Thread: Everly

Everly

Yakuza in sumo mawashi - check.
    Crazy assassin chick with yinyang sai - check.
    Scantily clad Salma Hayek shooting guns - check.
    Scantily clad Salma Hayek shooting FULL AUTO guns - double-plus check.

This needs to be posted here.

Hopefully it's better than Colombiana.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Greetings,

This trailer reminds me so much of Smokin' Aces that I really want to see it. It is similar with the edits the elevator, the apartment and the variety of hitmen. Good Gosh! It is Smokin' Aces III.

I hope it is a hit.

mickey

Greetings,

I saw the movie. It reminded me of those violent Japanese comics; yet, at the same time, completely afraid to go there with graphic depictions of violence. This is way, way, below cult status; so low, that it may become a cult favorite. Not even a good lay could recover the time spent watching this. So, it may be best to get that lay first.

mickey

From the trailer alone, it looks like a cheaper ripoff of Kill Bill Vol. 1. I always find it funny with all the American films of a lone non-Asian woman or man singlehandedly taking out hordes of useless Asian henchmen (typically Yakuza) in suits (mostly). Kinda makes me wonder if there's a message being sent here. You very rarely see other groups as 'the useless hordes'; a rare exception was the first Kick Ass (I never got to see the sequel).

Sure, there's the useless hordes of suited baddies that get taken out in Asian films, but IMO that's very different. They usually aren't depicted anywhere near as inept as the ones in the American films.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-05-2015 at 12:47 PM.

Greetings Jimbo

I agree with you 99.99%

The other .01% I reserve for those rare films like "The Yakuza".

mickey

Finally saw this

In the tradition of Japanese sanguineous cinema, but with Salma Hayek. Astoundingly violent, all taking place in one room plus the hall. Full auto, grenades, bazookas, sai, katana, butcher knives, s&m cages, tasers, acid drinking, major splatter, the kind of stuff Tarantino used to poach, but with Salma Hayek. Over-the-top ultravi, but with Salma Hayek. Salma is nekkid in the first scene, only showing her butt from a bird's eye view, then dons a negligee, and then a tight tank top, and manages to get her spectacular bosom into every shot - and yet, no nipples exposed.

I'm glad Salma still makes films like this. But like the previous reviewers on this thread have said, this isn't as gratuitously violent as Japanese cinema. It's watered down for American tastes maybe. That being said, it's a pretty good XMAS flick.

But still, I'm a fan of Salma and got with in a yard of her at a Puss in Boots premiere, that was until security tackled me to the ground.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart