Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: James Lacy has passed

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings Brat,

You owe me BIG TIME for this and if this happens for you I want a free set of Danny Padilla tapes.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/emd/4852844297.html

mickey
    Thanks mickey, I'll get in touch with this guy. I have the Paul Vunak tapes all of them. I'll let you know what I can get ahold of and when I get them.

I often mistake Danny Padilla for Paul Vunak. LOL.

Danny is a GREAT guy. I saw him about once a week for close to a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    Greetings Brat,

You owe me BIG TIME for this and if this happens for you I want a free set of Danny Padilla tapes.

https://greenville.craigslist.org/emd/4852844297.html

mickey
    I never bought/had any of Dannys videos but I do have the first 3 Mike Bridges Power Lifting videos from the Panther series. Have a Larry Scott Hypergrowth video too. 3 Charles Glass videos. Probably others but off the top of my head..

Greetings boxerbilly,

Thank you for mentioning those. Only the Padilla set will do. These were available on dvd at one time.

mickey

Stick to your guns Mickey! Good luck. Sometimes the things you think are the easiest to get prove the hardest. Sorry I can not help you with this.

PS. I forgot to mention Serge Nubret. My favorite BodyBuilder. I have the dvd he made a couple of years before he passed away. Danny and Serge both got F-d at that event ! Danny got chopped from almost the entire film save a small part with Arnold watching Corney pose. Nubret would have won that event but was told your out and went off his diet for a day. Then they said, you're back in and he lost his detail. The man looked far better than Arnold but they could not have a black man win then. Im not black by the way. Just saying, he was THE BEST as far as I'm concerned. Danny would be my number 3 fav.

Someone posted the Nubret video on Youtube. Pretty sure it was not Serge since he is dead. Its segmented though. Still, I think it is all there.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbj...lvJ1RXA/videos

Greetings boxerbilly,

Pumping Iron was the first time I ever saw Serge Nubret. The first glimpse was such a moment for me that everything in my consciousness came to a halt. You could have ripped off both of my arms in that moment and I would not have felt it. Though I have read that he put forth some good students, I do not think he was incredibly meticulous with beginners. It seems that you had to have a foundation to really reap the benefits of his instruction. There is a book that has yet to be released titled "70 Years Young". His health took a serious turn for the worst: he was found in a coma. Shady speculations arose about what got him in that state. I simply think it was the following (start at 5:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipp6bei95R0

mickey

Name:  rainbow-dash-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-4798-1920x1200.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  49.2 KB

James Lacy (RIP)

He once posted a video putting up a 300 pound bench. He was in his 50's. Most I ever put up was 205 3 times but I had assistance on 2 of the reps.

I could bench 185- 20 times though.

When Arnold first came to the US. Joe Weider hooked him up with Danny. Danny let him live with him. Arnold was basically penniless then. Straight from Danny's mouth. They were good friends. Probably still are but their lifestyles now means they at best see one another at events.

Wow, he got old. I'm getting there myself. He looks FAR batter than I ever did even at this age. Did Cahling have a stroke at some point?
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-12-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Mickey, you might be right. Insulin is the most anabolic hormone we have I believe. Bodybuilders have used it for decades. It can kill instantly if you screw the dose up.

It just dawned on me. I think Cahling was a Judo blackbelt.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 03-12-2015 at 12:11 PM.

Greetings boxerbilly,

Cahling did train Judo.

The asymmetry you see is the result of a cyst removal.

A lot of people who insist that Nubret was natural would not even consider insulin.

mickey

Bodybuilders have been using steroids since the late forties. Regular use began in the 50's. In the 60's all of them were using. In the 70's other things started being used common place. I believe steroids were first available in the mid 30;s but cost to make precluded much testing until the mid 40's. Reeves juiced for a bit.
    It was more he tried them and opted not to again. I believe it was for one of his movie roles. He showed up skinny and 6 weeks later, BOOM!