Thread: End of an Era-Returning to Taiwan

End of an Era-Returning to Taiwan

After teaching in the states for nine years I will return to Taiwan and teach there once again.
    Saturday, yesterday, was my last class in the school and it now is officially under the operation of my students. They should be making updates soon.

Good luck! Check in now and then...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I'll still be around, been here for 15 years (kfo) already.

Greetings,

Have a very safe trip back.

mickey

Wishing you the best in Taiwan. Are you going to Tainan?

I left Taiwan (Taipei) 22 years ago and still miss it sometimes.

Thanks,
    Yes returning to Tainan city.
    My students at the First Boys High School. I really liked that the high school allowed me to let the kids learn some two person punching and kicking drills (well, I didn't ask for permission). At the end of the year the first and Second Boy's High School got together for a sparring competition. Looking back through the clarity of hindsight, I should have developed that more than I did. But it was a great start.
    Name:  tainan yi zhong.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  58.7 KB

Returning to Tampa for a few weeks 7-20 to 8-3.
    Teaching in the park.
    Luohan Gong
    Xiao Fanche

thank you

It was an honor an and pleasure to meet you yesterday. I have been going over the things you showed and taught me non stop. I have many questions and many epiphanies.. LOL lookingforward to class today...
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

As you may know I have been working on the story of Han Tong. But, since I have been here visiting Florida, I keep feeling like I want to tell my Florida students the story of Wang Lang.

Wang Lang is known as the creator of the style. The first The one inspired by the praying mantis itself. The divine creator, the soul of the style.

The legendary story of Wang Lang that has been told is wrong. The real story has never been told.

It is true, he was indeed a bandit, or a thief. He was not someone you would want your daughter or your sister to marry.
    But, I think we would all agree that his son would be a bad-ass too.

In the end, he was hunted down by the government.
    That part of the legend is true to the story and it is known by many. This is with special thanks to Seven Star master Huang Hanxun (Huang Hanfun as he is often called in Hong Kong).

Huang Hanxun was hugely influential with his book first on Wang Lang. It was published in 1945. Almost every story that exists today is based on the publication of that book and is less than eighty years old. The stories are based on utter nonsense.

SO, the essence of Wang Lang's story remains.
    But the little details like the ups and downs of his life and the ins and outs of his crimes.
    The crimes he committed.

Nothing has been mentioned of the reformed outlaws who pursued him. They were Men and Women working in the service of the Manchurian emperor.
    None of his life is known to anyone as far as I can see after studying the subject in the West and East over the past 35 years.

It is an honor to your skill in fighting that you are such bad-ass as to need such talented generals to apprehend you.

His style is a small part, just a tiny section, of what is practiced in the style today.

'Mantis never returns home'

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    After teaching in the states for nine years I will return to Taiwan and teach there once again.
    Saturday, yesterday, was my last class in the school and it now is officially under the operation of my students. They should be making updates soon.
    It's interesting. Why? Do you care to share the reason?

edit oh, this was a while ago in 2015. still what happened?
    Last edited by wolfen; 09-12-2016 at 11:30 AM.
    "顺其自然"

Funny the line "Mantis never returns home."
    Sounds like you have heard the stories.

I got a tingling last year that it was a time to live in Taiwan. The reasons are many, my mantis senses didn't mislead.

Crane Pursues Mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    I got a tingling last year that it was a time to live in Taiwan. The reasons are many, my mantis senses didn't mislead.
    Thanks for your reply, that sounds good.

Does your teacher still have an umbrella name Peng Lai Martial Arts?
    Do you know of this group:

Southern White Crane Teacher in Tainan Hong Guo Rong ?
    http://www.zonghe.com.tw

Peng Lai Martial Arts Blogspot

http://penglaimartialarts.blogspot.tw/

Nothing has been mentioned of the reformed outlaws who pursued him. They were Men and Women working in the service of the Manchurian emperor.
    That would make a great storyline for an iconoclastic film. Wasn't the style of the Qing Dynasty Manchurian bodyguard Tibetan White Crane?

Crane pursues Mantis
    "顺其自然"