Thread: UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano FEB 28, 2015, Staples Center, Los Angeles

UFC 184: Rousey vs. Zingano FEB 28, 2015, Staples Center, Los Angeles

Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano pass drug tests ahead of UFC 184
    Damon Martin
    FOX Sports
    FEB 19, 2015 5:15p ET

The UFC 184 main event between Ronda Rousey and Cat Zingano is officially a go after both fighters returned negative drug tests administered by the California State Athletic Commission earlier in February.

California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Foster confirmed the news to FOX Sports on Thursday.

The two fighters had urine samples submitted with a full panel of tests run for performance enhancing drugs under the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code and both Rousey and Zingano showed no signs of any illegal substances.

The tests were conducted at the UCLA Olympic Analytical Lab, a WADA accredited lab, which holds the highest standards for all drug testing worldwide.

With the pre-fight drug tests out of the way, Rousey and Zingano will move forward as the main event for next weekend's UFC 184 card from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Foster also confirmed that both Rousey and Zingano will undergo similar testing on fight night for the same panel of drugs as well as any drugs of abuse, which are deemed illegal when fighters compete in competition.

UFC 184 goes down on Feb. 28 with Rousey and Zingano headlining the card with fellow women's bantamweight fighters Holly Holm and Raquel Pennington set as the co-main event for the evening.

Predictions?

The best thing for UFC right now would be if Rousey lost. Then the rematch would be a major payout for the org. I hope it at least goes longer than one round.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Predictions?

The best thing for UFC right now would be if Rousey lost. Then the rematch would be a major payout for the org. I hope it at least goes longer than one round.
    Prediction Ronda wins cat but looses to Holy Holm.

My Goal In Life Is To Be A Better Person Today Than I Was Yesterday. Martial Art Is One Of The Tools I Use To Achieve This.

The Equation For Good Kung Fu Is Based On Four Simple Principles Breathing, Relaxation, Continues Movement, Structure. Working Them Under Pressure Is What Good Kung Fu Training Is About.

You Have To Breath To Relax, You Have To Relax To Move, You Have To Move To Keep Structure

My Video Page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/dcrjradmonish

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmn

14 sec. wow.

I recant what i said above. The best thing for UFC right now would be they could find a female fighter that can last a round with Ronda. Heck, even 30 sec would be good.

Just long enough for an animated .gif, stickgrappler.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by dcrjradmonish View Post
    Prediction Ronda wins cat but looses to Holy Holm.
    After Holmes showing this weekend I doubt ronda is too worried about facing her

Who the "F" leads with a weak ass knee AND leaves her arm out like that with an olympic level judoka ???

The UFC needs to give Rhonda some serious competition.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Who the "F" leads with a weak ass knee AND leaves her arm out like that with an olympic level judoka ???

The UFC needs to give Rhonda some serious competition.
    Someone who is 8 and 0 and the second best female fighter the ufc has?
    To be fair the idea probably wasn’t that bad, disorientate Ronda and beat her in the scramble, as Cat is a decorated wrestler and champion BJJ fighter, and got the takedown and did ok at the start of the scramble, its just that well Ronda is a better grappler and scrambler than anyone in female wrestling, but what else can you do against her?
    Best strategy is probably to keep distance and hit her with heavy hands, problem is most the top female MMA fighters are grapplers first and foremost, and none have heavy hands or feet, and Ronda also closes the gap really well and her striking especially in the clinch is getting better and better
    Holmes was the big white hope to beat her, but her first UFC fight, going the distance, getting a split decision and not really out striking someone not known for her stand up (someone who also managed to clinch with her easily and trade with her without fear of being knocked out) didn’t really inspire confidence

The fact that the best fighters in women's MMA are grapplers, but none are even close to Rousey it seems, tells me that her dominance is at least partially due to simply sub par competition. I mean, that's expected. Everyone knew that women's MMA would need time to catch up to the level of the men. Rousey is probably the first to truly break that barrier and could compete against the men. The rest aren't up to that level. At this point, they need to start attracting some females from somewhere that will be able to compete at that level or women's MMA is going to go the way of WNBA. Rousey attracts a crowd but novelty will wear off.

Womens MMA is like the lighter mens categories, made for grapplers, they cant hit hard enough to get a one punch knockout making grappling easier than say in the middle weight or heavyweight categories
    And the big Problem is whilst with the mens combat sports wrestling, judo, boxing, Thai and BJJ are largely all at the same level in terms of talent pool and depth of said competition, or at least close enough to as make no diffeerence women’s combat sports simply isn’t at the same place. I mean An all American Div 1 wrestler on the national squad facing an international level judoka would be at largely the same level experience wiseand faced a similar amount of hard opponents
    Womens judo entered the OL games back in 1988, so has close to 30 years of solid international funded competition, wrestling only joined in 2004 I think, the talent pool simply isn’t there to compete with judo, neither is it in womens boxing or kick boxing
    So you have a situation where a world calss athlete comes from a very competitive sport, into a sport where there is nowhere near the level of competition she is used to, and is cleaning house
    For the title fight she fought a 4-time All-American and National Champion in free style and a mundails BJJ champion, and owned her, a similar level judoka in mens MMA fighting a Similar level wrestler and BJJ fighter would expect a much closer fight its just that the level of competition in womens BJJ and women’s wrestling isn’t as challenging as what Ronda had to face growing up in Judo

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Someone who is 8 and 0 and the second best female fighter the ufc has?
    To be fair the idea probably wasn’t that bad, disorientate Ronda and beat her in the scramble, as Cat is a decorated wrestler and champion BJJ fighter, and got the takedown and did ok at the start of the scramble, its just that well Ronda is a better grappler and scrambler than anyone in female wrestling, but what else can you do against her?
    Best strategy is probably to keep distance and hit her with heavy hands, problem is most the top female MMA fighters are grapplers first and foremost, and none have heavy hands or feet, and Ronda also closes the gap really well and her striking especially in the clinch is getting better and better
    Holmes was the big white hope to beat her, but her first UFC fight, going the distance, getting a split decision and not really out striking someone not known for her stand up (someone who also managed to clinch with her easily and trade with her without fear of being knocked out) didn’t really inspire confidence
    Bah.
    Leading with a weak knee against an olympic judoka is like leading with a head butt vs a world class boxer.
    Anyone that is 8-0 should have good enough trainers to know better.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

claymation version

I don't know how to embed instagram vids.

ROWDY RONDA ROUSEY
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips