Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Iron Palm experts...

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Sanjuro, do you follow Chicoines IP methods? If so, did you train with him, or one of his students? Or , through his IP video?
    Chicoine originally learned iron palm from Feeman Ong. His methods are just typical iron palm training. He was good, but I believe the members of the Iron Palm Society are better. They don't use half blocks or spacers.

Here is an old video of Gene Chicoine and his students doing breaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB2hCsCRE14 Note the use of half blocks and spacers.

Here is a video of Shane from the Iron Lotus Society breaking full size blocks without spacers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2UwxAcIWzg BTW, I was there and checked their blocks, without their knowledge, before the seminar to make sure they were not gimmicked. There guys are the real deal.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 03-10-2015 at 07:18 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Richard, Thanks. I have seen both videos. The IPS guys are very impressive.

I have a old VHS of Green Dragons Stone Warrior. Quality not the best anymore. But, he shows his 3 ladies doing breaks in the beginning. Those girls are about the most impressive breakers I have ever seen. No spacers. I think up to 3 inch thick individual blocks. I forget the largest amount broke but it was between 7-9 inches. Margie Smith , I think may have been the only person from Green Dragon to ever not use the herbs internal or external during training for IP or other stuff. She had allergic reactions to them. So even though Allen was and maybe is steadfast in that of all the programs one must use Jow for IP, it appears he allowed Margie to do it without. He mentions that IP is the only program herbs are necessary at the end of the SW video discussion.

I have a video with Allen himself doing impressive breaking. Looked like 4 inch blocks. I forget how many. No spacers. I read he did not allow spacers. Considers it cheating.

Internal Iron Palm

Richard, Thanks. I have seen both videos. The IPS guys are very impressive.

I have a old VHS of Green Dragons Stone Warrior. Quality not the best anymore. But, he shows his 3 ladies doing breaks in the beginning. Those girls are about the most impressive breakers I have ever seen. No spacers. I think up to 3 inch thick individual blocks. I forget the largest amount broke but it was between 7-9 inches. Margie Smith , I think may have been the only person from Green Dragon to ever not use the herbs internal or external during training for IP or other stuff. She had allergic reactions to them. So even though Allen was and maybe is steadfast in that of all the programs one must use Jow for IP, it appears he allowed Margie to do it without. He mentions that IP is the only program herbs are necessary at the end of the SW video discussion.

I have a video with Allen himself doing impressive breaking. Looked like 4 inch blocks. I forget how many. No spacers. I read he did not allow spacers. Considers it cheating.
    I have heard of some of the iron palm internal wines. After I had bought materials from the ILS, they released more material. On certain web sites one of them said he attributed his gains to a specific jow and a specific wine. I've also heard some of the ingredients are the same and even some jows can be drunk as well as put on the limbs. Where are there sources for internal, iron palm wines?
    Last edited by Charles S; 03-14-2015 at 08:58 PM.

I really could not help you with what to take or how to train. I know Dale Dugas sells herbs for IP. I do not believe they are meant to be drunk. But a quick google search returned this:http://www.ditdajow.com/internalformulas.php

I can't vouch for that link or what they sell.

From what I have seen you'll spend 50-100 bucks for enough herbs to make a gallon of external wine. Seems pretty fair price really. I would imagine a gallon would last awhile. Main issue is, even if you know what to do. Gather the herbs and make you wine, which may take a month to a couple of months before the wine can be used for good effect. Do you have the dedication to follow it everyday for the required time to reap results? Really, it is a life time thing but from what Ive read it takes about a 100 days on average to manifest real results. That's the thing. 100 days every day. maybe more than once a day depending on who you follow. Otherwise better to not begin.

There are guys with way more accurate answers than I could ever give you. They may or may not add. And it seems sometimes you wait a bit before you get a reply. Life gets in the way or they just don't see it or care until they do.

Thumbs up Iron palm

I really could not help you with what to take or how to train. I know Dale Dugas sells herbs for IP. I do not believe they are meant to be drunk. But a quick google search returned this:http://www.ditdajow.com/internalformulas.php

I can't vouch for that link or what they sell.

From what I have seen you'll spend 50-100 bucks for enough herbs to make a gallon of external wine. Seems pretty fair price really. I would imagine a gallon would last awhile. Main issue is, even if you know what to do. Gather the herbs and make you wine, which may take a month to a couple of months before the wine can be used for good effect. Do you have the dedication to follow it everyday for the required time to reap results? Really, it is a life time thing but from what Ive read it takes about a 100 days on average to manifest real results. That's the thing. 100 days every day. maybe more than once a day depending on who you follow. Otherwise better to not begin.

There are guys with way more accurate answers than I could ever give you. They may or may not add. And it seems sometimes you wait a bit before you get a reply. Life gets in the way or they just don't see it or care until they do.
    When I began this type of training we used Dit Da Jow made by our teacher ( Ark Wong) before and after training. In the beginning the hands bleed , the Jow helps heal it. The Jow Sifu made was designed to clot and disinfect open cuts. Daily training in the beginning does more harm than good.

Dale is a one of the best sources available today for answers to this subject.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Quote Originally Posted by Charles S View Post
    I have heard of some of the iron palm internal wines. After I had bought materials from the ILS, they released more material. On certain web sites one of them said he attributed his gains to a specific jow and a specific wine. I've also heard some of the ingredients are the same and even some jows can be drunk as well as put on the limbs. Where are there sources for internal, iron palm wines?
    If you have ILS books or dvd's, then you also should have at least a few recipe listings. Also there's the plum dragon site that lists some recipes and I has most ILS stuff. You could probably just email them and get a rundown. Or just email the Morgans (ILS) directly if its one of their recipes. Don't expect anyone to give the a recipe for free, but at least you'll find out where you can find it.

Frankly, there's nothing mystical about any of this. Chemicals have pharmacological effects, many of which you can reference online. Anyone telling you of secret formulas and all that mess are full of it. Don't buy anything to put in your body (or really, on your body for that matter) from anyone not willing to tell you exactly what is in it and how much. Frankly, I think its unethical to sell that way and should be regulated, but that's just me.

Let me know how I can be of service.

I have been training in Iron Skills for many years.

I make and sell training as well as injury Dit Da Jow.

Dr. Dale Dugas AP DOM MAOM Dipl.OM
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima
    Pukulan Cimande Pusaka Sanders

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

Quote Originally Posted by Mor Sao View Post
    Let me know how I can be of service.

I have been training in Iron Skills for many years.

I make and sell training as well as injury Dit Da Jow.

Dr. Dale Dugas AP DOM MAOM Dipl.OM
    You have also begun herbology and IP lessons via skype, I see

Thank you. I am trying to teach those interested.

Let me know how I can be of service to those looking for help with their physical issues and health as well as Iron Skills.
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

Hi Dale. Let me ask you this. As many have suggested one can not learn IP skills via video. In fact on another forum I suggested if that is true why do you support guys that make any of these videos. IP or otherwise. As I disagreed that one could learn skills via video. It obviously helps to have studied something and even better if that something is the same or very similar. But I made my point. Should we not come down hard on these individuals as unscrupulous? Again, I don't think anyone is trying to screw anyone for the most part and the makers probably do believe if one follows as I show then it should work as directed. Save a few held back "secrets" or whatever.

Now Dale, if you would. Since you sell a Iron Palm video and others. Do you believe one could safely and successfully learn that skill or others you teach via videos you sell/sold solely from just that video-set ? Needing nothing else in the way of personal instruction and I always agreed certainly that is best.

So, could I or others just buy your video and safely and correctly learn whatever skills you teach on those videos with no further assistance from you or others?

Really and simple yes or no answer should be enough to answer any and all concerns addressed. And I am asking specifically about what you sell instruction wise via video.

Thank you,
    Bill

Hi Dale. Let me ask you this. As many have suggested one can not learn IP skills via video. In fact on another forum I suggested if that is true why do you support guys that make any of these videos. IP or otherwise. As I disagreed that one could learn skills via video. It obviously helps to have studied something and even better if that something is the same or very similar. But I made my point. Should we not come down hard on these individuals as unscrupulous? Again, I don't think anyone is trying to screw anyone for the most part and the makers probably do believe if one follows as I show then it should work as directed. Save a few held back "secrets" or whatever.

Now Dale, if you would. Since you sell a Iron Palm video and others. Do you believe one could safely and successfully learn that skill or others you teach via videos you sell/sold solely from just that video-set ? Needing nothing else in the way of personal instruction and I always agreed certainly that is best.

So, could I or others just buy your video and safely and correctly learn whatever skills you teach on those videos with no further assistance from you or others?

Really and simple yes or no answer should be enough to answer any and all concerns addressed. And I am asking specifically about what you sell instruction wise via video.

Thank you,
    Bill
    He can answer for himself but what he appears to be doing are not videos but rather skype based distance learning. Skype can be perfectly interactive if one just has a webcam.

I offer a DVD of the Iron Palm and Iron Vest Training which is used more as a reference for people who have come trained with me or who have experience in other IP methods.

But If you want to buy the foundational level DVD, you can and learn the foundational level. Advanced levels need to be taught one to one. So yes, you can learn the foundation from a DVD and succeed if you train correctly and safely.

I am writing a new Iron Skills book and will be doing my DVDs over in the near future.

As mentioned before I have started offering Skype classes where i can teach and see people and instruct them in the physicality of the IP and IV.

Trying to help those interested.
    Dr. Dale Dugas
    Hakka Mantis
    Integrated Eskrima

All for Use
    Nothing for Show

Thank you Dale. Very much appreciated. That seems logical as well. At a basic level, yes. Viable method. At more advanced levels, reference only. Thanks again.

breaking bricks isnt important, u need to find a force meter thing and see if you can consistently produce knock out force with punch

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    breaking bricks isnt important, u need to find a force meter thing and see if you can consistently produce knock out force with punch
    knock out force can be a small clip in the right place or a huge smash in the wrong place.

I think breaking isn't very useful, but it does teach you what is required.
    I know the first time I tried a break that I was surprised how much force it took.
    Kung Fu is good for you.