Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new wing chun revolution has started in the west

The real problem with 5 year old children is they can't subscribe to internet marketing sites so are not a potential source of revenue....

Well, they do think potty humor is funny. I guess that also is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stonecrusher69 View Post
    I thought this forum was supposed to have changed and act more like decent human being..I guess that was a impermanent gesture...Ok carry on acting like 5 year old children..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

????Navin comparing Hendrik's snake body engine to Gallileo's paradigm shift and a revolution in the west is presumptuous
    and immature history.
    The forum had changed briefly with Hendrik making one of his departures.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post

????Navin comparing Hendrik's snake body engine to Gallileo's paradigm shift and a revolution in the west is presumptuous
    and immature history.
    The more mature way of putting it....

and immature history.
    No one said you have to agree with the videos,but at least act your age..At least Navin took the time to put something together and present it unlike you who only contributes hot air...See now I'm acting your age...haha
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

No one said you have to agree with the videos,but at least act your age..At least Navin took the time to put something together and present it unlike you who only contributes hot air...See now I'm acting your age...haha
    -----------------------------------------

Does the above deserve an answer? I think not.

And somewhere, all those people that have ever fought with wing chun and bleed, turn over in their graves !
    LOL
    If the new revolution is about taking basic principles that virtually everyone does ( in almost every MA by the way) and putting a "new label" on it, then well done !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Well tell hin to use a better choice of words. If he said, "here's how our guys train Hendricks way" then that's fine. I'm sure you would even get feedback, responses etc

But use the word "revolution" and you are suggesting there is something wrong with the old way. Red rag to a bull in my opinion but that's fine wave away...... These revolutionary clips are worth a chuckle on an otherwise dull Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    And somewhere, all those people that have ever fought with wing chun and bleed, turn over in their graves !
    LOL
    If the new revolution is about taking basic principles that virtually everyone does ( in almost every MA by the way) and putting a "new label" on it, then well done !!
    Exactly, maybe these 30 year plus veterans needed it explained to them by hendrik. Wow......

It's a wonderful cure for insomnia.

If you use the word "revolution" with those clips as evidence, you invite derision.

All the clips are working with compliant partners. At least Navin and Alan Orr showed something resembling fighting against resistance, for which they deserve respect.

Phil Romero grabbed ponytail guy by the wrists and lifted him up or pushed him away. Someone lets me get those grips on him, he's getting arm dragged, snapped down or headbutted. Push him away and give up those grips? Never. Phil might be awesome at Wing Chun, but those clips give no evidence of that.

Jim Roselando showing that if the guy is all tense he's easy to push, less so if he's relaxed? How revelatory! Show an application against resistance.

Dave McKinnon gave me some sound tactics if someone grabs my arm or fist and starts pushing. Which happens all the time on the mean streets of Sydney. He may be great at WC, but that's not possible to determine from this clip.

Sergio did stuff to neutralise some sycophants' not-too-hard pushes which bear uncanny resemblance to stuff I saw on an old Russian MA VHS tape about 12 years ago. I was begging someone to haul off and punch him in his smug face or double leg him.

Frankly, this stuff looks like basic to intermediate level taiji. From what I've seen on the clips, a half decent judo guy with a bit of boxing defence would murder everyone on these vids except maybe Navin and Alan.

We seem to be getting further away from actual fighting against a resisting opponent and more towards demonstrations, stunts, magic tricks, and "concepts" only understood by the "true initiates" who have had direct contact with "Master Hendrik" ... whereas to those ingrates left in outer darkness they look inconsequential and mostly unrelated to Wing Chun's alleged original purpose ... fighting.

Do I sound aggressive? Yeah. I'm far beyond uncritical acceptance of this stuff from Hendrik Santo and disappointed that people expect me to continue to put up with calling this a "revolution" when it's suspiciously like a latter day version of the Emperor's New Clothes.

This is not the way for Wing Chun to reclaim relevance.
    Last edited by anerlich; 12-15-2014 at 04:41 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    If you use the word "revolution" with those clips as evidence, you invite derision.

All the clips are working with compliant partners. At least Navin and Alan Orr showed something resembling fighting against resistance, for which they deserve respect.

Phil Romero grabbed ponytail guy by the wrists and lifted him up or pushed him away. Someone lets me get those grips on him, he's getting arm dragged, snapped down or headbutted. Push him away and give up those grips? Never. Phil might be awesome at Wing Chun, but those clips give no evidence of that.
    Jim Roselando showing that if the guy is all tense he's easy to push, less so if he's relaxed? How revelatory! Show an application against resistance.
    Dave McKinnon gave me some sound tactics if someone grabs my arm or fist and starts pushing. Which happens all the time on the mean streets of Sydney. He may be great at WC, but that's not possible to determine from this clip.
    Sergio did stuff to neutralise some sycophants' not-too-hard pushes which bear uncanny resemblance to stuff I saw on an old Russian MA VHS tape about 12 years ago. I was begging someone to haul off and punch him in his smug face or double leg him.
    Frankly, this stuff looks like basic to intermediate level taiji. From what I've seen on the clips, a half decent judo guy with a bit of boxing defence would murder everyone on these vids except maybe Navin and Alan.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We seem to be getting further away from actual fighting against a resisting opponent and more towards demonstrations, stunts, magic tricks, and "concepts" only understood by the "true initiates" who have had direct contact with "Master Hendrik" ... whereas to those ingrates left in outer darkness they look inconsequential and mostly unrelated to Wing Chun's alleged original purpose ... fighting.

Do I sound aggressive? Yeah. I'm far beyond uncritical acceptance of this stuff from Hendrik Santo and disappointed that people expect me to continue to put up with calling this a "revolution" when it's suspiciously like a latter day version of the Emperor's New Clothes.

This is not the way for Wing Chun to reclaim relevance.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good post. Agree with the individual distinctions made between the videos.I am also unclear what the common theme is- is everyone demonstrating snake engine, structure. motion and power source.??

PS- sorry to hear about the hostage crisis and the sad results in Australia, Could have been worse.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 12-15-2014 at 05:30 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Good post. Agree with the individual distinctions made between the videos.I am also unclear what the common theme is- is everyone demonstrating snake engine, structure. motion and power source.??

PS- sorry to hear about the hostage crisis and the sad results in Australia, Could have been worse.
    I'm not quite sure what the common theme is either, though presumably if we make the pilgrimage to Santo HQ, we'll be given the secret handshake.

Yes, the seige was a horrible business. Apparently the cafe manager saw the offender start to fall asleep and rushed him and his weapon, allowing nearly all the other hostages to escape, but sadly losing his own life. B@lls of steel. RIP.

Most of Sydney would have been glued to TV screens last night watching events. The police acted with huge competence, patience and restraint.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

If there is going to be a positive revolution in Wing Chun it's going to look more like this than any of those vids:

Name:  988451_826715344058128_1434564390018548247_n.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  67.5 KBName:  10628457_826388537424142_8479992290695738295_n.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  62.7 KB

Copied from Sifu Philip Redmond's Facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the common theme is either, though presumably if we make the pilgrimage to Santo HQ, we'll be given the secret handshake.

Yes, the seige was a horrible business. Apparently the cafe manager saw the offender start to fall asleep and rushed him and his weapon, allowing nearly all the other hostages to escape, but sadly losing his own life. B@lls of steel. RIP.

Most of Sydney would have been glued to TV screens last night watching events. The police acted with huge competence, patience and restraint.
    Yep, the police did a great job.

And i cant admire the young chap enough Andrew.... a real hero.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Yep, the police did a great job.

And i cant admire the young chap enough Andrew.... a real hero.
    -
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sure sounds like it.The police did a great job- rushed in after shots were being fired inside.

On - a different note related by religious fanaticism- over 120 people including school children were
    killed in Peshawar Pakistan with a Taliban group claiming "credit".

"Ideology" & beliefs matter and there are degrees of intensity of beliefs While there is intensity
    and conceptions of martyrdom in Shia- the jihadis are generally Sunni. Interesting that the terrorist in Sydney
    was originally a Shia who converted to Sunni.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 12-16-2014 at 09:20 AM.