Thread: Hung Gar & Choy Li Fut

Hung Gar & Choy Li Fut

Could someone outline in very simple terms the similarities and differences between these styles? I seem to remember Hung Gar is considered a purely Southern style whereas CLF has elements of Northern Shaolin in it - footwork and kicking perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Champion View Post
    Could someone outline in very simple terms the similarities and differences between these styles? I seem to remember Hung Gar is considered a purely Southern style whereas CLF has elements of Northern Shaolin in it - footwork and kicking perhaps?
    One is for fighting, one is for spiritual. Neither has Snake Engine or Monkey Beaks.
    "I'm a highly ranked officer of his tong. HE is the Dragon Head. our BOSS. our LEADER. the Mountain Lord." - hskwarrior

Blog Entries
    i can attest to no monkey beaks in choy lee fut
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Champion View Post

I once was told that CLF was created to beat hung gar guys. Not sure if it was true but the guy that told me was hung gar so always wonder my self.

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish

That's interesting. I could be wrong but I've always had the impression CLF employs swinging strikes and high kicks far more than Hung Gar - is this the case?

Blog Entries
    Mega_Champion

That's interesting. I could be wrong but I've always had the impression CLF employs swinging strikes and high kicks far more than Hung Gar - is this the case?
    that's cause you don't know or understand either style.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better