Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Lee imitators (Bruceploitation)

Bruce Lee imitators (Bruceploitation)

http://www.digitalspy.com/fun/news/a...oYQIL1ZDWIp2WN

"I want to be a champion in my country and a Hollywood star," Alizada told Reuters
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I poached this off into its own thread

Here's another

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

And here's more on the Afghan Bruce Lee

He's more of a lookalike, especially for an Afghani

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our latest ezine offering

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Alizada

...um, I mean Bruce Hazara.

Bruce Hazara dreaming to complete Bruce Lee’s unfinished film
    By Mirwais Adeel - Tue Mar 17 2015, 9:17 pm

Martial arts legend and Hollywood icon Bruce Lee’s look-alike in Afghanistan Abas Alizada is dreaming to complete the star’s unfinished film ‘The Game of Death’.

Locally known as Bruce Hazara, Alizada became popular shortly after his stories and photographs went viral on internet late last year.

An athlete of Wushu the “Chinese Kunk Fu”, Alizada is followed by more than 50,000 on Twitter and his Facebook page has been liked by 40,000 users.

In an interview with the AFP, Alizada, said his project is to complete the film Lee left unfinished when he died.

“When I was eight years old I saw the Bruce Lee movies, and I was hooked,” Alizada said.

“I said I will be the Bruce Lee of Afghanistan one day. I know I cannot be Bruce Lee, but I follow in his path,” he added.

Alizada also has dreams to work with the Hong Kong martial arts movie start Jackie Chan besides idolising starts such “Mr Rambo” — Sylvester Stallone — Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme.

Bruce Lee reportedly died at the age of 32 in 1973 while he was filming Game Of Death.

Lee’s daughter Shannon Lee earlier announced that a new biopic about her father is in the works. “There have been projects out there involving my father but they’ve lacked a complete understanding of his philosophies and artistry,” she said in a statement.

She said “They haven’t captured the essence of his beliefs in martial arts or storytelling. The only way to get audiences to understand the depth and uniqueness of my father is to generate our own material.”

Bruce Lee kept an extensive library, was deeply philosophical and was fond of writing poetry as well as acting for the movies.
    hold the phone...“Chinese Kunk Fu”?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...um, I mean Bruce Hazara.

hold the phone...“Chinese Kunk Fu”?
    Well, he does idolize 'movie starts'.

Even if he could gain some attention in Hollywood, it's not likely he could do much as a BL imitator. People want someone who brings something new and unique. Though oftentimes Hollywood is anything but unique. He'd do much better for himself if he could develop his own persona.

Greetings,

I think his look could help those in CGI develop a more realistic image of Bruce.

mickey

Our latest ezine offering

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I saw this kid on Facebook and thought to add it to this thread...good on ya!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Sorry Gene. I had a feeling it may be someplace here. That kid was great!

An update on Abbas Alizada

...or Bruce Hazara.

Bruce Lee Look- Alike Is Killing It On The Internet
    Posted: 11/03/2016 17:52 IST Updated: 11/03/2016 17:54 IST BRUCE LEE

Bruce Lee has inspired many of us. But we bet you haven’t seen anything like this before. Abbas Alizada aka Afghan Bruce Lee aka Bruce Hazara has become the internet sensation with this new video that’s gone viral. Shot under water, it’s amazing to see how where passion rules, there are no boundaries. He has not only perfected his mentor’s moves but he’s also got the looks. At the young age of 18, Abbas knew where he wanted to be. A Bruce Lee devout himself, this young lad from Kabul took to Martial Arts at a very early age and since then has known no other passion. Dedicated to his mentor, he learned most of the moves by watching Bruce Lee’s films before getting professional help to train him in Martial Arts.

Soon his dream was to finish the unfinished 1975 film of the great legend. And ever since that day, he has been working hard each day of his life. Focused, he knows only practice and practice alone will get him closer to his dream. With over 50K likes on Facebook and 40K Twitter followers, the Afghan Bruce Lee is already a local super star and is nothing short of an internet celebrity. He is at his best when in front of camera.

Pushing his boundaries and doing things outside his comfort zone, he really gives it his all. Watch this video of Skoda Superb which not only heroes the characteristics of the car, but also showcases his spirit perfectly. Shot underwater with seven divers, this video is surely the best in next class.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

And without missing a beat, more Ryuji

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More from Ryusei

Gene Ching