Thread: Take Your Bets

Take Your Bets

Who would you bet on in a match between David vs Gus….. And Dale vs BT……?

Doesn't matter. I would crush them all.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Master Killer I’m sure you would kill them all, but I’m going to vote for Gus, and Bt as the winners. Reasons, between Gus and David we have seen them both in their one competitive match each. Though both were beaten badly, at least Gus put up somewhat of a fight at the beginning, and was fighting someone with a huge size advantage. Where David in his one match was up against someone in his on weight class, and didn't have much of a defense at all. Also Gus seems to have a better fighting build, some reach advantage,unless David could work a Tyson style offense, but I don’t see it happening.

In the Bt vs Dale match, I have go with Bt. He is a very capable fighter, not just a big guy. He got good hand skill, kicks and throws. He also has lot of sparring and competing experience. There are many videos of him on the net sparring and using his skill successfully. Where Dale is said to be a big guy, his videos are all of him breaking coconuts or bricks. While this is an impressive skill, I have never seen any footage of anything close to free sparring, other than some of his student running around punching his gut. Also we have not seen Bt fight anyone his own size, and Dale did agree on a past post to spar with Bt at anytime, would be interesting.

Are you going to fight the winner Wiz?
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    This is 100% TCMA principle. It may be used in non-TCMA also. Since I did learn it from TCMA, I have to say it's TCMA principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    We should not use "TCMA is more than combat" as excuse for not "evolving".

You can have Kung Fu in cooking, it really has nothing to do with fighting!

No way I am fighting anyone 50 pounds or heavier in a match. David on the other hand I might consider, if I didn’t have reconstructive knee surgery in china, without physical therapy after. But I turn 44 in one month and still spar at a Thai boxing gym against guys in their 20s weekly.