mckinnon, Sergio Iadarola , Jim Roselando, Robert Chu, Delroi Flood and myself are all senior wing chun instructors. Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't you visit Robert Chu to learn from him at one point? As a collective there is more than 100 years of wing chun experience are amongst us, clearly there is something to what Hendrik is sharing.

Not sure what you mean this??? perhaps you can explain what you are referring to. everything is on the video if you know what to look for, but of course there are others elements that are not visible on video which needs to be felt.

Thanks for the clips Navin..I'm glad you finally put up a video of yourself. Nicely done.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=stonecrusher69;1279245]
    Quote Originally Posted by kung fu fighter View Post

Thanks for the clips Navin..I'm glad you finally put up a video of yourself. Nicely done.
    thanks Brother! I forgot to mention that Sifu Michael Mcilwrath also went to san Jose to learn from Hendrik as well and he is a senior wing chun instructor in NYC as well with well over 30 years of wing chun experience.

[QUOTE=kung fu fighter;1279242]

I never said he was, that is you putting words in my mouth, but since you're on the subject......Those that you mention, their years of experience do not shine them in a good light as having learned any depth to their prospective methods.

You are wrong, I never studied under Rob Chu. I have crossed hands with many chunners both famous and unknown and can clearly state that fame alone does not mean skill. Too many MAist rely on the reputation of their school or sifu instead of establishing themselves. The only thing to what Hendrik is sharing is opportunity for unknowns to become recognized and make some money by supporting those that are promoting this scam. If they truely had as much knowledge as you say they have, they would see right through this rubbish. The fact that they support it speaks volumes about their character and knowledge.

One question for you. If this is such a superior method, how come so many of you hang out on the message boards proding for info on various subjects related to wing tsun theory?

"The revolution will not be televised" - Gil Scott-Heron

"Nor will it be shown on Youtube" - anerlich
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    "The revolution will not be televised" - Gil Scott-Heron

"Nor will it be shown on Youtube" - anerlich
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh gee- the world will miss out again?

First things first we've got to restore the Ming. The Force Flow Rebellion is going to have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    First things first we've got to restore the Ming. The Force Flow Rebellion is going to have to wait.

----------------

You mean-it did not go by already?

I thought this forum was supposed to have changed and act more like decent human being..I guess that was a impermanent gesture...Ok carry on acting like 5 year old children..
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..