Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deadpool

Shang Chi in Deadpool 2?

I totally support this.

Shang-Chi: Master Of Kung Fu Is The Perfect Story For 'Deadpool 2' (With Bonus Hitler Kills)
    By Jack Carr ⋅ Posted on February 24th, 2016 at 11:26pm

Deadpool may have killed the Marvel universe, but there's one man who's yet to die at his sword, and his name is Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu.

It doesn't take a genius to work out where Shang-chi's talents lie, and a prior hook-up with Deadpool (not that kind of hook-up) makes him a great candidate for a supporting role in Deadpool 2.

If you're not a religious reader of Marvel's one-shot comics, you may have missed Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu #1. The 48-page issue from 2009 is entirely black and white, and includes four vignette stories, the first of which features our friendly neighborhood Deadpool.

For the uninitiated, Shang-Chi is the Marvel martial artist who isn't Iron Fist. He has no superpowers whatsoever, but does sport an incredible response time that allows him to dodge bullets, while being the world's greatest living practitioner of kung fu. He's just a little bit awesome.

In the first of the four vignettes, Deadpool and Shang-chi are competing together in a cross-country motorcycle death race. Among their competitors are the Hitler Twins, who are exactly what they sound like...

The whole vignette is illustrated in black and white, in a style that reminds me of Sin City and the flashbacks in Kill Bill. Obviously I'm not suggesting there's enough material in this wacky drag race to sustain a whole movie, but as an intro or pre-credits sequence with no bearing on the main plot of the film, I would die for a Deadpool and Shang-Chi team-up.

The film's R-rating would also allow a lot of blood to be spilled in classic, pulpy martial arts style. Of course, it would be even more epic if Blade made a cameo (as played by Wesley Snipes — anyone else can suck it), but Marvel is clutching onto his rights like a newborn baby in his mother's bosom. Allow me to dream.

To summarize: If you want to see Deadpool kill Hitler, not once but twice, you should campaign with me for the Master of Kung Fu to get his Deadpool 2 on.

In case you've spent the last two weeks getting tortured by Ajax without wifi, Deadpool 2 is already confirmed to feature Cable. Unfortunately, he won't be played by Keira Knightley, but whatever. The movie is being directed again by Tim Miller and should release sometime in 2018.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Inside Deadpool’s brutally inventive, no-holds-barred fight scenes

Along with its dark, raunchy humor and proud disregard for the constraints of traditional superhero movies, one of the main selling points of Marvel’s fabulously successful Deadpool was its blistering, breakneck action sequences. As Rolling Stone found out recently, the film was a dream come true for fight coordinator and stuntman Philip J. Silvera, whose rock ‘em sock ‘em resume includes such titles as The Dark Knight Rises, Iron Man 3, X-Men: First Class, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Basically, when Hollywood wants to make a movie about violence-prone people running around in form-fitting jumpsuits, Silvera is the man they have on speed dial. The experimental action sequences in Deadpool have been in the planning stages for years. “This is something I always wanted to do,” Silvera says, “but didn’t know how to go about it.” The movie combines the fight coordinator’s three loves: comic books, martial arts, and storytelling.

The son of a boxer and a martial artist in his own right, Silvera says that it was crucial that the action scenes in Deadpool be motivated by the plot and the characters, rather than the other way around. He didn’t want to do stunts involving wires, for instance, just because they look cool. Storytelling was key. This particular project afforded Silvera and his colleagues the opportunity to try bold new things, however, because of the nature of the title character. Ryan Reynolds’ Deadpool experiences pain and has to be somewhat smart about the moves he makes, but he doesn’t die. That gives him a confidence factor in fight scenes that allows him to walk right up to opponents without fear of reprisal. As Silvera puts it: “There is that ‘I don’t give a ****’ type element to it.”