Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaycee Chan's PRC drug bust

Jaycee busts out this Saturday

Dad is not happy as it conflicts with the opening of his biggest budget movie ever, Dragon Blade.

Jackie Chan: happy to see 'little *******' Jaycee released from jail
    2015/02/12 23:05:08

Photo from weibo

Taipei, Feb. 12 (CNA) Hong Kong action superstar Jackie Chan (成龍) said he will not speak on behalf of his son Jaycee Chan (房祖名) at a press conference Thursday, the day before the younger Chan was set to be released from a Chinese jail for using marijuana.

Asked about the matter at a press conference to promote his new movie "Dragon Blade" (天將雄師), he paused briefly before saying "I will be happy" to see that "little *******" (小王八蛋) again.

"I don't feel like saying anything for him. He is a grown man and he has his own arrangements," he said in Mandarin.

"I believe he will face up to his own life after his release. I am actually more at ease now."

Beijing police arrested Jaycee Chan, Taiwanese actor Kai Ko (柯震東) and another individual identified by the surname Li (李) on Aug. 14 last year for smoking marijuana, a crime in both China and Taiwan.

The younger Chan was sentenced to six months in prison and a fine of 2,000 Chinese yuan (US$320) for the offense.

As Chan has been in custody since Aug. 14 last year, his jail term will end Feb. 13, according to the verdict.

(By Christie Chen)
    ENDITEM/WH
    I wonder - does this bump up his street cred like with rappers?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

He's free!

I now regret not making a FREE JAYCEE T-shirt for myself and wearing it for our publicity shoots. That would have been so gangsta...

Jackie Chan's son released from jail in China after drugs charge
    BEIJING Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:00pm EST

Feb 13 (Reuters) - Jaycee Chan, the son of kung fu movie star Jackie Chan, was released from jail in China on Friday after serving a six-month sentence on drugs charges, state media said, having been caught up in the government's aggressive anti-narcotics campaign.

The official Xinhua news agency said he was let out in the early hours of the morning having completed his sentence, taking into account time already served since he was put in detention in August.

The younger Chan, a 32-year-old actor and singer, was formally charged in December with "the crime of sheltering others to take drugs" after testing positive for marijuana, with police saying they found 100 grams of the drug at his home. He faced a maximum prison sentence of three years.

He is expected to hold a news conference in Beijing on Saturday.

Celebrities have been a major linchpin in the government's campaign to get tough on drugs.

Jaycee Chan is among a string of other mostly B-list celebrities detained last year by Chinese authorities on drug-related charges that have been publicised widely in both state and social media. They have included movie and television stars, film directors and a prominent screenwriter.

Illegal drugs, especially synthetic substances like methamphetamine, ketamine and ecstasy, have grown in popularity in China in tandem with the rise of a new urban class with greater disposable income.

State media has reported that Jackie Chan felt ashamed of his son's drug abuse and hopes that one day he will speak out about the dangers of taking drugs.

The older Chan had served as a goodwill spokesman for the China National Anti-Drug Committee in 2009, promoting anti-drug education. (Reporting by Ben Blanchard; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
    I'll be eager to hear how the press conference goes.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

no reason, no excuse

Jackie Chan's actor son apologises and begs for a second chance after his release from a six-month jail sentence for drug offences
    Jaycee Chan, 32, apologised to the public following his release from prison
    Handed six-month sentence for letting people use marijuana in apartment
    He said he had 'no reason, no excuse' for the behaviour that led to arrest
    His father, Hollywood movie star Jackie Chan, is an anti-drugs ambassador
    By JENNY STANTON FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 08:58 EST, 14 February 2015 | UPDATED: 10:20 EST, 15 February 2015

The son of movie star Jackie Chan has apologised and begged the public for a second chance following his release from a six-month jail sentence for allowing people to use marijuana in his apartment.

Jaycee Chan, 32, said at a news conference in Beijing that he was rededicating himself to his family and entertainment business career.

Chan, who like his father has worked as an actor and singer, said he wanted to apologise for his mistakes and was ashamed.

He said he had 'no reason, no excuse' for the behavior that led to his arrest in August alongside Taiwanese actor Ko Kai and others.

Jaycee Chan apologised for his behaviour after he appeared at a news conference about drug offences

'After this correction by the justice system, I have changed my outlook on life and my values,' Jaycee said.

He and Ko both tested positive for marijuana and police seized more than 100 grams of the drug from Jaycee's Beijing apartment.

He could have been sentenced to up to three years, but was shown leniency by the court for having come clean with his law breaking.

Chan's news conference was broadcast live on Chinese state broadcaster CCTV, illustrating the propaganda value Beijing hopes to gain from the high-profile case amid a sweeping anti-drugs crackdown.

'I made mistakes, I will remember this lesson, I won't commit mistakes again in the future,' he said in Beijing.

'I want to apologise to everyone for my mistakes. I'm genuinely sorry.'

Jaycee Chan's arrest caused embarrassment for his father Jackie Chan (left), an anti-drugs campaigner

Experts say the arrests are part of a wider campaign by Beijing to promote morality. Chinese authorities have also targeted prostitution and the broader illegal drugs trade over the past year.

In the first half of last year, there was a 53 per cent rise in drug investigations in Beijing to more than 1,800 cases.

Jaycee, whose mother is former Taiwanese actress Lin Feng-jiao, was raised in Los Angeles and has appeared in about 20 films, most of them low-budget Hong Kong and mainland Chinese productions.

His father, known for his leading roles in Rush Hour and Shanghai Knights, has publicly apologised for his son's drug use and pledged to work with him on his recovery.

The actor and son of Jackie Chan said he realised he had not been a good role model as he apologised

Chan, 32, apologised for his 'mistakes' and said he was 'ashamed' and hoped for a second chance

Son of Jackie Chan jailed for 6 months in China on drugs charge

Jaycee Chan served six months in prison for the drugs offences and was released from custody on Saturday

Jaycee, whose mother is former Taiwanese actress Lin Feng-jiao, was raised in Los Angeles and has appeared in about 20 films, most of them low-budget Hong Kong and mainland Chinese productions.

His father, known for his leading roles in Rush Hour and Shanghai Knights, has publicly apologised for his son's drug use and pledged to work with him on his recovery.

The incident was sensitive for Jackie because of his status as a Chinese anti-drugs ambassador and deputy to the national legislature's main consultative body.

Jaycee said his father did not intervene on his behalf and that he received no special treatment in prison, where conditions were 'quite harsh'.

Jackie Chan (right) has also publicly apologised for his son, Jaycee Chan's (left) drug use

Jackie Chan, known for his leading roles in Rush Hour and Shanghai Knights (pictured), has publicly apologised for his son's drug use and pledged to work with him on his recovery.

Speaking slowly in a quiet voice, he said he'd first encountered marijuana eight years earlier on a trip to the Netherlands, but only became a regular user about two years ago.

'I'm very ashamed that I haven't been a good role model,' he said. 'I want to start again, but I know that it's the mass media that will decide.'

Jaycee's arrest put his entertainment career in jeopardy, with several Chinese management companies saying they would refuse to employ celebrities caught using drugs.

While professing his love for show business, Jaycee said he was now focused on spending time with his parents over next week's Lunar New Year holiday.
    Running back to mommy.
    Jaycee Chan gives the media the slip to meet his mum Lin Feng-jiao in a secret location
    PUBLISHED ON FEB 16, 2015 10:37 AM 0 252 0 0

Chinese entertainment star Jaycee Chan attends a press conference after his release from prison, in Beijing, China, on Feb 14, 2015. He has been reunited with his mother, retired actress Lin Feng-jiao, in a secret place his agent will not disclose. -- PHOTO: EPA
    TAIPEI - Actor Jaycee Chan has been reunited with his mother, retired actress Lin Feng-jiao, in a secret place his agent will not disclose.

Chan, 32, gave the media the slip after his press conference in Beijing last Saturday, a day after he was freed from jail. He left for the airport, amid rumours that he was flying to Taipei or Hong Kong, but reporters did not see him land in either city, said Apple Daily.

The report, citing sources, said he had taken his father Jackie Chan's private plane to Taipei and sneaked out of the airport after getting special immigration clearance. To avoid the media, he did not go back to his luxury home in Xinyi District, but went somewhere else to meet his mother.

As his relatives and managers live in Taiwan, he has many hiding places on the island, said the report.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

haircut

I'm trying not to imagine Jackie juggling the scissors between flying kicks.
    Jackie Chan and Jaycee reunite for a few hours, father gives son a new haircut
    PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2015 12:22 PM

Jackie Chan gave his son a new haircut, with Jaycee's mother Lin Feng-jiao supervising the session, before leaving for Chengdu on Tuesday morning to return to the publicity tour for his movie Dragon Blade. -- PHOTO: WEIBO.COM/FANGZUMING

HONG KONG - Jackie Chan had a few free hours on Monday, the fifth day of Chinese New Year, and flew to Taiwan for a quick reunion with his son Jaycee, said Oriental Daily News.

Father and son had an all-night chat, their first after actor Jaycee, 32, spent six months in jail in China for sheltering drug users, said the newspaper.

"I hadn't seen him for too long. I feel he's matured this time," Jackie, 60, told Oriental on Tuesday. "We didn't talk about unhappy things. It was all family chat. We talked into the night and didn't sleep."

He also gave his son a new haircut before leaving for Chengdu on Tuesday morning to return to the publicity tour for Dragon Blade. The movie is dominating the Chinese New Year box office in the mainland, with ticket sales approaching the 500 million yuan (S$108 million) mark in its first week, said Ming Pao Daily News.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

go back every year

When it comes to fatherhood, Jackie has a gift.

Jail has made Jaycee Chan a better man, so his dad thinks he should 'go back to jail every year'
    Published on Mar 1, 2015 6:22 PM

Actor Jaycee Chan (left) and his manager Steven Zhu bow at the beginning of a press conference in Beijing on Feb 14, 2015 following the former's release from jail. Jail has done actor Jaycee Chan a world of good, according to his dad, superstar Jackie Chan, so much so that he suggested his son should go behind bars every year. -- PHOTO: AFP

BEIJING - Jail has done actor Jaycee Chan the world of good, according to his dad.

Action superstar Jackie Chan says his son has been more disciplined, neater and more helpful around the house after he was jailed for six months for a drug offence - so much so that he thinks Jaycee should go back behind bars every year.

In an interview with Oriental Daily News that was published today, Jackie said: "He used to be lazy and not focused enough. Now I see him placing his shoes neatly, eating all the food his mother cooks for him, carrying bowls, folding clothes."

Seeing how much Jaycee has been changed by his time in jail, Jackie said he told his son: "Why don't you go back for half a year every year?"

"He said, you can't go back if you haven't done anything. I joked and told him to send in a request. It's quiet there and he can write songs."

Since his release from jail last month, Jaycee's relationship with his father has been calmer, Jackie said. "We used to clash as soon as we talked, we could clash watching TV, now we don't. I sense he has a lot of things he wants to tell me. He plays me songs, and says he wants to write scripts."

Jackie said he did not scold Jaycee for his trouble with the police because "he's already been punished". He added: "But he doesn't dare look up at me, he looks so remorseful, and this isn't a Jaycee I'm used to."

After his tough talk in the weeks before Jaycee's release, Jackie seems to have softened. He had said he would not join his wife, retired actress Lin Feng-jiao, and his son for Chinese New Year before completing the promotional tour for his movie Dragon Blade. But on Feb 23, Jackie took a few hours off from his tour in China to see his son in Taiwan.

Recounting the reunion, Jackie said he was in a rush, going upstairs to the family's apartment as his employees told a nervous Jaycee about his arrival over the intercom. "The door opened, and I gave him a deep hug," Jackie said.

A quiet dinner with his son and wife followed. "The feeling was so warm, we hadn't been like this for so long," he said. The silence became awkward though and he asked Jaycee about his time in jail. "He was in there six months, and had not one word of complaint. He said, 'Dad, now I have more experience than you. If you have a question, ask me.'"

Jackie has also changed his mind about making movies with Jaycee. He had said he would not, but "if Will Smith can stop working for half a year to help his son, I'm also cancelling my own insistence".

He said Jaycee had shown interest in scripting the sequel to his 2012 movie Chinese Zodiac, and they would work together "if it's right".
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

lol.
    Jackie doesn't have a filter, so sometimes he says some funny ****.

Didn't see this one coming...

Jackie Chan Changes His Mind, Will Leave $130 Million Fortune to Son, Jaycee
    JM Javelosa | Mar 10, 2015 10:39 PM EDT

(Photo : Baidu.com) Jackie Chan Talks about His Son’s Drug Charge: Current Punishments are the Costs to Pay

Being the only son of a famous international movie star like Jackie Chan surely has its privileges. Jackie's son, Jaycee Chan has lived a luxurious life. He lived in mansions, drove expensive cars, received the best education, and many more. But what many might not know is, Jackie is a disciplinarian, who once said that he will not leave a single penny of his wealth to his son.

When asked whether he will leave his entire fortune to his son, two years ago, he said, "If my son is capable, he will earn his own money. If he is incapable, he will waste my money."

However, after Jaycee was released from prison following his drug arrest, his father seems to have developed a softer side for him. In a recent interview, Jackie proudly said that he was impressed by Jaycee's transformation after serving half a year in jail. Jackie revealed that Jaycee shows a lot more discipline now and voluntarily helps his mom with the chores that needed to be done at home.

In the past few weeks, Jackie was spotted giving Jaycee a haircut to symbolize a new beginning. It was during that time when Jackie mentioned that the relationship between them is definitely better. He is now able to have long talks with his son, unlike in the past where they barely spoke a word to each other because they only end up arguing in the rare occasions that they do.

When asked the same question regarding his wealth, Jackie seemed to have changed his mind and replied, "If I don't leave my [wealth] to him, who do I give it to? Everything will be left to him. He is my son and I am his father. That will never change."

Jackie may also be seen working alongside his son, as he accepted a request from Jaycee who asked if he could work on the script of the sequel of the action film "CZ12."
    So did Jaycee just get busted to get attention from his pop? Wouldn't be the first time that happened.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

No longer blacklisted

Good thing it was a Chen Kaige film. A lesser director and the whole film would have been blacklisted for sure.

Jackie Chan's Son Jaycee Taken Off China Blacklist For New Movie

AP
    by Clifford Coonan
    6/10/2015 9:57pm PDT

Jaycee Chan, the son of Hong Kong action star Jackie Chan who was jailed last year after a drugs bust, is off the Chinese government's blacklist ahead of the launch of his next project, Chen Kaige's A Monk Comes Down The Mountain.

Industry sources confirmed media reports that the martial arts movie will screen on Jul. 3 as planned and that the younger Chan's scenes will not be cut.

While the Chinese government is currently waging a moral crusade that has seen high profile arrests in the entertainment industry, there have been reports the campaign may be starting to ease.

Also, the need to keep domestic movies hitting the theaters amid an unprecedented onslaught from Hollywood appears to have led authorities to allow films already finished, even if they contain scenes featuring stars with damaged reputations.

"The director (Chen) has been negotiating with the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT) saying that Jaycee Chan has a lot of scenes in the movie. It will be very difficult to cut it, let alone re-shooting it," insiders said, quoted in Taiwanese media.

"Moreover, there are a lot of Hollywood blockbusters being released here and everybody should do something for Chinese films. In the end, SAPPRFT agreed to unblock the restriction."

There was speculation that Taiwanese movie star Ko Kai, who was arrested smoking marijuana with Chan in a massage parlor in Beijing, will be allowed to appear in the latest, fourth instalment of the Tiny Times franchise, which is due to open on Jul. 9.

Tiny Times director Guo Jingming has repeatedly declined to comment.

Ko, whose real name is Ko Chen-tung, said he had not been invited to take part in promotional work and the poster for Tiny Times 4 does not feature the Taiwanese heartthrob.

There have been reports that Tiny Times 4 has been reshot not to include him, along with another movie, Monster Hunt, which is due to be released on Jul. 16. However, insiders say that difficulties reshooting the Tiny Times movie meant that he would take part.

Through his agent, Ko said only that he hadn't "received any official news about this and didn’t receive the invitation for the promotion of Tiny Times 4."

China's media watchdog last year ordered TV networks to ban "tainted" stars who have used drugs or visited prostitutes from TV and other media outlets. The last 18 months have seen a flurry of big names in the entertainment industry nabbed in drug and vice busts, including Chan, and the Golden Bear-winning director Wang Quan'an, who was arrested last September for "paying for sex." Wang was released from prison this week.

Some stars remain firmly blacklisted, including Hong Kong's Edison Chen, whose sex videos with many Hong Kong stars were leaked online in 2008.

Other big figures to fall foul of the campaign are the actor Wang Xuebing, TV actor Zhang Bo on suspected methamphetamine offenses, the screenwriter Chen Wanning who was known by his pen name Ning Caishen, and who tested positive for methamphetamine, police said.

Also caught up were Hong Kong actor Roy Cheung and mainland actor Gao Hu, while director Zhang Yuan, was held for drug offenses at a Beijing railway station.

In a separate incident, a CCTV TV journalist Bian Ce reportedly died after he fell from a building in Beijing's Chaoyang district while under the influence of drugs. Police said they found two packets of crystal meth near the body.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

a good learning curve

Jackie Chan Speaks about Relationship with His Son
    2015-08-05 20:17:03 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Gao Junya

A file photo of Jackie Chan as an anti-drug ambassador. The Kung Fu star says his son's incarceration has been a good learning curve for him. [Photo: qq.com]

Jackie Chan has spoken out about his relationship with his son Jaycee.

The Kung-Fu star's son who is also an actor and a singer was released from a six-month prison sentence in February after pleading guilty to allowing others to use marijuana at his apartment in Beijing.

Chan said that his son's incarceration has been a good learning curve for him.

"Now he reads a lot of books, writes a lot of songs, watches a lot of TV and movies and writes a lot of scripts. Before that happened, everyday he'd just fly to Japan, fly to Taiwan to see friends. Maybe he'd take two days to ten day to write one song. Now he writes so many songs."

Chan says he is now looking for suitable movie projects for his son. In the meantime, the pair will be working together on the Kung-fu star's upcoming record which is set for release at the end of this year. Jaycee will produce the album and may even sing with his father on one track.

Earlier today it was revealed that Jackie Chan is the second highest paid actor in the world.

According to Forbes magazine's official yearly rankings, Chan is said to have made $50 million last year only being beaten by Robert Downey Jr.
    two days to write one song? slacker.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Jaycee

Jackie Chan finds way out for his drug convict son

By Zhang Rui
    China.org.cn, December 23, 2016

Jackie Chan and cast members promote "Railroad Tigers" in Beijing, Dec. 22, 2016. [Photo/ China.org.cn]

There is a hidden role in Jackie Chan's new film "Railroad Tigers": the role is played by his son, drug offender Jaycee Chan.

Jaycee Chan, though he has the second most important role in the film, doesn't appear on any posters or promotional materials for the film and hasn't attended any promotional events for the film, even the premiere.

No one knew he was in the film until the press members saw him at an advanced screening on Dec. 22 in Beijing.

Jackie Chan refused to answer the question at the premiere regarding whether he helped his son return to movies with this film, diverting the question to director Ding Sheng.

"I felt Jaycee Chan was perfectly fit the role when I wrote script, " Ding said, "this is why."

The junior Chan was arrested by Beijing police for drug possession on Aug. 14, 2014, alongside Taiwanese actor Kai Ko. Police later found more than 100 grams of marijuana in a search of Chan's apartment.

In September 2014, the Beijing procurator's office approved the formal arrest of Jaycee Chan on suspicion of "accommodating drug users." Jaycee Chan was sentenced to six months in prison and fined 2,000 yuan (US$320). He was released from jail on Feb. 13, 2015.

At the same time, the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television had issued a ban forbidding any actors, industry professionals and entertainers with convictions for drugs, prostitution and other misdeeds to appear on screen. Shanghai People's Congress set the ban limit at three years.

But Jaycee Chan returned to the movie scene as early as in 2015, when he appeared in the film "Monk Comes Down the Mountain" directed by Chen Kaige. The director negotiated with China's film watchdog to save Chan's scenes. Jaycee Chan never appeared in any of the film's promotional activities.

Jackie Chan's latest action comedy "Railroad Tigers," directed by Ding Sheng, was adapted from China's War of Resistance Against Japan classic "Railway Guerrilla" and will hit Chinese screens on Dec. 23.
    Sneaky. So much for bans.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips